Excal/Pryd transfers to the US ?

Zurking

Loyal Freddie
I want Dutx back!

I think its a good idea. I've come back after 3years..lvled all way to 50 and temp what not. Wasn't hard but I would of payed for character transfer no problem. I actually wouldn't go back to GoA even if they payd me

So dude, get this petition, and everyone to just pass it on to their old DAoC buddies. Winter's coming.. its cold outside, Come back and pleh DAoC!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
I don't think Mythic would find it worthwhile paying for the rights to the EU characters, at least not while Ywain is running like it's doing now.

Personally I'd love to be able to play my EU characters on US, as long as I get my RPs, MLs and BPs. Can't see this happening though, I don't think Mythic views it as potentially profitable at the moment, maybe if Ywain declines they'll resort to something like this, but in the near future, doubtful.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
it would make mythic earn more money since if they announce it maybe old players that playd eu will resup=more money for them

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I remember the days when respecs & start stat changes were "impossible"

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Like Gr says, its too late to implement a char switch now, those who want to still play already have rolled the Ywain cluster.

Face it, DAOC has had its day as a mmorpg. Its still the same people who play that didn 5 years or so ago. It does not generate new players like other mmorpgs do, like WOW.
The GFX are shite compared to the other options on the market. The only thing that still is in DAOC's favour is its pvp system.

But you try and get a load of 10-16 year oolds to play a game of this age. They dont want the shitty gfx and the epic grinds. They want counter strike tyle mmorpgs, ie go out, gank a few people, die and "respawn" to do the same again.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
But you try and get a load of 10-16 year oolds to play a game of this age. They dont want the shitty gfx and the epic grinds. They want counter strike tyle mmorpgs, ie go out, gank a few people, die and "respawn" to do the same again.

Im happy this game doesn't appeal to 10-16 year olds anymore rly ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
But it is those 10-16 year olds who will continue to play the game ;)

Think about it, vets will at some point, leave the game. With noone to replace them, you end up losing more and more. Just look at Prydwen. What started off as a few people leaving, turned intoa huge snowball effect in which it went from 500-1000 players a night to 5 :(

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Im happy this game doesn't appeal to 10-16 year olds anymore rly ;)

Still some tossers out there though. I died on a goblin tangler pull and rather than rez me a necro just moved in on the camp and made me release :(

Revenge was nice though. Charmed his tang and ran it all the way to barfog ;) I'm guessing its still making its way back hehe

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
But it is those 10-16 year olds who will continue to play the game ;)

Think about it, vets will at some point, leave the game. With noone to replace them, you end up losing more and more. Just look at Prydwen. What started off as a few people leaving, turned intoa huge snowball effect in which it went from 500-1000 players a night to 5 :(

And some of us regret leaving. How I wish I could undo the /ragequit and the time spent in WoW and War and every other mmo thats been released since.

Roaken

Sadly, this will never happen. As someone has already said, those who still want to play have moved to the US.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
And some of us regret leaving. How I wish I could undo the /ragequit and the time spent in WoW and War and every other mmo thats been released since.

Then what has stopped you from making a new account and moving to Ywain?

The reason I quit last time i played on the US servers was the lack of fun I was getting out of rvr. It was virtually the same game at the end of the day. I do get the "pang" to come and play again, but it will probably last 6 months at a push before /quitting again.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
my 8 year old son loves it

He said 10-16 years (i'd say 15-16 years tho) , i doubt your 8 year son acts like those teenagers :D
(yea i know a 10-12 years kid aint a teenage) but i still doubt he acts like them anyway

Zede

Part of the furniture
They are never ever ever ever going to give us that move, Mythic sold the license to GOA you really think they want to pay them back at this time?

They arent going to bother with the what.. 100 or so that would do it?.

and again !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom