Extending wireless network range

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Well we recently went all wireless and that at home, but because of the size of the house, we need to extend the range of the router. Can anyone recomend a good wireless repeater or solution to my problem? I plan on moving the router to a more central location, but this still will only cover a bit more of the house.

I plan on placing 2 wireless repeaters upstairs on the landing which should then cover the ground and first floor. Are there any problems to this? are there any other solutions i should look at?

Also could anyone suggest a good wireless repeater to extend the range of my network?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Darksword said:
Well we recently went all wireless and that at home, but because of the size of the house, we need to extend the range of the router. Can anyone recomend a good wireless repeater or solution to my problem? I plan on moving the router to a more central location, but this still will only cover a bit more of the house.

I plan on placing 2 wireless repeaters upstairs on the landing which should then cover the ground and first floor. Are there any problems to this? are there any other solutions i should look at?

Also could anyone suggest a good wireless repeater to extend the range of my network?

U just need to add 1 or more Access Points and set em as Repeaters:
I used these ones:
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Sate...803676&pagename=Linksys/Common/VisitorWrapper

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
thanks, is this all pretty straight forward then? gunna get this done in a few weeks hopefully once i got cash and ordered the stuff. how do i set it as a repeater? or will this all be easy to do in the set up guide? and would you recomend the linksey then?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Darksword said:
thanks, is this all pretty straight forward then? gunna get this done in a few weeks hopefully once i got cash and ordered the stuff. how do i set it as a repeater? or will this all be easy to do in the set up guide? and would you recomend the linksey then?

It's easy: they come out with a default IP Address, all setup can be done via Browser and it's fuck easy as 1 2 3.
U go in Ap Mode, set it to Wireless Repeater, ensure that u put in the correct Mac Address of the AP u want to repeat signal, ensure that they are on same SSID and Channel and u are done.
Btw this will work ONLY with other WAP54G Access Points.
I would defo recommend Linksys, by the way it's been bought by Cisco 2 years ago and it's their SoHo Branch Office now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom