Help F**king iTunes

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Since iOS6 which i have installed on my phone and pad (over wifi), i cant now get iTunes to see them because its not running v10.7, and it wont update for some reason.

I have tried to uninstall it but it keeps telling me a certain file is missing for the uninstall. I have tried installing an earlier version but cos a newer version is present it stops installing

Does anyone know which file to delete, and where it is, so it will let me install the newer version?

I have spent 3 hours fucking about with it today, and now it seems i have lost some music and podcasts too, which has really pissed me off, as the podcasts are not available anymore

and dont give me the whole 'apple/itunes is crap anyway' i'm really not in the mood.

Cheers

Edmond

Thats great, thanks, i'll give it a go......:mad:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Just dont use it. I cannot comprehend why people still do.

Edmond

Found lots of locations with the folders in that the music should be in, but folders are empty. Tried a system restore back to last thursday (furthest i could go back) but no joy

Thx soze, i'll give it whirl

Kryten

Old Cow.
No help, but it made me laugh that when I installed iTunes to move my iPad to IOS6, I had 4 bluescreens in the space of an hour. Removed it, and all was fine. It's a crock.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Us pro's install iTunes into Windows XP Mode then if it ever fucks up you just swap the Virtual PC out. But since I subscribed to iTunes Match I have not needed iTunes apart from syncing Triple Play Digital Copies to my iPad.

Edmond

That worked soze, your a fucking star, thank you.

I saw the iTunes Match, its £20 odd quid for the year though, is that the same thing

soze

I am a FH squatter
That worked soze, your a fucking star, thank you.

I saw the iTunes Match, its £20 odd quid for the year though, is that the same thing
Yeah £21 a year but once your library is uploaded you can stream it or save it to your device as many times as you like. So it is like paying for a online backup and for my 60gb Music library it was not much more than Dropbox or similar :)

Edmond

Weird, the folders are saying they are empty, but if i import the folder into the library, the songs appear?

Maybe it doesnt recognise the file type, so it says there is nothing there?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Weird, the folders are saying they are empty, but if i import the folder into the library, the songs appear?

Maybe it doesnt recognise the file type, so it says there is nothing there?
Your Library XML might say the music is there, try to play it. If it end up with a exclamation mark beside it then there is no file.

Edmond

no, it says each folders is empty when i open them, but if i check the size of the main 'music' folder its says 56gb

soze

I am a FH squatter
Download and run SpaceSniffer on your music folder. It will tell you what folders with data in them. Windows will show you unassociated files the only reason it would not is if they were hidden.

Edmond

Everything i have purchased since around July 2011 has gone? the folders are ther but the songs are gone

soze

I am a FH squatter
Everything i have purchased since around July 2011 has gone? the folders are ther but the songs are gone
Purchased via iTunes? If so on you phone go to iTunes and More > Not on this iPod and you can Download it again.

Edmond

most of it is on the phone, but how do i get it back into itunes?

Edmond

I'm gonna hunt you down soze, and when i find you i'm gonna give you a big sloppy kiss

Thanks again, normal service has been restored

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If you are spending £21 a month why not just use spotify and have all the music you ever want for £10?

soze

I am a FH squatter
It is £21 a year and because it lets me download all my music on to my iPhone so another reason not to need iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom