Exploitation on a grand scale!

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
Have u been ripped by a game company in the last 3 yrs? if so we can help u get the compensation you deserve .... no win no fee guaranteed!

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
ye its so hard to stand outsite svas and do a /br "anyone spare a few buffs plz :)" like u could kill fook all buffed anyways ;o

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well, I did hear that one of the first "amateur movie's" was with a bb and had a ";) " to mythic... :X

But hey come WoW no bb's there:D

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
AngelHeal said:
well, I did hear that one of the first "amateur movie's" was with a bb and had a ";) " to mythic... :X

But hey come WoW no bb's there:D

wouldnt be suprised they will crop up after a bit.. no bbs at the start of daoc too? im sure theres a class in wow thats good at buffing etc..

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
wouldnt be suprised they will crop up after a bit.. no bbs at the start of daoc too? im sure theres a class in wow thats good at buffing etc..
sry m8 there isnt.
http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Classes.List

check on classes -> more information -> skills (see <class> skills) should be somehwere in middle of page then.

There u can see all.

=-)

...though... a druid have 1 a 2 buffs with a timer, so u should stick it up yer arse if u want buffs:x

wich gives enemy freeeeeeeee honor pts ^^

mudguts

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Mud your hatred of me stems from having your arse handed back to you in Thid so ssshhhh now please.

who when and where as ive told u before not played thid on prydwen for eons. i dont hate u i pity u ... never met such a prententious prick anywhere before, must be a lonely existence... hence the pity.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
OOO Wow!

Luvly.

Hey can you run-through in WOW? Can you? Say you can please!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:

All buffs in WoW is timer based which leads to people leeching buffs instead of having buff-bots, as there is no limit to how many times you can cast a buff beside your power.

You don't see alb-casters having sorc-bb's for power-crack, do you? ;)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Iceforge said:
All buffs in WoW is timer based which leads to people leeching buffs instead of having buff-bots, as there is no limit to how many times you can cast a buff beside your power.

You don't see alb-casters having sorc-bb's for power-crack, do you? ;)

some of the high level buffs required reagents, too. which sucks.
ive seen hib casters with mana ment bb's for pow crack, pve only though. prolly more pombots on mid, where its conc based.

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure there are still many people who play DAoC un-buffed or with out a BB & still enjoy it, Ive ran in many grps without a BB & still enjoy it (kind of!) ..A BB is nice but it isnt essential :)

P.S ..before my lil break from daoc i got my soon to be BB to L48 :D

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
There is an alternative to buffbots.
They're called friends. To get one you need to not be a cock.

Hmm.. Back to the second account for you then...

Oh and before you say it, no I'm not someone who's bitter 'cos you've handed me my arse in Thid. I've never been to Thid/Pryd cos it didn't exist when I was levelling up. I'm just someone who is fed up to the back teeth of your self-aggrandising bandwidth pollution.
I also don't have a BB, never have and don't think I ever will. As a point of principle, I refuse BB buffs and only take buffs from 'live' clerics. I have never had a problem with transfers between characters either. Probably because I didn't resort to throwing tantrums in /br if no-one responded. Probably also because I have friends and people who don't mind helping me out from time to time (comes back to the 'not being a cock' issue I'm afraid, so it may not work for you).

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

Best thing said on this thread yet, and ever likely to be :D

:clap: :worthy: :clap:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
chretien said:
I am not quite sure I get it: the alternative to buffbots is to get a friend who has a buffbot? That doesn't sound like very much of an alternative to me, you're still using a buffbot even if it isn't your own? And getting a played buff-capable char to buff a stealther is fruitless, most clerics/shamans/druids barely have enough concentration to buff their own group (especially if there were no buffbots in the game).

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
I am not quite sure I get it: the alternative to buffbots is to get a friend who has a buffbot? That doesn't sound like very much of an alternative to me, you're still using a buffbot even if it isn't your own? And getting a played buff-capable char to buff a stealther is fruitless, most clerics/shamans/druids barely have enough concentration to buff their own group (especially if there were no buffbots in the game).

c'mon belomar, now you're just twisting his words around, you full well understand the point he's making, besides hes a pally (armsman?) that afaik always run with Templar groups i.e. not solo (speculations tho)

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
I have a bb which i share = extra £4 per month each, Bargain i say.
We pay to play and doesnt every hobby cost money?
The alternative? Im sure a few of us would be in a pub somewhere or spending money by some other means.

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:

Hmm.. Back to the second account for you then...

Oh and before you say it, no I'm not someone who's bitter 'cos you've handed me my arse in Thid. I've never been to Thid/Pryd cos it didn't exist when I was levelling up. I'm just someone who is fed up to the back teeth of your self-aggrandising bandwidth pollution.
I also don't have a BB, never have and don't think I ever will. As a point of principle, I refuse BB buffs and only take buffs from 'live' clerics. I have never had a problem with transfers between characters either. Probably because I didn't resort to throwing tantrums in /br if no-one responded. Probably also because I have friends and people who don't mind helping me out from time to time (comes back to the 'not being a cock' issue I'm afraid, so it may not work for you).

meep

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs: I have never owned a buffbot but i still got like loads of rps at level 50.(16mil or so) Killed 4 sb's solo while i was unbuffed for instance(with both minstrel and merc). Killed 6 enemies solo with smite cleric! etc etc

Am i great or what?

Hehe, im not. I used other stuff i had in my arsenal that i got through ra's, artifacts etc. Not only buffs are overpowered in this game you know. Just keep trying and results will come.

btw.. its always better to act first and talk later.

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
You just don't understand at all do you.

Thing is you lot don't play gimped sbs do you. Any sb knows about the game imbalance. It is so bad it could make you cry at times. Even so I know I can kill probably all infs even at 50 if the buffs were removed and we were on a level footing. But the buffing and especially the af buff offa cleric just makes a mockery of even trying.

Nah, no buffing for me and no level 50 combat either. Why? cos of buffing and nothing else. I honestly don't want to be buffed now. If someone chucks any buff on me I remove it. It just isn't right to have them. I could get away with it just about at Thid level but even so it makes fights 2x as hard at least. At 50 though the buffs take over completely. I do have 2 active accounts. On one is a level 10 aug shammy. 150 hits are being put on my 50 sb even at that level. The con buffs give a percentage as opposed to an amount therefore as you rise in levels the buffs become stronger and more effective on you. By the time you are 50 they just take over.

The answer really is this. Thought this ages ago and it should really be implemented. SC limit should be the buff limit. Therefore someone can be perfect if they have one account and sc gear. Another could play buffed if they want and not have to get sc. TOA stuff obviously works independantly as always. There yu go job done.

Personally I would still run 2 accounts to play this game cos farming with a healer buffbot is great. But I really resent the need forra 2nd account being thrust down my throat.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Thing is you lot don't play gimped sbs do you. Any sb knows about the game imbalance. It is so bad it could make you cry at times. Even so I know I can kill probably all infs even at 50 if the buffs were removed and we were on a level footing. But the buffing and especially the af buff offa cleric just makes a mockery of even trying.

Nah, no buffing for me and no level 50 combat either. Why? cos of buffing and nothing else. I honestly don't want to be buffed now. If someone chucks any buff on me I remove it. It just isn't right to have them. I could get away with it just about at Thid level but even so it makes fights 2x as hard at least. At 50 though the buffs take over completely. I do have 2 active accounts. On one is a level 10 aug shammy. 150 hits are being put on my 50 sb even at that level. The buffs give a percentage as opposed to an amount therefore as you rise in levels the buffs become stronger and more effective on you. By the time you are 50 they just take over.

The answer really is this. Thought this ages ago and it should really be implemented. SC limit should be the buff limit. Therefore someone can be perfect if they have one account and sc gear. Another could play buffed if they want and not have to get sc. TOA stuff obviously works independantly as always. There yu go job done.

Personally I would still run 2 accounts to play this game cos farming with a healer buffbot is great. But I really resent the need forra 2nd account being thrust down my throat.

i see 1 problem thugs.... infils at 50 knows about strafe laming and run through and how to counter it, so you'd basically be fukked.
edit and stuff - didnt bother reading the whole thing, just saw your proclamation of total ownage at 50
second edit xD
SB's are afaik superior to infils in bg, something that pans out nicely around lvl 50

Thugs

Fledgling Freddie
Jobil

Hehe. Killed all you damn infs in Thid whether I run-through or not.

You want to see how good I am? Here try doing this as an unbuffed SB m8y.

Chani VS Weaklin.

Buffed inf m8 and loads like it have died to me. Think I couldn't do similar if we were all balanced - or kinda - at 50?

Yeah right.

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs said:
Hehe. Killed all you damn infs in Thid whether I run-through or not.

You want to see how good I am? Here try doing this as an unbuffed SB m8y.

Chani VS Weaklin.

Buffed inf m8 and loads like it have died to me. Think I couldn't do similar if we were all balanced - or kinda - at 50?

Yeah right.

youre missing my point by about a continent, ill leave you your illusions of total supremacy if you want, just tell me. and no, i dont think you'd do similar to whatever it is you have done. and trying it balanced is easy, just roll and infil on a different server and duel someone. in my book you rank no higher than a rr1 50 sb that hasnt proven shit yet, soz Thugs but you wont get any recognistion (sp?) until you show something worth it.
run through, strafe-lagging, swapping weaps and popping potions, soz but you didn't invent something on the same scale as the wheel, the electric toothbrush or anything like that. However if you spent the time practising instead of trying to convince everyone and his dog of your ubahness you might be good.

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
I've found NF even more easier to rvr self buffed as a Ranger than Old Frontiers. I have a buff bot, but I find 75% of the time she goes ld or I simply get owned and rezzed with only my pathfinding (lvl24) to get me through.

From the 180k I've made in the 1st week of NF. 150k was solo and from that 100k was unbuffed/ranger buffed.

It's not all bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom