Facts needed !

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
From the testing I've done :

with 600 ws (pierce weap blades specced) : 30/60

1930 ws 28blades and 101 str cap : 29/60

d/q and base dex : 27/60

57 shield (dropped 11 shield) : 15/60

difference on first ones is probably just based on luck :)

so unless anyone can prove me otherwise it's full shield spec based

AmeinoN

One of Freddy's beloved
Arid|Disci said:
From the testing I've done :

with 600 ws (pierce weap blades specced) : 30/60

1930 ws 28blades and 101 str cap : 29/60

d/q and base dex : 27/60

57 shield (dropped 11 shield) : 15/60

difference on first ones is probably just based on luck :)

so unless anyone can prove me otherwise it's full shield spec based

Why you dont play a paladin and try slam a warrior from front :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
can say this:

block rate is based on shield spec & dex

chance to land a style (slam) I would say is based on number of facts: wpn spd, dex, spec,skill. I suppose their wpn skill compared to yours would also play a part of it.

in regards to NS evading often, dont forget you use 88% of the time pierce wpns & have evade 7 with a haste buff & a spec line with an enhanced bonus to defence move ( Hamstring chain)

:fluffle:

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, but I need to evade first, and that evade almost exclusively comes from the scout missing slam, thereby getting himself pwned when I do diamondback and hamstring chain.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
Your base BLOCK RATE is calculated from SHIELD SKILL + DEX. Your chance to block an opponent is calculated by what weapon they are using (dual wield/2hander), their weaponskill and the style they are using.

'TO-HIT' CHANCE is unaffected by Weaponskill.

CHANCE TO LAND SLAM on an opponent in RvR (after basic 'to-hit' calculations) is based on YOUR SHIELD SKILL+YOUR DEX vs their defense (evade, parry or block).

Having been almost every hero spec, I concluded that there is a 'hidden' shield WS, which is governed by SHIELD SPEC and your DEX. This was based on 3 levels of 1hand spec (6/28/50) and 2 levels of shield spec (42/50) and the three dex spec levels (unbuffed/base buffed/base and spec buffed). I swung between 6-> 28 -> 6 1hand pre-toa (a couple of times) and did 6-> 50-> 6 1hand post-toa. If there is a difference in RvR slamming with different 1h skill, I have never noticed it.

SHIELD DAMAGE is calculated from your shield spec, your dex, the size(speed) of shield (4.2ish spd for largest one), obviously DPS of shield and the style bonus.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Just a reminder to all about testing things in DaoC:
To get any reliable information you have to test things AT LEAST 500 times, if not over 1000 or closer to 2000 times.
The DaoC rng can be extremely streaky over small samples, but even over larger samples.
So saying something happened x times in a sample of 10-100 , doesn't mean anything other than you were (un)lucky during that sample. Cause in the next 10-100 tries, the results maybe totally the opposite.

I once made 10 gems, 2 were mp's, 6 were 99 % quality and the rest was all 98% quality. Does this mean my chances of making a MP on any given try are 20%, and my chance for getting lower than 98% gems 0% ?

Danita

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Novamir said:
Your base BLOCK RATE is calculated from SHIELD SKILL + DEX. Your chance to block an opponent is calculated by what weapon they are using (dual wield/2hander), their weaponskill and the style they are using.

'TO-HIT' CHANCE is unaffected by Weaponskill.

CHANCE TO LAND SLAM on an opponent in RvR (after basic 'to-hit' calculations) is based on YOUR SHIELD SKILL+YOUR DEX vs their defense (evade, parry or block).

Having been almost every hero spec, I concluded that there is a 'hidden' shield WS, which is governed by SHIELD SPEC and your DEX. This was based on 3 levels of 1hand spec (6/28/50) and 2 levels of shield spec (42/50) and the three dex spec levels (unbuffed/base buffed/base and spec buffed). I swung between 6-> 28 -> 6 1hand pre-toa (a couple of times) and did 6-> 50-> 6 1hand post-toa. If there is a difference in RvR slamming with different 1h skill, I have never noticed it.

SHIELD DAMAGE is calculated from your shield spec, your dex, the size(speed) of shield (4.2ish spd for largest one), obviously DPS of shield and the style bonus.

Listen to him!

rah

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
what der ice said!

If it was based on ws too, every hero who is split spec (lw+shield, CS+shield) would have shit block rates.

dex+shield skill.

this is about slamratio, not fucking blockrate, and i trust the americans more than "you" in this case, cba reading whole thread of random bs, dunno if you already got corrected or not, but here it is anyway ^_^

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
rah said:
this is about slamratio, not fucking blockrate, and i trust the americans more than "you" in this case, cba reading whole thread of random bs, dunno if you already got corrected or not, but here it is anyway ^_^

did you get out of bed the wrong side or did you just start your first period?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
rah said:

I think i know it better then all Americans together. xDDDDDD

And Novamir anyway!

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Listen to him!

aye that's kinda what I came to as well

except for not seeing dex having any effect might be bad luck though anyway thx for all replies, my temp will be alot easier to build now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom