F**king Royal Mail

D

Durzel

I ordered something from OCUK (can I say that?) on Tuesday, it was shipped out same day via 1st Class Recorded Delivery and it still isn't here.

Dunno if its related to the industrial action, but I suspect that's what'll get blamed if I start getting angry on the phone to them.

Can't build my PC until this stuff arrives :mad: :mad:

D

Durzel

It'd better arrive tomorrow, else I'm gonna get medieval on their candy asses.

(or, more likely, I'll just cry :()

D

Durzel

Got one.. it's not showing up on the online system. I rang Royal Mail and gave them the number and they said it wasn't showing up on their system either which, in his words, means its "not out for delivery yet".

So all I know from that conversation is that it's not coming today, which I kinda already knew.

Useless shites.

I wouldn't mind so much except for the fact that when I ordered something last week, using the same delivery method, I received it next day (even though thats not promised). I paid £4 for delivery as it is, and its still not here after 2 days.

B

Big G

Durz,

My mate has had the same problem returning stuff to overclockers. He sent it over a week ago and they still ain't got it. After a call to royal mail, it turns out that due to strike action in London, delivery times are badly delayed just as you said.

Basts.

This is why i choose Amtrak next day delivery for my 9800 Pro that i ordered yesterday, which was £1 more ;)

G

D

Durzel

Don't say that :( I can't wait weeks for this stuff!

I would've sent it via Amtrak except it was about £4 more expensive, and I'd gotten something via 1st Class just days before next day. :(

M

Mr^B

I ordered something from OCUK yesterday afternoon - and it arrived at 7:30 this morning (Royal Mail).

/me shrugs

D

Durzel

Exactly.. there seems to be some disparity in the system somewhere.

Personally, I blame Wij.

S

]SK[

I ordered two DVDs from play.com, they were sent Friday and one arrived Wednesday (Yester), Im still waiting for the other one. Sadly the postage date isnt stamped on the jiffybag. Not bad though 1st class delivery is one week these days.

E

Embattle

I often receive my stuff from play.com on different days even if I ordered them at the same time, although always within the stated 3-5 days delivery time. I do believe part of this is down to the fact that it goes from Jersey -> Belgium -> UK.

S

]SK[

Yes, I just got home to find mine here. I too ordered and according to the play webby they were mailed at the same time.

D

Durzel

Doesn't look like I'm going to receive it today either..

M

~Mobius~

They best sort it out, if my Final Fantasy 11 doesnt arrive on time next week I'll go mental. :(

D

Deadmanwalking

I feel you are a tad obsessed with FF11

:sleeping:

C

.Cask

I've always been really impressed with royal mail. First class for the vast majority of times I've needed something delivered quickly. Special delivery is way more reliable than couriers from what I've experienced, normally arriving while I'm still in bed rather than 1pm when I'm not usually home.

Can see it varying wildly from location to location though. Back home in Herefordshire the post used to arrive 8am at the latest, here in Swansea I'm lucky to get it before mid-day. Doesn't bother me too much; my morning routine is so tightly timed that faffing about with the post would make me late for classes. If I got some software or hardware then I probably wouldn't turn up at all :/

O

old.D0LLySh33p

I've never had any problem with using 1st class and Special Delivery.

Only times I've been screwed over have been when I used 2nd class :(

E

evilmonkeh

i remember a time when the post would come every day by around 7:30. now a days im lucky if it comes before i leave in the morning:( (9am)

W

WPKenny

The other day I posted something after 6pm and it arrived on the doorstep of the recipient the next day. I thougth that was pretty good for plain old first class.

It is a bit shite that the post arrives so late these days. I know I leave for work before 7am so that's fair enough but I've had a few days off recently and the post falls through the letter box just before 9am. Most people, even those that work locally, are long gone by then.

M

ManDevil

Originally posted by old.tRoG
My post has always arrived at about 11.30am.

You're lucky for about the past week or so our postman has decided to deliver it after he's had his lunch - He's only just delivered it a few minutes ago 1:30pm :mad:

Oh well at least I win the who has the most shite postie award :clap:

D

Deadmanwalking

Mine is always here at about 7:30 ish :clap:

The advnatges of living in the middle of town and one road up from the sorting office.

D

Durzel

Still not here.. I'm gonna have to re-order it again with Amtrak Next Day if it isn't here tomorrow.

Fortunately OCUK said they'd refund the first order less delivery if I do this.

Users who are viewing this thread