F1 today

Yaka

Part of the furniture
So whos watching to see if Lewis Hamilton wins or not?:p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Watching ! Going back to watch once the ads are over.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Not the greatest of spectacles untill it started raining in the last couple of laps, crazy race. Did seem a bit odd tho that Glock slowed down so dramatically on that final lap.

Congrats to Lewis tho! Youngest F1 Champ ever!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Timo Glock running off the road for 18 seconds on the last lap after hamilton had lost it?

"Hmmmm" is all I'm gonna say ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
im not a f1 fan but my god that was an exciting finish think however glock was told to hold back

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Timo Glock running off the road for 18 seconds on the last lap after hamilton had lost it?

"Hmmmm" is all I'm gonna say ;)

Ahh didnt realise he went for the agricultural route around the track.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
blimey, not quite sure what happened to glock but what a way to win :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
all those fuckers in the crowd booing what a bunch of assholes lewis is a better than me cos id have been screaming hhahhaahh fuck you all

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Glock was on dry tyres, it was always going to be a risk - don't think there's anything fishy there tbh.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
It rained, and glock was the only one on drys out of the top few, was a nail biting last couple laps...

Kryten

Old Cow.
Was a fantastic, nail biting, emotional and entertaining race. It's an ideal F1 season finisher. The right man won the race, the right man won the championship. Great drive from Vettel also, naturally very mature driving from Hamilton who I must admit was expecting to panic when Vettel passed. Yes, it was lucky that Glock fell so far back, but that was to be expected - it was edge of the seat stuff and if anyone deserves winning the championship on a little luck, it's Lewis - because face it, the FIA have been doing everything in their power to stop it from happening.

And of course:

34i1bnp.gif

Kryten

Old Cow.
That's the Ferrari garage - the head of the team and most of Massa's family celebrating Massa's championship win, before being told "actually we hate to break it to you, but Lewis is champion" :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ahh didnt realise he went for the agricultural route around the track.

Don't think he did actually. They didn't bother showing it. :(

all those fuckers in the crowd booing

Maybe they were booing 'cause they all saw Glock slow down - like the American's when Ferrari fixed the US GP eh? ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Congratulations to Vodafone Ferrari-Mercedes on their drivers crown.

Kryten

Old Cow.
You would, Bodes :) Face it, if there was anything Ferrari on the silver bullets, then Fiarri would have had them banned, hanged, strung and quartered :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
x2w19i.jpg

the improved version of the clip pasted earlier:england:

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
There were only two drivers on the last lap with dry tyres, Truli and Glock. If you check the last lap time for Glock it was 1.44.731, Trulli on the same tyre did 1.44.80.

To me it just looks like the conditions deteriorated badly on the last lap causing both the dry tyre guys to put in an awful time.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I suspect Glock's tyres cooled down too much by the last lap.

Funny clips though :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I was playing online at the time and some guy was laughing because he thought hamilton was about to lose the championship but when he won it was all, "fucking cheat" "Doesn't deserve it" I asked him where he was from. He said Australia, which says it all really.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Don't think he did actually. They didn't bother showing it. :(

Maybe they were booing 'cause they all saw Glock slow down - like the American's when Ferrari fixed the US GP eh? ;)

nah this was after the race when he was going to meet his family he didnt deserve that sort of reception

Bodhi

You would, Bodes :) Face it, if there was anything Ferrari on the silver bullets, then Fiarri would have had them banned, hanged, strung and quartered :D

Even though Ferrari were the only team not asking for McLaren to get banned when they got caught red handed with Ferrari technical documents?

Silver bullets however? Lol.

Anyway I'm glad Britain have produced the least convincing world champion since, er, um.........Oh.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Even though Ferrari were the only team not asking for McLaren to get banned when they got caught red handed with Ferrari technical documents?

Silver bullets however? Lol.

Anyway I'm glad Britain have produced the least convincing world champion since, er, um.........Oh.

Least convincing? most points scored over the last two years from all the drivers? yeah he's shit for his age.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Aye, champion in his 2nd season despite having countless points robbed from him either directly or through time penalties etc. Regardless of what happened in 2007, the 2008 vehicle is 0% ferrari, and there was never any proof to suggest there was any actual design copying between the teams. If there was, naughty team, they weren't the first and won't be the last. 2008 is a different season. It's this season.
Hamilton in his 2nd year has outperformed Senna and Schumacher in the same timeframes. Granted he has a better car to start with, but was a mile more mature and consistent than the moronic Senna, and more level headed than the Red Baron. They all have their own driving styles entirely, and I don't see any point in comparing them. Definitely worth noting that there are 22 of the world's best drivers in F1, but only a select few of them are excellent racers, Hamilton being one. Vettel and Kubica are two others. The rest of the drivers need to pull their socks up and start racing rather than going to work for the day.
I have a lot of respect for the Ferrari marque, and the Ferrari F1 team of the past. The Ferrari team of current is not much short of Team Schumacher without the "angels sitting on his shoulder" - Todt, Brawn and the likes. They're not there to entertain anyone but themselves, they're not there for the sportsmanship. Not any more.

Bodhi

Aye, champion in his 2nd season despite having countless points robbed from him either directly or through time penalties etc. Regardless of what happened in 2007, the 2008 vehicle is 0% ferrari, and there was never any proof to suggest there was any actual design copying between the teams. If there was, naughty team, they weren't the first and won't be the last. 2008 is a different season. It's this season.
Hamilton in his 2nd year has outperformed Senna and Schumacher in the same timeframes. Granted he has a better car to start with, but was a mile more mature and consistent than the moronic Senna, and more level headed than the Red Baron. They all have their own driving styles entirely, and I don't see any point in comparing them. Definitely worth noting that there are 22 of the world's best drivers in F1, but only a select few of them are excellent racers, Hamilton being one. Vettel and Kubica are two others. The rest of the drivers need to pull their socks up and start racing rather than going to work for the day.
I have a lot of respect for the Ferrari marque, and the Ferrari F1 team of the past. The Ferrari team of current is not much short of Team Schumacher without the "angels sitting on his shoulder" - Todt, Brawn and the likes. They're not there to entertain anyone but themselves, they're not there for the sportsmanship. Not any more.

Who cares about Senna and Schuey? Put him in the same car as a young Alesi (make it a Tyrell for historical significance), Lewis wouldn't see which way the crazy Frenchmen went. To me this is all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom