expansion rumours

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
These are rumors and should not be taken as anything else.

* A raised level cap. In April 1st [2], 2005 Blizzard poked fun at their upcoming Battlegrounds feature. They featured screenshots of an Orc and Human who challenged each other to the battlegrounds. Originally one of the pictures showed that the human character was level 65. It was quickly replaced with a clearly edited photo where the level was lowered down to 60. The original picture is available here. [3] Some people say Blizzard edited it because they didn't want there to be a discussion on why the character level was above the normally attainable.

* The expansion pack will integrate real-time weather effects all across Azeroth. However Blizzard has not said that weather effects have been pushed back to be included in an expansion pack, but rather the hints available point it to be released in an upcoming content pack [4] [5].

* Characters will be able to learn other racial languages, even those of the opposing factions. It should be noted that this has been rumoured about every single patch or upgrade made by Blizzard so far and that it's been reported that language development has been put on hold for the foreseeable future.

An image showing that the Goblin race is already included as a customizable character in World of Warcraft, unlike all other "mobs" that are premade.
Enlarge
An image showing that the Goblin race is already included as a customizable character in World of Warcraft, unlike all other "mobs" that are premade.

* At least one new race for each faction. Goblins were planned to be the fourth Alliance race before they were replaced by Gnomes. [6] Ogres were featured as a playable race in an April fools joke in 2004 [7] (former Blizzard April fools jokes have revealed to be true in the past, most noticeably the Secret Cow Level joke included in Diablo II [8]). Hot candidates include Goblins, Blood Elves, Ogres, Naga, Draenei, Nerubians, High Elves, and Pandaren.

* There is speculation that the new game's name will be "The Burning Crusade" due to the fact that Blizzard Entertainment reserved the rights to the name in May 3, 2005. The name hints that the Burning Legion will have a large role or at least be the focus of the expansion[9]. There is also a subsection for the section Twisting Nether in Chapter Five: The Planes in the Warcraft RPG sourcebook, Shadows & Light, named The Burning Crusade. This details how unknown heroes of the Horde, Alliance, and other worlds are fighting a war together against the Burning Legion on worlds the Burning Legion is invading. This can lead to the assumption that the expansion will be based in the plane of existence, the Twisting Nether, or another world like Azeroth.

* The third continent of Northrend is one of the areas rumored to be made available in the expansion, possibly including a fourth continent, Undermine [10] (Screenshot from Collector's Edition "Behind the Scenes" DVD)

* Extended cities with player housing neighborhoods. In Stormwind the blue instance portal behind a large portcullis is a hint for this[11].

* The addition of a third faction, most noticeably one consisting of Nagas, Blood Elves and Draenei. This rumor has been taken with skepticism due to the fact that it would require Blizzard a large amount of time to redesign existing world content with additional towns, flight points and quests. There is no supporting evidence for this as of yet.

* The much awaited Hero Classes might be introduced in the expansion. Blizzard has said that they will give more information about this gameplay mechanic at this years BlizzCon. [12]

* Timetravel might be introduced. This will allow players to see what Azeroth looked like before the war with the Burning Legion started, and so on.

* There also rumuors of at least one new profession, woodworking, and a new class, Monk.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...-World_of_Warcraft_Goblin_(playable_race).jpg

:m00:

Aada

Part of the furniture
While it all looks pretty nice.. i've been playing MMo long enough to wait until its released from the devs exactly what is going to be in a patch.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
While it all looks pretty nice.. i've been playing MMo long enough to wait until its released from the devs exactly what is going to be in a patch.

QFT!

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
What would the player housing be for? Roleplaying purposes etc? It can't be like DAoC as it would make the AH redundant.

Gray

FH is my second home
Id love to see a new class for Undead - The Necromancer.

I loved him in Diablo II, more than my Warrior when i had him, so im sure itd be perfect for WoW, raising the dead like The Baron et al...

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Knowing Blizzard, there isn't one, and likely won't be right up until it goes gold.

Heck, the first we know of it will be at this here BlizzCon whic isn't for another 17 days :(

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
i hope the lvl cap increase doesnt happen, cus lving to 60 is alredy a pain/frustrating/time consuming and booring path! (if you disagree, you either dont have a job or a social life)

and for the new race (class?) This bother me very mutch (xperience from DAoC) they will be OverPowered...or something. But who knows (lol) .. so far by xp of others MMORPG Iam not looking forward to it, until i see it :eek6:

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
I'm looking forward to hero classes, but since wow is so pve orientated you will never achieve those without 80 man pve guilds who pve all day long.

Slatelighttone

Fledgling Freddie
You see, when it comes to Hero Classes, it should be a very very difficult solo quest. I mean isn't that the description of a Hero, an exceptional individual.

I mean sure, have some pre-req's for it, exalted with your starting faction for instance, but don't make Heroes based on whether or not you can gather a big enough PvE group....

Just my two cents....

Aada

Part of the furniture
Slatelighttone said:
You see, when it comes to Hero Classes, it should be a very very difficult solo quest. I mean isn't that the description of a Hero, an exceptional individual.

I mean sure, have some pre-req's for it, exalted with your starting faction for instance, but don't make Heroes based on whether or not you can gather a big enough PvE group....

Just my two cents....

Whats the definition of a Hero? Someone who gets people killed :)

Gray

FH is my second home
It does say in the WoW manual that "one day" there will be a higher level cap put into place

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
could i point out that the armor there looks like druid armor, whys orc got it? (or is it not druids armor)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Come on Ogre's! *crosses fingers*

If Ogre's are the new race, i'll drop my alliance char and reroll horde asap.

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
Whats the definition of a Hero? Someone who gets people killed :)

I think someones been to the cinema recently...give Zoe my regards...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gray said:
Id love to see a new class for Undead - The Necromancer.

I loved him in Diablo II, more than my Warrior when i had him, so im sure itd be perfect for WoW, raising the dead like The Baron et al...

yes please. lets have something that can have up to 40 pets shall we??

2 of those in a BG and it would lag so bad theres no point going there.

its a good class in singleplayer. NOT in a game like this.

its laggy enough when the pvp zergs meet.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Darksword said:
could i point out that the armor there looks like druid armor, whys orc got it? (or is it not druids armor)

yes thats the druid armor, and i HIGLY doubt orcs will ever be able to become druids. those pictures are so fake. theres a program floating around that lets u chance appearance on most anything (read APPERANCE, NOT anything else but LOOKS) so if i wanted to i could change my client to show my tauren shaman to be ragnaros. it would still be the tauren i have,
just that on MY screen it looks like ragnaros. and everybody else that wont see it from my client wont see anything diffrent.

and no, theres NO features on that program that lets u change anything but the looks, so dont go thinking u can hax0r uber weapon.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yip, ive played the Necromancer enough in DII to know that 2/3 other Necromancers on a server could play havoc.

However, this is only because we could have a maximum of what... 20 skeletons? They should limit it to about 5-10 and give them a level maximum of about level 55, as surely a Necromancer would only be wearing Cloth stuffs.

Its just implementing them into the game... Do you control a skeleton to attack on its own, or in groups, so probably people with Pets like Hunters/Warlocks would know more about them

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dommers said:
bonedancer?

my thought exactly :)

why not avoid Diablo classes altogether and find something new and exciting that (possibly) wont get cried over (too much)? :D

meh who am i kidding, gifv Gnome Priests and ill be happy! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom