Exceptional Shields

Prospero

Fledgling Freddie
Does anybody know if the new exceptional shields have any advantage (speed, damage, block chance, ...) over the old reinforced shields except their looks (well, if you would call a barn door look an advantage :D)?

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Prospero said:
Does anybody know if the new exceptional shields have any advantage (speed, damage, block chance, ...) over the old reinforced shields except their looks (well, if you would call a barn door look an advantage :D)?

Was using the Alb Exceptional Buckler (99%) last nite, was testing end cost with slam. Tbh its quite nice uses hardly any end, dmg is pap tho guess thats the trade off for lower end cost :p

Prospero

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is: the buckler is a SMALL shield. Small shields have always used up much less end on Slam then large shields do and have always been faster. I would more like to know if there is any difference between the large shields (except their look of course).

Related question: I heard the (or some?) of the TG large shields are faster than the usual reinforced tower shield. Is that true? And is it worth getting one for that purpose (I don't like the stats on them, so would only get one for the speed)?

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Prospero said:
Problem is: the buckler is a SMALL shield. Small shields have always used up much less end on Slam then large shields do and have always been faster. I would more like to know if there is any difference between the large shields (except their look of course).

Related question: I heard the (or some?) of the TG large shields are faster than the usual reinforced tower shield. Is that true? And is it worth getting one for that purpose (I don't like the stats on them, so would only get one for the speed)?

Tested the Large Sheild VS a Exceptional Large Blocking shield, im pretty sure that there is definatly a greater end usage on Slam with it, making its slam usage w/o End chant/buff/song very very dubious.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
its so easy to check endusage, how many slams can you do on a full endbar? in hib excal i have a luri hero, with regular large shield i could slam three times one one endbar, with regular large galla shield i could slam 4 times and it was 0.5 faster (ie medium shield endusage and speed) and with the galla vinebound bladeblocker (large shield)i could do 5 slams on one endbar and it was even faster then the other galla shield. (ie small shield endusage and speed)

harm

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik, with an upcoming patch (next?) you can delve the shield's speed. Or maybe it was only the level/dps?

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Slower weap = more end = more dmg
dont think a weapon\shield affect the end usage compared to dmg.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Slower weap = more end = more dmg
dont think a weapon\shield affect the end usage compared to dmg.

no.

new exceptional large shield on mid, uses same end and same speed as the usual large tower shield. (3 slams per end bar)

small shield's use less end and slam faster (5 slams per end bar)

special epic droped sheilds (like the guthlatic great shield in mid, and the vine blocker from hib) use the same end and speed as small shields, but can guard against more attackers than a small shield, thus making it uber :p (5 slams per end bar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom