excl and prydwen dieing need more people in it

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
CM may have pissed a lot of people off but if the server was more active with say 2000 odd people the impact of CM's actions would have been negligible.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
CM may have pissed a lot of people off but if the server was more active with say 2000 odd people the impact of CM's actions would have been negligible.

That is very true but with the server as it is CM's Actions day in day out only added to this servers downfall.

People were happy to have IRvR but not CM come early mornings ports cut Relics taken all time in end people from both realms got fed up.

CM added to its downfall in end numerous posts were made to CM as Both realms could see it was detrimental but CM didn't listen.Doing same thing every day retaking ports having to then try and mount an attack to go get relic back was just to much in end.

Just log into Hib side and you will see affect 17:30 yesterday 8 Hibs online :(

Soulja

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Come on ppl! i dont want to move and start new chars... i've worked a lot in exc to switch server.
This is to all the ppl: GO BACK DYVET! and give me rps to rr11 ;)

Couldnt help myself...sorry....

ROFL

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
It's not as busy as when we first moved there. Plus the germans log off at midnight exactly and then server is marginally more busy than dvyet.

Well yes all populations are slowly declining but just after cluster it was insane. 388 people on a ML raid in hib. Hardly enough to say its a rapid decline.

I don't have a problem with the time zone as I live in switzerland but I guess that extra hour can make a difference for the UK based people if they like to play late. (past 1am German time)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Well yes all populations are slowly declining but just after cluster it was insane. 388 people on a ML raid in hib. Hardly enough to say its a rapid decline.

I don't have a problem with the time zone as I live in switzerland but I guess that extra hour can make a difference for the UK based people if they like to play late. (past 1am German time)

388? Aren't BGs capped at 200 people though? : o Every ML raid I've been on on temair/limors have always ended up with a stupid amount of people though and they're mostly very fast :D

kivik

Part of the furniture
388? Aren't BGs capped at 200 people though? : o Every ML raid I've been on on temair/limors have always ended up with a stupid amount of people though and they're mostly very fast :D

150 I thought. And fast german raids, you kidding me? Every raid I've been to has been totally worthless and slow as hell, raid leaders going lost and missing items for encounters.

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
imo GoA have not done enough to keep server alive peeps leaving all realms.
its so sad to see peeps leave for reason......ie there own,but when answers dont come easy then a choice has to be made.

the server has got some happy memorys for me and some not so good.
been playing since ToA came out met some good friends.

but GoA will not promote a game that is almost dead.

guess its time for peeps to make the ultimate choice?

1) stay
2) reroll us with population,and more action
3) enjoy life
4) wait for warhammer

this is my view not to be taken seriously.

gamers>:twak:<GoA> let em have it imo
:england:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

They were (and still are as far as I am aware) capped at 200. There were 2 BGs one on each server running the raids simultaneously!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
People were happy to have IRvR but not CM come early mornings ports cut Relics taken all time in end people from both realms got fed up.

CM added to its downfall in end numerous posts were made to CM as Both realms could see it was detrimental but CM didn't listen.

If people really have to explain to you that simply setting up IRVR then zerging each other between the two keeps is "an alive and well server" then your slightly more deluded than I already thought.

The server died the day CM's actions alone had the ability to influence it. Everything after that was just people trying to find something to blame it on.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
If people really have to explain to you that simply setting up IRVR then zerging each other between the two keeps is "an alive and well server" then your slightly more deluded than I already thought.

The server died the day CM's actions alone had the ability to influence it. Everything after that was just people trying to find something to blame it on.

IRvR was Action which this server was in need of CM just as usual griefed it

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
what is cm ? :D

consignment merchants, they runined the game, when no one was looking AKA alarm raids they would go out and sell keeps to teh other realms. Pissed a lot of people off.

Of course GOA said they were looking into it that was 9 months ago, think someone bought them off. Some people think the consignment merchants are part of the illuminati, tearing to bring down MMORPGS as we know it. I think they just got bored with people begging equipment off them, some people couldnt pay the inflated prices they offered. They had uber kit though.

:m00:

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
lol the people you have to blaim is GoA they have not done anything to make the dyvet server more popular and I feel that they don't look after the servers very well.

when i saw herald server they look really up to data and seem the numbers are incraseing over there also just becuase herald keep there servers up and they keep on adverstiseing there servers

GoA Ive seen nothing at all, yea maybe they put like new patches up and try to keep the game going but its not enought they got to advertise all of the servers (eg dyvet) but probably now its to late.

I might be wrong

but anyway I be staying with dyvet untill the servers are down to 30 people in each server

gl to you all if yu don't stay at dyvet

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
lol the people you have to blaim is GoA they have not done anything to make the dyvet server more popular and I feel that they don't look after the servers very well.

when i saw herald server they look really up to data and seem the numbers are incraseing over there also just becuase herald keep there servers up and they keep on adverstiseing there servers

GoA Ive seen nothing at all, yea maybe they put like new patches up and try to keep the game going but its not enought they got to advertise all of the servers (eg dyvet) but probably now its to late.

I might be wrong

but anyway I be staying with dyvet untill the servers are down to 30 people in each server

LOL u cant blame GOA for it all m8 you have to put some it down to other players attitudes as well but yet again from an Alb I see tunnell vision.

Soulja

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

I might be wrong

Golena made a good point, it was almost over once CM acting like griefing dicks could actually ruin peoples nights, but that doesnt affect the fact that you accelerated the decline - to what extent its hard to define - but accelerate it you did.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Soulja_IA_ said:
but yet again from an Alb I see tunnell vision

It's not just albs suffering from tunnel vision!

Soulja_IA_ said:
IRvR was Action which this server was in need of CM just as usual griefed it

Cromcruaich said:
But that doesnt affect the fact that you accelerated the decline - to what extent its hard to define - but accelerate it you did.

It's hard to define, mainly because if all the people who didn't want to just sit in IRVR had left, instead of those who didn't want to play if there wasn't IRVR. Would the numbers be any different to now, or would it be the same numbers but just different people?

Would a server with a mid and hib group fighting each other in IRVR and no-one else actually be considered a better alternative to 2 groups of albs seiging an undefended keep?

Once the server drops to zero population then you can go back happily and set up IRVR there easily with no opposition. My bets are that you don't do it, mainly because the scenario where they all left instead of you isn't particularly anymore appealing.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH

It's hard to define, mainly because if all the people who didn't want to just sit in IRVR had left, instead of those who didn't want to play if there wasn't IRVR. Would the numbers be any different to now, or would it be the same numbers but just different people?

Would a server with a mid and hib group fighting each other in IRVR and no-one else actually be considered a better alternative to 2 groups of albs seiging an undefended keep?

Once the server drops to zero population then you can go back happily and set up IRVR there easily with no opposition. My bets are that you don't do it, mainly because the scenario where they all left instead of you isn't particularly anymore appealing.

So far from truth with me I like to see all that you mentioned Sieges etc but as I Said only sieging Albs done was in AC keeps NEVER in a time period when people were online.

YET Mids/Hibs did do sieges and Relics in Primetime ALBS (Biggest Population on Server) hardly ever did my whine as usual is against the small minority of Albs who decided to this so as I said the SMALL Minority and not ALL Albs.

This small minority spoiled it not just for Hibs/Mids with they constant griefing but they also spoilt it for they OWN realm mates as they never seemed to get involved with they KEEP/RELIC taking.So my tunnel vision is against that minority.

Soulja

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH

There was no real division between people who wanted irvr and people who didnt - it was necessary just to get a fight. Im 100% certain there was no great split of people on this.

In any case, destroying irvr has been a recent problem because irvr was absolutely necessary to concetrate up the dire numbers. Was the AC raids, over a year ago which caused a lot of probs. Some mermorable ones where hibs put a lot of effort into running primetime raids for that effort to be undone by the next day.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
There was no real division between people who wanted irvr and people who didnt - it was necessary just to get a fight. Im 100% certain there was no great split of people on this.

If that was really the case, why did I have to read threads every single day about some group of people who took a tower and therefore killed irvr.

Yes, I know they only did it because they wanted to grief you, nothing to do with them enjoying taking towers, etc etc..

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
well we cant blame cm. we must remember horner, and that blue alb guild? also dont forget gol. when nf first started zoyster and outlaw leading the 400person zerg in brefine on nged. yeah hmmm and goa's inept administration. need i continue?
i will admit its sad to see the sever in its current state. back in the days when people like bencuver, wela , mimosa, vulcan, davidandgolioth, (just to name afew of the older school people) played and you would aspire to be in the same grps as them. even grouping with gobo, kirenna, kzn when he was a low rr ;) 6 was it? :D anyways im speaking from my own pov. im sure many of u have differnt pov's from ur respective realms.

my advice move usa or go play irl for abit. its not as bad as it may seem :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

In any case, destroying irvr has been a recent problem because irvr was absolutely necessary to concetrate up the dire numbers. Was the AC raids, over a year ago which caused a lot of probs. Some mermorable ones where hibs put a lot of effort into running primetime raids for that effort to be undone by the next day.

For me the cluster died when one couldn't go to any zone but a zerged iRvR zone, because no one went to anywhere else, empty Odin's, empty Emain when iRvR was in HW.

There were always strong disagreements between people who liked iRvR and the ones who didn't like it, use the search function.

And seriously, iRvR in Albion has almost never been established in prime time, I often defended on my own against set groups in the middle of the night who wanted to farm the zerg in an iRvR zone at day time.

Groups who wanted a fight could always arrange it on IRC or the group leader could anticipate enemy groups' movements, the true soloers and not the bandwagon lemming anti-CM iRvR zerging whiners never had a problem taking a boat for a good fight.

But I guess it's easier to run around in a circle in one zone and be hostile to everyone removing this possibility.

Pathetic.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
If that was really the case, why did I have to read threads every single day about some group of people who took a tower and therefore killed irvr.

Yes, I know they only did it because they wanted to grief you, nothing to do with them enjoying taking towers, etc etc..

Your not really reading what I was saying, and are resorting to just trundling out the same old stuff. :(

The minority of people took back towers, the reasons for why they did it are completely immaterial. The majority of people want irvr (sometimes they wanted it shifting ofcourse once they got bored) - like I said, and I cant believe you are arguing about this - most people wanted irvr because it was the only thing that made rvr viable over the last 9 months or so. Just because some people took towers (we all know the reason why they did this - basically it was to bring the action to them because they didnt want to roam) doesnt mean a majority, or even a large minority didnt want irvr. That is until the end where DA and CM plus hangers on were 80% of the server population.

You can bat this around as long as you like, this is the truth of the matter. /shrug.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
For me the cluster died when one couldn't go to any zone but a zerged iRvR zone, because no one went to anywhere else, empty Odin's, empty Emain when iRvR was in HW.

There were always strong disagreements between people who liked iRvR and the ones who didn't like it, use the search function.

And seriously, iRvR in Albion has almost never been established in prime time, I often defended on my own against set groups in the middle of the night who wanted to farm the zerg in an iRvR zone at day time.

Groups who wanted a fight could always arrange it on IRC or the group leader could anticipate enemy groups' movements, the true soloers and not the bandwagon lemming anti-CM iRvR zerging whiners never had a problem taking a boat for a good fight.

But I guess it's easier to run around in a circle in one zone and be hostile to everyone removing this possibility.

Pathetic.

Aye, agree really, once irvr was necessary on a population basis, then it was already game over, as the variety of play was so limited. Just to make it clear, I am saying specifically here, that in the last what 6-9 months, irvr was a requirement otherwise you ran around for 30 minutes without meeting a soul - i know - i did it countless times.

Prior to that (going back well over a year) irvr used to drive me nuts! Used to fuck up full group rvr, used to make soloing a right pain, people would just spend hours facing off over a bridge. It killed variety, and lead to Lowest Common Denominator play. Though at least when there were more peeps on someone with a bit of nouse could hunt run routes.

Adari

Part of the furniture
As for making a new Start Well over 5 Yrs I had 19 lvl 50 Hib Chars Lgm except Fletching over 300P on CM's.

I had 3 lvl 50's on alb which I started up a few months ago DELTING 6 Lvl 50 Mids I had on Pryd and had 7 Lvl 50's on Alb/Glastonbury until it went German

i bet you get all the girls

Solic Archers

Can't get enough of FH
your all right excl and prydwen is dieing and not looking to come back with loads of people so Ive not moved to merlin which is so fun we have a wicked /as and its so fun.

come to merlin US server its so fun there atm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom