Exp Changes

D

Deadmanwalking

The following changes were made to the way EXP is allocated for base captures:
* A bonus is awarded for being in a squad (this is variable and might be changed either up/down after we watch it for a while)

* The entire cumulative *capture* exp for a squad is totalled and divided among the members at the point of capture/recapture. Kill exp is unchanged from last night.

This means that you personally do not need to be in the SOI of a base at any point or for any specific time to be awarded xp. Nor do you need to be there, or have any squad member there, when the actual capture takes place.

However the underlying computation, short of the bonus value, is still the same as it was last night (time slice based). This means that capturing a base will still be higher reward if there are enemy there, and that running in at the last minute as an entire squad will do you little good.

We will monitor this closely as we do every change, to see if it is a positive or negative impact, and after we gather some data adjust accordingly.

Keep in mind that the raw capture value of bases, and the value of kills, are just data elements we change at any time, so those might be fiddled with as well.

-Twist

\o/

D

Deadmanwalking

Ohh just as i got my sniper cert in order to get some kills :(

W

Will

Heh, I was just about to trade in my MAX cert for sniping too. I'm sick of being the first person to get blown away. Then again, I do enjoy being attacked by standard weapons, hearing the pinging but taking no damage.:)

D

Deadmanwalking

I have medium assault atm to go with my support/transport roles but i find that while i dnt get blown away and can easily hold off more then a few standard grunts, i need some distance for those tower/base assaults or defense.

PING 1 man down PING anouther down etc etc

*strokes boltdriver*

W

Will

Well, I have the standard assault cert, and 5 points to spend after I claim back the MAX AI cert. I was going to go sniper, and get the exo armour next level.

S

SilverHood

I'm planning on getting rid of the Lightning cert, and getting Reinforced Exo suit instead

then either sniper, or heavy assault

Hacking is still debatable... its useful, to a degree...

engineering as well... if I cant drive anything, then it's pretty wasted, tho comes in handy with friednly max units

F

flownalk

just logged off... exp is really messed up now for base capping.. 600exp for a hour long battle

if they dont change it, all the battles will move to towers as theres more exp made from killing grunts anyways

S

Summo

Heh. I joined an enemy base in a squad while the hack was in progress and no enemies around. Hung around for about 9 mins to get 8 xp. That told me. :(

D

Deadmanwalking

Erm.. are u sure i got 2000 cr xp and 1200 br ex from hanging around a base in the latter stages of capture.

S

SilverHood

damn when was this DMW? don't think we captured any bases while I was there :)

Lost a continent and a half though :cool:

D

Deadmanwalking

Well that continent we took over all from one base all the way back to their Sanc Warpgate .... then orders stopped being followed and the rest u know :(

O

Old_Bean

Was present for 2 hacks (at least the full 15 mins) and got zero exp for both.
Third base I managed to get the hack in first, my squad got 250 xp each.

[sarcasm] Whooopeee! [/sarcasm] (if only there was a tag for it)

Hopefully they'll tweak the exp a bit more to get the balance right.

Oh and all bases attacked had at least a dozen defenders present during the attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread