fair or not ?

ruudoniac

Fledgling Freddie
Vaar said:
And your question is a obvious one, concidering which cc'ing, pet-wielding, base life tapping, SPEED-class, he is probably taking in account.

But this time, it is not a sm-boost which is the "correct" solution...

1st. Lifetap isnt base (like sorc)

2nd. Caster's cc good ? since when ?

3rd. Sorc has all stuff an sm has + speed + base lifetap + ubah cc + det buff + + + + + , so y not boost sm a bit up ? (and dont forget that only 3 casters in midgard :twak: , and sm is teh main caster ) !

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
ruudoniac said:

3rd. Sorc has all stuff an sm has + speed + base lifetap + ubah cc + det buff + + + + + , so y not boost sm a bit up ? (and dont forget that only 3 casters in midgard :twak: , and sm is teh main caster ) !

Yes sorcs also have a pet that intercepts 60% or more of all melee attacks :touch:

Dacrath

One of Freddy's beloved
Detonation TnT said:
So what u think : is it fair for sms to have speed , or not ?!

Why dont you go solo in odins and use the hasteners for speed :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Yaemon said:
Id say champ Is THE most useless char in this game..a place possibly shared with armsman.

we have Cripl (champion) in TD and he does pretty well at guarding ppl imho, very good defensive player, so I wouldn't say champs are useless at all, just a pity he's not playing anymore :(

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Hi... I'm a highlander and I'm forced to wear a kilt. Is this fair?

For once think about the things that really matter!

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Jaond said:
I dont have df
You have DF 24/7, even if you have to bring the elder herring zerg to hurbury at 6 am to wtfpwn a keep.

Valeres

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
You have DF 24/7, even if you have to bring the elder herring zerg to hurbury at 6 am to wtfpwn a keep.

think he meant dragonfang though :twak:

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
ruudoniac said:

Ehhh. I know:)
My mistake was not to lable my post NERF SORCS YESTERDAY!!! When I say...

"concidering which cc'ing, pet-wielding, base life tapping, SPEED-class, he is probably taking in account."

I'm obviosly far to subtle...

Interpretation:
1. TnT is a sm.
2. He notices (from my interpetation... Which MAY be wrong... ) that the OTHER cc'ing, pet-wielding, LT class... HAVE SPEED.
I think most ppl can get a vague idea of which class I thinking of... For the rest of you... YES it's the sorc:)
3. Hence he starts a post, where he asks IF it would be fair to give the "speed" part to SM's ASWELL.
4. Concidering the general stand of the darkSm line. I personally think NO.
5. My conclusion is NERF SORCS (YESTERDAY) instead...

Subtility are so wasted on a number of ppl... (sigh) Well. I live and learn. Next time I will do the WRITZ3 INN B11GG CAPPPS AND NERF EVRYB0DY AND NEWAH WR1TE M00RE THANZ 2 LIN3Z style...

Or not:)

Hmm. I'm surly in a bad mode today, by my standards...

Jeffery

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
hi i am a hero, i dont have cc, i dont have a pet, i dont have damage debuffs and i dont have speed.

is this fair?
BTW he is also talking about a caster class .. IE cabby .. enchanter .. SM .. i am guessing

spongegob

Fledgling Freddie
I have no spells
I have no pet
I have no group
The nly that i have is a crap shield, crap chain armor and my Sux00r dmg
AND ?
IS IT FAIR ?

:twak:
:mad:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Yaemon said:
A little whineriddle for u then...

Hitpoints and weaponskill like a stealther, but I cannot hide like one.
I am slow.. cannot outrun anyone.
My weapon is large but I deal damage as if it was small.
Groups avoid me like plauge. Soloers stay out of my path.
Im a mage without magic, a tank without toughness.
Forgotten by our creators when our world was young.

What am I?

;)

haha, your a chimp ofc!

uber riddle :)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Eredrin said:
Yes sorcs also have a pet that intercepts 60% or more of all melee attacks :touch:

now, while i have little complaints about sm pet, they dont buff/heal or stun or root, they arent orange/yellow(dont think you can charm reds). that said you still need to find one.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Eredrin said:

I'm beginning to tire of those postulations about pet intercept, by people who doesn't have the slightest clue, but actually only speaks out of a streaky intercept incident.

So my question is: Got any empiric data to prove it? Otherwise, I'd suggest you to stfu.

PS. Detonation really is a moron... To even think that SM don't got enough already T_T

Helsvell

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
now, while i have little complaints about sm pet, they dont buff/heal or stun or root, they arent orange/yellow(dont think you can charm reds). that said you still need to find one.

Sorcs at the most can charm yellow con pets if they spec 32 (or 33) mind. If they go higher in body to get better dd's then they are retricted to green con pets.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
tbh give SMs stealth FZ and grapple. Its so hard for them with an intercepting pet and brittle guards.

nah the pet should have grapple... no reason for the SM to stun him self....doh..

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Btw...

Hi I'm a wizard...

I can Nuke and Bolt... is that fair ? maybe u should remove the bolts in order to lower my range and make it fair when I fight SM's... and remove root aswell since it is lame that I can root is pet and then he might have a chance to die when the 14 infils @ amg add :(

Edit: nerf my lvl 13 AE root aswell :wij:

Eredrin

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
I'm beginning to tire of those postulations about pet intercept, by people who doesn't have the slightest clue, but actually only speaks out of a streaky intercept incident.

So my question is: Got any empiric data to prove it? Otherwise, I'd suggest you to stfu.

PS. Detonation really is a moron... To even think that SM don't got enough already T_T

I'm sorry but who really cares about the exact numbers, 60% is just a number thrown out by me, it can be less sometimes and more other times, still intercepting pet is something an SM has and a sorc hasn't.

If you'll excuse me now then I'll go somewhere and stfu :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:

Sorcs can have only up to yellow pet with the corresponding mind specc as was said above.

And btw, are you actually sure that spiritmaster pet doesn't do anything of what you mention? Ok, then let's help you:

CamelotHerald said:
Summon Spirit Thrall
Summons a "pet", or servant that the caster commands to fight and die for it. The pet will be 88% of the caster's level. With each upgrade, spirit thralls gain additional abilities (they also inherit abilities earlier pets recieved). The race and armor of the pet is cosmetic only and has no effect on the pet's statistics or abilities.
1 Summon Spirit Fighter Self 6.0s/*/0s 25% power
7 Summon Spirit Soldier Self 6.0s/*/0s Proc stun, uses weapon 25% power
12 Summon Spirit Swordsman Self 6.0s/*/0s Proc cold damage 25% power
20 Summon Spirit Warrior Self 6.0s/*/0s Proc lifedrain 25% power
32 Summon Spirit Champion Self 6.0s/*/0s Proc bladeturn 25% power

Notice also that it seems than spiritmaster pet is the only one that inherits abilities from earlier pets while cabalist and encanter pets get different/unique abilities in each version but do not inherit previous pet abilities!!

You want more stuff for spiritmaster pets? Here:
1.62 patch notes said:
Spiritmaster Changes
- Spiritmaster pets, starting with the spirit soldier, now have a chance to take the melee attack for their controller. The chance increases up to the spirit champion. The caster must be standing close to the pet for this ability to be used.

So, at 50lvl a Spiritmaster gets a pet that intercepts (lots if buffed and close to him), proccs stun, proccs cold damage, proccs lifedrain and even proccs bladeturn. Want anything else next? :p

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Its pretty stupid how much ppl hype the intercept pet. Sure its good when soloing, ok vs tank based groups too, but no difference to any other pet when fighting caster based groups which are 90% nowadays. Also keeping the pet near you has its dissadvantages, one enemy support class interrupt-free.

SM is a balanced and good class, but imo not overpowered. Only thing a dark sm has that a sorc doesnt is the intercept on pet. Sorc has a lot better cc, speed etc. Supp sm on the other hand is best pbaer in game (intercept, higher delve) but lacks ranged dmg and pbae has very limited use against caster groups..

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't say it is overpowered but not underpowered in order to ask for more stuff. Oh, and try to compare the wiz with sm/chanter too. :( So, much less utility and no pet which sucks tbh.
Finally, don't forget that sm pet gets to stun too which is nasty too (trust me i felt that)...

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Didn't say it is overpowered but not underpowered in order to ask for more stuff. Oh, and try to compare the wiz with sm/chanter too. :(
So, much less utility and no pet which sucks tbh.

Agree, sm >> wizard, but chanter >> sm too :p

Ilienwyn said:
Oh, and don't forget, sm pet gets to stun too which is nasty too (trust me i felt that)...

So do cabby pets

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Asty said:
Agree, sm >> wizard, but chanter >> sm too :p

So do cabby pets

cabby pets don't intercept as well, or get rest of the stuff. They only stun.

Tried to solo a sm one day when pet interecepted some hits, then mezzed me and moved away but then pet hit me and stunned me. Try move your butt from stun to move close to sm and then have pet intercept your hits....

Chronictank

FH is my second home

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom