Fails to load Camelot City in DR Client..

Duzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Few days ago I decided to play some daoc again after a break. So today I went to buy DR to get some fancy weapons and stuffs. But when I try to port to Camlot City with DR client it loads up to 40% then freezes.. Every single time. No matter if I port or run in normally, or from which zone I try to enter. It loads to 40% pretty instantly and then the client get the tag "Not responding".

I have tried to set the models and stuffs to minimum, didnt work..

Any other zone works like a charm, its really smooth. And I even tried to reinstall the game, that didnt help. And I doubt its my computer specc, 3000+ AMD, 1.5Gig mem and a Radeon 9600 XT.

All other clients works just fine, so this is really getting to my head. Does anyone know anything about this? Please help me here. Im open for any suggestions.

Regards,
Duzzy

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Check your firewall logs, and see if you are blocking UDP traffic to/from the Server. My firewall didn't prompt that it was blocking it, and ask whether or not to do so, it just blocked it. Zoning was FAR faster when it wasn't blocking the UDP traffic.

Darzil

Duzzy

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Darzil for your reply, however when I reinstalled again this morning, after that it started to work, no idea why it didnt work after the first reinstall, but it works now.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom