Eye tests

L

LTF

Does a company have to pay for your eye tests if you're using a pc all day everyday?

I've been getting some seriously bad head aches this past week :(

I want to make the bastids pay, even if it is only £20 :eek:

L

~Lazarus~

why?

Optical Express do eyetests for free.

you should also change the refresh rate of the monitor. If it is at 60, this can induce headaches.

D

dysfunction

They dont have to pay.

You should complain to your Health & Safety officer that you are getting headaches etc and you want something done about.

Then sue them if nothing gets done about it.

K

*Kornholio*

Generally I think they do, something like every 6 months or so... they should have a policy on it somewhere, my company does.

T

Tom

Are you in a union? Ask them, they'll be able to advise you.

If not, I would ask your boss nicely, tell him you want to 'nip it in the bud' before it becomes serious, and litigious.

W

Will

Originally posted by *Kornholio*
...they should have a policy on it somewhere, my company does.
As does mine, and I get 50% off any glasses I have to get.

*touches wood*

Disclaimer : Will would never touch that wood while at work

X

Xtro

Funnily enough where I work (use PCs all day), they DO pay for eye tests and then if as a result your eyesight has been found to have deteriorated (because of work) then they will splash out for new specs too.

They do eye tests 4 times a year, not compulsory we just have to pop downstairs and say A Z G H etc or in my case..."I cant see fook all".

Won't go into detail but if where I work broke the law then there would be an outcry so it must be part of the Health and Safety Act.

L

LTF

I made the appointment, need three hours off...

"so you need all afternoon off"?

"three hours, yea"

"right, where's the opticians?"

"25 miles away"

"why cant you use the one in the village?"

"cuz theyre local and don't do contact lenses"

"blah"

Like getting blood out of a stone :eek:

Not in a union, i don't think i'm going to stay here much longer. Just realised, that salry isnt everything in a job :/

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by d0nk3h
Does a company have to pay for your eye tests if you're using a pc all day everyday?

I've been getting some seriously bad head aches this past week :(

I want to make the bastids pay, even if it is only £20 :eek:

if you didn't have glasses beforehand or you need an eye test because you've been working there I think you can.

Not sure if you can gouge them for a regular eye test (or if you have an eye test but haven't had one for over a year or something) but I could be wrong.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by mank!
Where do you work X? Out of interest :)

I honestly really can't say and I honestly am not saying this in an oh look at me way m8 :)

Suffice to say its dull and nothing interesting.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Xtro

I honestly really can't say and I honestly am not saying this in an oh look at me way m8 :)

Suffice to say its dull and nothing interesting.

Heh, I was in a Q2 clan with someone a long time ago who couldn't tell anybody his job either, only that he worked for the government. I decided he was a 00 agent ;)

X

Xtro

rofl well you are on the right lines but there's nothing glamorous about it :)

M

mank!

Do you have a cyanide pill that you are required by law to swallow should anyone find out your job? :D

O

old.Fweddy

Xtro's gonna tell us something that we don't understand. Then we'll begin to be hunted down by a faceless group of killers, wearing only black. The survivors will realize they have to discover the meaning of what he said. This will be the only way to destroy the faceless group and continue our lives in peace.

L

~Lazarus~

either that or he works on a farm artificially inseminating chickens.

I wouldnt boast about that one either.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by old.Fweddy
Xtro's gonna tell us something that we don't understand. Then we'll begin to be hunted down by a faceless group of killers, wearing only black. The survivors will realize they have to discover the meaning of what he said. This will be the only way to destroy the faceless group and continue our lives in peace.

lol :)

Cheers Fweddy that had me chuckling, so did the others ;)

Y

~YuckFou~

Originally posted by ~Lazarus~
either that or he works on a farm artificially inseminating chickens.

I wouldnt boast about that one either.

The word artificially is not required in that sentence :)

T

Testin da Cable

Xtro is a bumboy for a faceless institute bent on taeking over teh wurld!!
much like myself I guess ;)

W

whipped

Funnily enough I just had the same problem with my company paying for eye tests and recieved my voucher today. I am a heavy computer user and they still wanted me to say that I hadn't had an eye test for over 2 years to get a vouchers. Tight fuckers.

L

LTF

Ridiculous.

I'm going to leave soon, when i do i'll take £19.95 worth of stationary :eek:

H

Hashmonster

on a optician related point, i had my eye test recently and thought i'd try contacts for once - the same afternoon i got them i lost one while trying to put it in :(

Users who are viewing this thread