Excal/Pryd transfers to the US ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
yes yes, we all know its "impossible" to do this as its 2 different companies etc.. but is it ?

GoA currently have 1000s of completely dead accounts on the aformentioned dead servers.

My idea is this - Mythic "make" a raw character on the new US super server, devoid of gear but with the appropriate MLs, RR & Bounty Points. To avoid whine from GoA, this would be limited to ONE toon per account

So ideas please ? No "lol no chance" This would be very easy to implement. ive thought the following -

GoA would have to admit the excal/pryd are Dead servers.

GoA could charge a one off fee for "administration"

Would GoA object to this as it would affect the other EU servers were ex excal/pryd players are playing ?

End of the day its about money. GoA could have one final swansong & earn a few bucks allowing this transfer & mythic could quite easily have an extra 1000 people on their books.

We could write a letter/petition ? to The Jacobs.

I think mythic would have no problem doing this, its the Frenchies i have severe reservations about.

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
It seems like a good idea, and I do hope GOA will be able to pull something like that off. However I think alot (well at least some) of the former Dyvet-Cluster players are now playing on the German cluster. If they got to transfer their toons to US, GOA would lose subscriptions. I do not think it is likely that GOA would do something that will decrease their income. =/

That said I would gladly pay a one time fee to transfer one or more characters to the U.S.^^

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Should be piss easy to sort with the new server coming, just charge a small fee to each person so they can officaly say that goa sells the rights to that account etc.

I would transfer my chars in a heartbeat!(from german still goa tho)

Everz

FH is my second home
Not possible, the character would need to be taken up through the patches and what not.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Would GoA object to this as it would affect the other EU servers were ex excal/pryd players are playing ?

you'd have to ask GOA that tbh. as theres no rep from them on this forum anymore, or atleast not for this game

but i dont think mythic nor goa would agree to this. theres plenty of european players on the US servers that leveled up and went the proper route perfectly fine. having a toon "power leveled" by mythic would probably not recieve all that much good praise from the US players. and then Mythic would risk losing those players insted.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I'd be happy with a naked approximation the same rps, bps and trade skills, couldn't give a shit about the fine points. BPs on any long term toon would like the player sort his own arties and MLs out. Shouldn't be hard to sort out, but can't see it happening.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
No plans for one mega-server over here then? I don't even mind if it's all in German.

Killder

Can't get enough of FH
I'd pay money to transfer my Excal/Pryd chars to the US Servers and I dare say many others would also.

Everz

FH is my second home
No idea what your talking about ?

EU chars are 1.95 US ones are 1.98, would require alot of extra work taking the data from those up to the current patch i'm guessing :s

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
EU chars are 1.95 US ones are 1.98, would require alot of extra work taking the data from those up to the current patch i'm guessing :s
Well any normal developer would have scripts for that if needed.. Dont think they manually update every account when a new patch is about to be released..

Zede

Part of the furniture
Why, it will never happen so why talk about it?

Some reasons : MJ gone, mythic transfer humping, one dead server, money to be made, its EA ( who like making money ive been told)

All its needs is enough people to give a nod, which normally happens in the form of petition & a nicely crafted letter, so why not ?

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Why would we want to do that, when EA shut down the US Servers (they have form on shutting down MMO's) we'll all be crawling back to GOA :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Why would we want to do that, when EA shut down the US Servers (they have form on shutting down MMO's) we'll all be crawling back to GOA :)

where have u been living the last 18 months ? to play daoc in english you have to move to the usa. Our clustering options were very limited, our servers died along long time ago ! Besides, i taking about a character move, not an account move.

Everz

FH is my second home
Some reasons : MJ gone, mythic transfer humping, one dead server, money to be made, its EA ( who like making money ive been told)

All its needs is enough people to give a nod, which normally happens in the form of petition & a nicely crafted letter, so why not ?

They are never ever ever ever going to give us that move, Mythic sold the license to GOA you really think they want to pay them back at this time?

They arent going to bother with the what.. 100 or so that would do it?.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Dont see the point of transfering 1 naked toon from Euro to US, waste of time and effort.

A whole account maybe, but i cant see that happening all the time GoA still have servers up & running.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Everz pl me on mordred and let's pwn doppels together :(

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

Am seriously doubting their database structures have changed over the last year. The only stuff they'd need to move would be inventory and character data. Nothing else is storred about the character which would really require patching..

I mean, not that I know.. :D

Zede

Part of the furniture
Some other post i was reading mentioned the GoA Daoc licence was up next May ?

IF it is up and the thought is it wont be renewed - this must increase the chances of a transfer. Odds have shifted a bit in favour of this happening...need more odds....more odds !

Goa/Mythic should send some questionnaire email to every daoc eu account ever asking them questions pertaining to said possible xfer.....

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Yea, GOA know this and have pulled all their customer support from DAoC too.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I think anyone who really wanted a character on US servers has already created one by now, it doesn't take that much effort to gear up for RvR.

There's an 88 page thread on 4players going on about the end of DAoC Europe, bit hard to read with google translate - but they mention the license rumour as well. However until anything is announced that's all it'll be - a rumour. We can all pray that GOA drops/loses the license and Mythic can save the day, but I don't think that day isn't going to happen.

Even if Mythic did get all the characters transferred, would enough people really come back? This is the sort of thing which should've been done whilst the population was low but still around, not after the server has been dead for a year.

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm positive that some players will give it another shot, because as far as i see there arren't many "decent" mmo's out atm.
But as many said, maybe is a bigger effort that they are willing to spend on it. Let's face it, when did GOA started to do anything for it's players? :drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom