failure to install Farcry

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Just bought the wife a new gfx card, an fx-5700 LE from PNY Technologies. All fine and dandy it installed fine and I left it there. Then I noticed it came with Farcry on dvd, so I thought I would install it and see what it was like.
Anyway, got a bit into the install , adobe 6 completed, directx 9.0b completed, then boom, fatal error 1306, corrupted .cab, roll back no installee.

Question is it just a borked dvd or do I need to change permissions as the knowledge base indicates in error 1306 microsoft installer. If it is the latter I am deeply confused as ther is only one account on the comp and no hidden administrator accounts going on.

Any help would be appreciated, and please do not slag off the card it was relatively cheap and an upgrade over the GF3 Ti 500 on a bank holiday Monday. :p

Later

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like a firmware upgrade to the dvd/cdrw was required, currently installing about 40% done.

Thanks to all of you who were going to reply ;)

Later

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Gengi said:
Looks like a firmware upgrade to the dvd/cdrw was required, currently installing about 40% done.

Thanks to all of you who were going to reply ;)

Later

i didnt know if it was the "allocatecdroms"="0" problem in the registry
(hkey_local_machine/software/microsoft/windows nt/current version/winlogon) or not so i wasnt gonna say anything.

better safe than sorry :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom