Exact loot details from ML8 & 9 raids led by Roxboy-Excalibur

KingeX

Fledgling Freddie
Better post your opinions on this thread instead of abusing other raid's etc posts.

Well Roxboy-Excalibur today decided to lead the vavi's MLs 8 & 9. I totaly agree that he helped the realm.

He started well with setting BG treasurer himself but at the end when we asked him where the lotto would take part, he said that he had given the loot away to random people. I really cannot understand what random means... does it mean give them to the 1st person i see? give them to my friends? Keep them in my own pocket? give them to people who asked? Or WHAT?

ML8 gone...

At the ML9 as he said that he was bored to spend his time for lotto, we suggested him not to set any BG treasurer so loot go to the most powerful groups and he ignored us by saying "My raid, My rules" He is not his raid. What he would do with just him? The raid consist of ALL members and not just a leader. Some people voluunted to host the lotto aswell, he did not accept either. From what people told me after ML9.10 step he ported immidiatelly to housing zone without giving any loot. Does this mean i gave loots to random? Or he gave them to random guild members at the Guild house?

Personally i left ML9 when i understood what he is going to do, i know i should have suggested to lead ML9 myself, just didn't want to split the zerg into 2 with risk of some people who really wanted steps lose them.

I talked to AoD guildmasters and they told me that they believe him. (Up to you to think)

More over Roxboy & AoD guild are banned from my raids.

Say your opinions!

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Ive already answered but...

Ive already stated my feelings about this in other threads, but since its better with a real thread here it goes again.

Your description of the events are accurate. He gave out the salvage during the raid, but I didnt hear one person who got any of the usable loot. And directly after ml9 he zoned out, way before he could have "distributed" all the drops from phoenix.

So in short, after giving one bad excuse after another to why he didnt want to host a lotto, or let anyone else do it, he ends up with a "ill distribute the lotto to random people", whithout anyone in the raid actually recieving any of the decent loot.

I agree with him on one thing, a RaidLeader decides the rules, but it should be clearly stated in advance on FH, (not 6 minutes after raid has started) or he is wasting our time, and thats not acceptable.

Also there are limits to how greedy you can be as a raidleader. When it reaches proportions when it is disruptive to the realm, I for one will use his own argument on my raids: "My raid my rules!", and execute my right not to let him join the raids. He has already gotten enough out of raids now for quite some time...

If this becomes a standard in the realm, where every raidleader keeps ALL the loot of every raid, we are creating so much bad blood, that we soon wount help eachother even with the slightest task.

So in short, I agree with you on this KingeX!

/Charmangle

Kaburn

Banned
well theres 2 parts imo 1) Most go for steps 2) ita the zerg that kills the mobs just just the leader so they should have equal rights to roll forwhen drops..But i wanted steps so loot wasnt a second thought to me but yes it was retarded that he had himself as BG treasurer leader when he said he didnt care about loot and was "Giving" it away randomly..there should of been no treasurer whoever does the most dmg grp gets it..but Leaders rules :)

Thornea

Loyal Freddie
Was lots of SH on vent all on the raids.

A guildie PMed Rox and asked if ML9 SB legs dropped could he have (as he needed for template).. was told yes if they dropped

ML9 raid finished and guildie PMd rox.. was told he didnt have them as he dished them out to randoms.

Denarius playing alt PMd him just after above convo, moaning about how ML9 was supposed to be no treasurer and best grps where supposed to get drops as per what rox said at start of raid. Den was told the only loot left was ML9 studded and ml9 leather legs?? (when 1st guildie was told the leather legs had gone)

1st guildie PMd rox back asking who he had given the ml9 leather legs too (as he wanted to make an offer of purchase).
Rox said he gave them to the alt I was playing on the raid lol (when obviously he didnt)

I was given about 6 rog items and a few lower priced items on ML8 though (no more than 500g-1p worth)

That being said, make rules and stick to them. Saying ML9 is no treasurer (some SH guildies who didnt need ML9 came to help because of that) and then changing mind etc dosent wash tbh - I know rules were stated on Vavs original thread, but rules where changed mid raid left right and center
Well done for stepping in though and taking over, was tempted to try myself but was beaten too it and I would have gone no treasurer throught the entire raid (reason I stopped doing MLs was due to stinking lottos) Actual raid was pretty smoothe and well ran, just the loot rule changes mid raid etc let raid down.

Pohjan Poika

Fledgling Freddie
todays raid was abit messed up, that i can give everyone.

he said several times that ppl that dont like the rules may leave now, maybe afew left or so, but consider this: 100ppl was in the bg at the end (in my mind they didnt care or were okay with the rules) - i for one didnt really care.. i only came to help and get the missing steps.

dont get me wrong im not defending roxboy (and the rest of the leaders).
altho i want to place some blame on the attending ppl tho, its not always one persons fault..

and as usual the past months on mid there has been SUCH whine and complaning over the raids that are beeing arranged (loot, steps & all other things that a ml raid has in it). and the ppl whining about loot and "this and that", you are atleast as greedy. buhuhuhu didnt get any loot i can sell for 1000p on housing QQ etc.

HOW about people that dont like the way things are done, make thier own raid and stop beeing such mindless whine-drones!? - seriously its not that hard to arrange, you can read up on steps and procedures on several places and ask questions on forums.
I myself have lead afew raids on US servers, but i really dont want to do it here.. all the whine and non-relevant chattering in the BG makes it hard to tell the BG what to do (your all thinking listen mode then but thats not that great either)

on another note.. how come alot of people dont know jack-**** about the ml steps? most of the people attending have been playing longer than 2days. is it that they always AFK or Semi-AFK raid? or is it just that they are so behind in the evolution they dont understand simple things?

oo yet another bait post etc, sure if you like it to be that. im just trying to express my thoughts on the mid realm for the moment beeing

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...

Pohjan Poika said:
He said several times that ppl that dont like the rules may leave now
Well, when someone plans to go to a raid, they effectivly use up a large chunk of their valuable spare time. That means, its not as easy as to just leave a raid after you've joined it.

Pohjan Poika said:
...and the ppl whining about loot and "this and that", you are atleast as greedy
A person conserned with atleast most of the good loot from a raid beeing distributed to the attendees is NOT AS greedy as a Raidleader hogging ALL the loot for himself. Not in my book anyway!:)

Pohjan Poika said:
HOW about people that dont like the way things are done, make thier own raid
Hmm...50% of the posters in this thread so far, are active raidleaders themselves!:eek7:

The big point here is that it is disruptive to the realm as a whole if one person hogs all the drops in a realm. If ALL raidleaders start making this a standard, we just wount have any realm feeling left. And we desperatly need to make our newbies feel that there are some way for them to be able to get drops that are to hard for them to get for themselves. Thats where lotto with equal rules comes in.

/Charmangle

mercury

Fledgling Freddie
Leaders

Disclaimer : opinions expressed herein are the author's own (or stolen from somebody else) and, like Bush's policies on Iraq, are, in spite of appearances, meant to be taken entirely seriously.

Important : Please insert imo before every paragraph, especially if your are not completely at home with English.

1. A Raid Leader cannotmake a raid and do 'what he likes'. He or she must, for instance, stay within the CoC. Running off with all the loot is outside this - probably.
You can fool some of the people all of the time etc.

2. If the Rules decided on are clearly stated, within normal expectations, stuck to, and fair to rest of the BG, whining is reduced to the absurd and can be dismissed or ignored.
Whining is like bindweed - don't let it get out of hand or it'll choke you.​

3. It's a common misconception that it's a leader's raid. Kingex makes the point : it's an agreed task held in common by those taking part. All you have to do is ask a poor leader to sod off and there'll be somebody to pick up the pieces.
If the toys fly outta the pram, grab em and play.​

4. Maybe some people think a BG leader should be a dictator, making absurdly strict laws and banning people to the Gulag when they don't bend the knee. Only use the iron fist when you have to, otherwise make it a velvet glove - that way you earn more of the trust and respect that are far more valuable than mere items. How many would join a BG if H*n*i or G***li or their alts were running it? There are several guys in DAoC that I'd love to meet irl, and some I would not go anywhere near. Most of this stems from how I see them behave in their play, and their attitude towards me. There must be others who think this way?
'It's only a Game' - Yeah, right. That's how people get hurt.

5. Dealing badly with loot is a big mistake - I doubt if this guy will ever try leading a BG again, and if he did, it would prolly be guild only. Look how many other leaders would now have him in their BGs, and look what a storm of comment his apparently outrageous behaviour caused.
You may be a greedy bastid, but nearly everybody else is worse.

6. Trap : thinking people don't take their fun seriously. They do, and get very upset when some arse rides over it roughshod.
Comedians and clowns earn a living as well.

I leave you with one last thought : as long as you can smile the next day, it wasn't the crisis you thought it was. IMO, ofc

nn guys.

....................... and completing the Home Run, the Babe slips quietly back into the dug-out...

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I was in the raid with my SB, I got all what I wanted 174% mlexp, and thus my sb is now ml9. However I agree to the points by other posters above, I am still pleased in the overall success of the raids - albeit there were some confusions on the way during the raid. I wasn't in the raid to the end however - I left before ml9 started.

Its not so easy to host ml raids, and kudos to him, that he hosted those raids in so short notice. Got no use for the loot, part of the trophies. Atleast what it comes to these two mls.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
moaning about loot, bcos you had something preclaimed and you didnt get it in the end as a raid co-leader is so 2003, so get over it, and find some other person to abuse, especially find someone else that is not greek like yourself and roxboy and doesnt know initial plan of yours, ty !

also, "random toon +guild + relatives + alts" BANNZORD from all my raids is also so last year, especially when you enforce your opinion to other people and make them ban/remove the people you dislike from their raids as well

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, mls are for steps. if you want the loot, make a farm raid/grp for it yourself. makes everything so much easier for all, especially for sedde who stepped in and helped even though the raid was already canceled.. you should thank him instead of qqing about not getting some loot ffs

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Pohjan Poika said:
todays raid was abit messed up, that i can give everyone.

he said several times that ppl that dont like the rules may leave now, maybe afew left or so, but consider this: 100ppl was in the bg at the end (in my mind they didnt care or were okay with the rules) - i for one didnt really care.. i only came to help and get the missing steps.

dont get me wrong im not defending roxboy (and the rest of the leaders).
altho i want to place some blame on the attending ppl tho, its not always one persons fault..

and as usual the past months on mid there has been SUCH whine and complaning over the raids that are beeing arranged (loot, steps & all other things that a ml raid has in it). and the ppl whining about loot and "this and that", you are atleast as greedy. buhuhuhu didnt get any loot i can sell for 1000p on housing QQ etc.

HOW about people that dont like the way things are done, make thier own raid and stop beeing such mindless whine-drones!? - seriously its not that hard to arrange, you can read up on steps and procedures on several places and ask questions on forums.
I myself have lead afew raids on US servers, but i really dont want to do it here.. all the whine and non-relevant chattering in the BG makes it hard to tell the BG what to do (your all thinking listen mode then but thats not that great either)

on another note.. how come alot of people dont know jack-**** about the ml steps? most of the people attending have been playing longer than 2days. is it that they always AFK or Semi-AFK raid? or is it just that they are so behind in the evolution they dont understand simple things?

oo yet another bait post etc, sure if you like it to be that. im just trying to express my thoughts on the mid realm for the moment beeing

amen !

ps : on the sidenote, 75% of this thread is with me so far, so dont continue posting buhuhu posts (i am not referring to you pohjan, i am not making a 2nd post coz some mod might delete it etc )

Iwan

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
tbh, mls are for steps. if you want the loot, make a farm raid/grp for it yourself. makes everything so much easier for all, especially for sedde who stepped in and helped even though the raid was already canceled.. you should thank him instead of qqing about not getting some loot ffs

Oooh plz, the ppl posting about this is the ppl hosting raids... I would guess they have plenty of loot and no problem getting it aswell.
But there are those who aint got 5 ml10 summ sm in guild and can farm all loot they want and those ppl could need some tbh.

Only idiot raid leaders take all the loot for themself.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Iwan said:

for the love of god, i didnt take any loot for me. Jesus !

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Iwan said:
Oooh plz, the ppl posting about this is the ppl hosting raids... I would guess they have plenty of loot and no problem getting it aswell.
But there are those who aint got 5 ml10 summ sm in guild and can farm all loot they want and those ppl could need some tbh.

i dont either, but honestly, i dont care! if you really need loot badly, you can allways farm money and buy it if you cant farm the drops tbh, all chars can farm. some faster, some slower. and if you dont have someone to help farm.. arrange a farm grp/raid, like i said? how hard can it be?

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, atm u cant proove u did or u didnt, and maybe u did gave all the loot away, im not trowing accusations like others blondly do. Think its just the way all happened the ppl are upset about, and on another sidenote,

Unless ure a greedy bastard that only want the loot, drop this, its only whine whine whine, if ya didnt liked it what he did, ignore him , ban him whatever make ya happy, btu we have enough bs already on this forum not to keep discussing over something like this.

Pilskaft

Fledgling Freddie
Dont care!

About the loot but its fecked upp to change the rules that are sett befor the the raid.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Can't say im not surprised about roxboy.

two times i;ve met him his been a total dick. First time he make a ml5-6-7 pre step raid. We do ml5, and then he says o btw i wont be doing ml-6-7 pre steps now so he logs of. I heard that he had alrdy done ml6-7 pre's and just made the post to get people in for the ml5 grp expecting that they would get ml6-7 pre's done also.

Second time i met him he starts having a bad bad bad attitude problem after i asked him where he got his cloak from. I was like wtf, im only asking you where you got your cloak from and he was getting all nasty.

Again i wouldn't be surprised as generally it seems his not a very nice person, don't even remember him saying sorry about not carrying on with the pre step raid.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I really cba to reply to most of your random diarrhoea Sedde but a couple of things stuck out...

vBulletin Message said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Golena again.
yet again I get this message... happens a lot on Golena's posts ;)

sedde said:
Dont make me be a nazi and tell things i dont want to, i was there only for the encs, no more. Less whining, less pve , more rvr , kkthnxbye.
dictionary.com said:
Nazi: Sometimes Offensive. (often lowercase) a person who is fanatically dedicated to or seeks to control a specified activity, practice, etc.:
As much as I hate to see uneducated idiots using words they dont understand it seems from your behaviour on the raid this was VERY much like you tbh.

What planet are you living on ? One with no respect or decency at all where everyone talks out of various orifices OTHER than their mouth?

Get over yourself.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
brad said:
Can't say im not surprised about roxboy.

two times i;ve met him his been a total dick. First time he make a ml5-6-7 pre step raid. We do ml5, and then he says o btw i wont be doing ml-6-7 pre steps now so he logs of. I heard that he had alrdy done ml6-7 pre's and just made the post to get people in for the ml5 grp expecting that they would get ml6-7 pre's done also.

Second time i met him he starts having a bad bad bad attitude problem after i asked him where he got his cloak from. I was like wtf, im only asking you where you got your cloak from and he was getting all nasty.

Again i wouldn't be surprised as generally it seems his not a very nice person, don't even remember him saying sorry about not carrying on with the pre step raid.

haha, i didnt have ml6 + 7 back then, so you know , you could see the next-day raid, but i guess you havent even bothered. And about the question, you was like, Where did you get that cloak from ? So i was like " Does it matter ? "

Nothing dickie on that tbh.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Bluesky said:
I really cba to reply to most of your random diarrhoea Sedde but a couple of things stuck out...

yet again I get this message... happens a lot on Golena's posts ;)

As much as I hate to see uneducated idiots using words they dont understand it seems from your behaviour on the raid this was VERY much like you tbh.

What planet are you living on ? One with no respect or decency at all where everyone talks out of various orifices OTHER than their mouth?

Get over yourself.

as a matter of fact, its not my native language, i really cba to explain every fucking word i do post, so you better learn some greek, come talk to me and then i can judge you as you do now.

Oh, btw indeed i am uneducated, since i never got past the elementary school, so you educated people can flame me.

We started from whining about loot, then we move onto language using, i bet we will drag it to world-wars now.

Funny indeed !

Aberrathien

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
as a matter of fact, its not my native language, i really cba to explain every fucking word i do post, so you better learn some greek, come talk to me and then i can judge you as you do now.

Oh, btw indeed i am uneducated, since i never got past the elementary school, so you educated people can flame me.

We started from whining about loot, then we move onto language using, i bet we will drag it to world-wars now.

Funny indeed !

Well u would think that he had gotten the idea NOT to flame everyone on the boards by now, but well, ppl can prove u wrong eh... As to the ongoing debate (read flaming) i wont add anything just give sedde a little hint on just shutting up bfor he ruins whatever good rep he has left.
Sedde: Calm down m8, take a chill pill and ignore the things u dont like. U will only add to the negative aura around u that u allready got out of this. If u throw more poo around ull only get more on your own hands.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Aberrathien said:
Well u would think that he had gotten the idea NOT to flame everyone on the boards by now, but well, ppl can prove u wrong eh... As to the ongoing debate (read flaming) i wont add anything just give sedde a little hint on just shutting up bfor he ruins whatever good rep he has left.
Sedde: Calm down m8, take a chill pill and ignore the things u dont like. U will only add to the negative aura around u that u allready got out of this. If u throw more poo around ull only get more on your own hands.

true, i wont post no more, i am already getting tired of this.

You as well mate, will get whine for stepping up and be on my side.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
I dont have to talk greek. This is an english server and an english forum and you seem to have a very good grasp of it including swearing.

You get judged on how you act and behave... its THAT simple. Feel free to judge me all you like btw as apparentlly most people don't have any major issues with me after running over 450 public raids. I wasn't aware of your presence on the server until you did this raid and all I see is negative feedback. Call that judgement if you wish.

sedde said:
I think you will find most people are judging you on your behaviour.

sedde said:
You brought up the word "Nazi" and so again I will ask "what planet are you living on?" lol

sedde said:
Funny indeed !
Personally I dont see anything amusing but if you do then np.

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
Bluesky said:
I dont have to talk greek. This is an english server and an english forum and you seem to have a very good grasp of it including swearing. .

I heard that last time from germans when we moved onto avalon and they kept on kicking us from bg because we did talk english.

Bluesky said:
You get judged on how you act and behave... its THAT simple. Feel free to judge me all you like btw as apparentlly most people don't have any major issues with me after running over 450 public raids. I wasn't aware of your presence on the server until you did this raid and all I see is negative feedback. Call that judgement if you wish. .

That is called low-profile when you have all the raids you want, and items etc.

Bluesky said:
You brought up the word "Nazi" and so again I will ask "what planet are you living on?" lol

Mars.

Bluesky said:
Personally I dont see anything amusing but if you do then np.

Most of the times, i am a funny guy and i am laughing so much irl when peeps spent all their time trolling on forums flaming randoms.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
sedde said:
That is called low-profile when you have all the raids you want, and items etc.
I don't, so you making ill informed presumptions is wrong. I CHOOSE how I play the game and after doing a LOT of PvE I now spend the vast majority of my time in RvR but that doesn't mean I have all the items i need or desire.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
A few reactions:

Response to reply #7
mercury said:
1. A Raid Leader cannotmake a raid and do 'what he likes'. He or she must, for instance, stay within the CoC. Running off with all the loot is outside this - probably.
Ofcourse anyone should stay within the CoC. Not only raid participants but also the leaders. I thought this was a given and need not be mentioned. However running off with all the loot.. doubt there's actually anything mentioned within the CoC that made this "illegal".
mercury said:
2. If the Rules decided on are clearly stated, within normal expectations, stuck to, and fair to rest of the BG, whining is reduced to the absurd and can be dismissed or ignored.
You'll always get whining. People appear to be very creative in finding something to whine about, and I doubt there's anything anyone can do to prevent that. Ofcourse you can minimize it, but you'll always get the "omg that tard stood on my toe. You suxxor for not preventing!! I demand reprimands!!"
mercury said:
3. It's a common misconception that it's a leader's raid. Kingex makes the point : it's an agreed task held in common by those taking part. All you have to do is ask a poor leader to sod off and there'll be somebody to pick up the pieces.
It is a leader's raid. The raidleader (and his assistants) have to put up with a lot more crap than any of the regular participants do. They also put in a lot more time on forehand, and after.
mercury said:
4. Maybe some people think a BG leader should be a dictator, making absurdly strict laws and banning people to the Gulag when they don't bend the knee. Only use the iron fist when you have to, otherwise make it a velvet glove - that way you earn more of the trust and respect that are far more valuable than mere items. How many would join a BG if H*n*i or G***li or their alts were running it? There are several guys in DAoC that I'd love to meet irl, and some I would not go anywhere near. Most of this stems from how I see them behave in their play, and their attitude towards me. There must be others who think this way?
If I lead something I've got some very strict rules. Cross them and you're kicked instantly. But those rules are only for situations where one person can ruin it for all, or make everyone wait by prematurely activating a trial, Attacking something that could backfire and wipe the raid, or such things, mostly due to not listening. For the rest I'd like to think I'm fairly easy going.
mercury said:
5. Dealing badly with loot is a big mistake - I doubt if this guy will ever try leading a BG again, and if he did, it would prolly be guild only. Look how many other leaders would now have him in their BGs, and look what a storm of comment his apparently outrageous behaviour caused.
Don't underestimate the stupidity of some people...
mercury said:
6. Trap : thinking people don't take their fun seriously. They do, and get very upset when some arse rides over it roughshod.
Well, that's a logical consequence of killing off fun isn't it? Doubt anyone here thought otherwise.

Response to reply #9
toxii said:
moaning about loot, bcos you had something preclaimed and you didnt get it in the end as a raid co-leader is so 2003, so get over it, and find some other person to abuse, especially find someone else that is not greek like yourself and roxboy and doesnt know initial plan of yours, ty !
It's not about preclaimed loot, it's about hamstering up all the loot himself. If he wanted to hand it out randomly, leave out the /loot treasurer mememe
toxii said:
also, "random toon +guild + relatives + alts" BANNZORD from all my raids is also so last year, especially when you enforce your opinion to other people and make them ban/remove the people you dislike from their raids as well
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not enforcing anyone what they can or cannot do. What raidleaders want to do is all their own business. I just won't accept anyone acting like that to prevent the possibility of them ruining the raid I am running.
Ohw, one thing... that "is so last year", or "is soo 2003" etc, isn't cool anymore. It's just sad now.

Response to reply #10
HereComesThePain said:
wow lol now that was some funny shit posting here
Very constructive post! Keep it up!

Response to reply #11
Emmet said:
The loot is dropping anyway, and it takes no more effort to appoint someone to sort out the loot issues, if one doesn't have the patience. Beats keeping it for yourself or selectively "randomly" distributing it (while noone appears to receive anything)

Response to reply #12
sedde said:
ps : on the sidenote, 75% of this thread is with me so far, so dont continue posting buhuhu posts (i am not referring to you pohjan, i am not making a 2nd post coz some mod might delete it etc )
You have an odd way of counting percentages...

And about the last posts between blue and sedde... You're going too fast for me to keep up, so won't make replies to that apart from, yes, it is behaviour people are judging. The rest they won't know till you tell 'em. I bet blue didn't know you were uneducated, and the "I'm foreign" card is getting old. I'm dutch. Who cares.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Free will...
Don't judge or whine about something you haven't been part of it...
If you promise something, better to keep your word or you will loose all the respect you could have (IMO)...

Get over this: didn't like the way sebbe act on ML9, well banish him from everything and outcast him at will. If you think he is an idot, ignore him then.

Personal insults and flamming over a forum never lead the world to a better place.

Just a last word, thx again to Mercury to have taken over the ML10. It's always very refreshing to met people with that much patience and generosity. :fluffle:

Cynism valk ML10 lvl 48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom