Exchange question

G

I have an ost file that i need to convert to a pst file so i can import it back into someones mailbox, i can only find demo versions, anyone got any ideas, i need a full version thats either *cough* or free

G

was just about to post that i fixed it useing ost2pst, i had to ru the inbox repair tool on it but it got back the 170 meg of data for the user, so hes happy as a pig in shite.

thanks jinglebells

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Ooh, handeh.

I've got an exchange question too actually, we've got the databases from an old exchange 2003 SP1 install which were rescued from a Server 2k3 install which had frankly, had it.

As the active directory to which they belonged is no longer intact I can't import them using the recovery storage group, and as it's SP1 Ontracks PowerControls won't let me read the files either. Does anyone know of anything which will? I've googled for some time and thus far haven't found an app which works (regardless of what the developers think...). I'd be grateful for any educated opinions on the matter.

Xav

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836554

If an Exchange 2003 administrative group contains multiple Exchange servers, you can restore mailbox store databases that are in Recovery Storage Groups on any one of the servers in that administrative group. However, mailbox store databases can only be restored to a Recovery Storage Group on a server that is a member of the administrative group that the data originated from.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
which is why I asked what I did. Microsoft say it can't be done, but I know of tools that do for databases running pre-SP1 of Ex2003. I'm just looking for one which handles the schema changes in Sp1.

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
Just phone up their technical support line and ask them how to do it. They've been pretty helpful the times i've spoken to them.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Support for disaster recovery like this on the server products is pricey, even for MSDN universal subscribers.

The solution is going to be a 3rd party app anyhow, Microsoft don't let people get at the databases for dead active directories for a reason - it stops someone thieving your db's and getting at the data... Which is probably in part why SP1 changed the schema.

Xav

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom