Factions? Any mobs not to kill?

M

malcor

Hi guys.

As a relative newcomer to the game, can you give me some advice about any people I shouldn't be getting hostile to me? I feel a pang of conscience every time I kill a Wild Stallion, and get that "Your rating with Epona has dropped" message. Will anyone come back and bite me in the ass when I can't do a quest later? :eek6:

I'm guessing that slaver's etc are ok to slaughter, and the Salisbury undead I'm not losing any sleep over, but any to watch out for please?

(Btw- L14 Minstrel, and loving it. ;))

C

CliffyG

To be honest i've only come across one case of faction meaning anything other than agro and thats a lvl 50ish quest in the barbarian village in caldey which is easily solved by killing a few undead. I wouldn't worry about it at all :).

B

bulge

They upped the faction ante in SI, where it means a lot more and impacts on quests etc.

If you kill Orcs in SI, Grifflets/Winged Serpents/Lammia/Ogres get friendly.

In classic Camelot, I never found it to be too much of a problem, I dont remember it ever affecting any quests I did.

Only a couple of things to note really :-

When you get to Cornwall in your mid 20's you need to kill boogeys to get good faction with the npc's at Western Cornwall, (the Yarleys) and with the giant rooters (pigs) that are there. If you dont its a bit of a pain getting a horse or selling loot.

When doing kill tasks, I've found accepting a task means that the mob you have to kill is immediately aggressive to you even if it was neutral before (also happens with some quests).

I didnt kill the horses either, but didnt seem to matter in the long run...

Good hunting

E

Edaudric

In Lyn Barfog, you'll need to kill goblins to get a good standing with the avalonians there.
They're not actually avalonians, but they look like them. Got some really odd names too.

They are merchants as far as I know, by Lake Barfog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom