F and J keys on keyboard

Afran

Part of the furniture
They have a little plastic line under them, never noticed it before, wtf are they for? :<

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure its to indicate the start of the home keys for touch typing. Your index fingers should sit on F and J =)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Used to keep you in check when you speedtype also.

Just like the numpad has a lil "niblet" on the 5, to know where the center is.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Another post full of helpfull answers?

I swear! this place is going to the dogs!!

Its not for touch typing! ITS FOR ALIEMZ I TELLS YOU!!! :mad:

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Let me bring this thread on the right course:

The lines are for fooling lonely nerds into thinking its a pair of nipples (when they watch teh pr0n)!

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
I heard they were the spawn of satan? and all computers and thus mankind is doomed?

Just what i heard in the pub last night.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
if you lift up the keys F and J, then underneath you will see tiny dead demons that once powered the keyboard. the bumps are the risen ground in which they were buried.
the keys F and J are significant, because the demons were named Fred and Jeremy.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
the same reason the 5 key on home phones have a raised bit.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
As mentioned its for touch typing. However I dont find i ever notice the 'lumps' on the keys. Maybe as I think someone said, its the starting position for your hands.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
However I dont find i ever notice the 'lumps' on the keys.

That's coz you got long girly stick on nails.

Which incidently all secretary's have, which makes them pointless for their intended use as the home keys for touch typing.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i touch type so i use them subconsciously to know where my fingers are, figured thats what they were for:p

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You are all wrong! Its made entierly for the purpose of confusing us thus making us write threads about it where people only can guess what it is. Its clearly a wide spread conspiracy in my eyes!!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
They are known to some as "Qwerty" markers, because of the querty layout. Thing is, the keyboard layout was made this way to stop keystrokes on old typewriters for locking up with wach other. Now you may have nothiced, you are not using a typewriter, but rather a tool of the luddite satan, called technology.

The two marks are indeed their for touch typing, so you never have to look down at the keyboard to type fast provided you ahve the training to do so. The reason the marks and the keyboards havent changed is becasue the ABC layout of a keyboard is woefully ineficient.

However, there is one word that unfortunately defies this typing regime, and that word is BREAST. Supposedly it is impossible to type breast on a keyboard without looking down. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
However, there is one word that unfortunately defies this typing regime, and that word is BREAST. Supposedly it is impossible to type breast on a keyboard without looking down. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

What does it mean if you managed it ?! I even typed the sentence "the quick brown fox jumped over the massive breast" without looking down to prove that I wasnt lining my fingers up before i started :D

Do I win a coconut? :D

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
just breast on its own, over and over. supposedly its impossible to do without looking (and yes, my eyes were watching the keyboard).

Dukat

Resident Freddy
just breast on its own, over and over. supposedly its impossible to do without looking (and yes, my eyes were watching the keyboard).

This is amazing, I'm actually being challenged to type the word breasts over and over :D I never thought this day would come! :D

breasts breasts breaasts breasts breassts breasts breassts breasts breasts breasts breasts breasts breasts breasts breasts beasts breasts breasts

hmm.. ok, I have to agree its kinda difficult... the "sts" is the bit that makes it tricky imo :(

Where did you find out that odd piece of trivia then ? :D

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Stragly enough, College. My IT tutor for word procesing taught us there are several words you can't type straight off, and that you can only type them correctly once your fingers are already moving.

their are a few, but breast is the only one I remember (your talking 8 years ago now), and I use the word breast alot these days.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Stragly enough, College. My IT tutor for word procesing taught us there are several words you can't type straight off, and that you can only type them correctly once your fingers are already moving.

their are a few, but breast is the only one I remember (your talking 8 years ago now), and I use the word breast alot these days.

Is strangely one of those words?

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
More than likely. Ah, cock was another one that can give difficulty if you try and type it too fast too. I was taught that you can type microsoft quite well with minimal mistakes. A fact that has filled Microsofts complaints department for 20 years now with every complaint under the sun, simply because they coud type the address correctly.

The spawns of satan
Micorosft Complaints Department
7th tier of hell
Room 16.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom