Film Ex Machina

leggy

Probably Scottish
I was bitterly disappointed to miss this during its cinematic release but I finally got a chance to watch it last night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0470752/

If you have even a fleeting interest in Sci-Fi or AI, I urge you to give it a watch. Absolutely sublime and a nice departure from the recent surge of shit filling our cinemas.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah watched it too. Great film.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Really spooky and compelling...watched every second...needs sequel...with shagging.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spoilers please Job. Now I know that the possibility of shagging is a non-starter.

In fact, I think I'm just going to avoid all film and tv threads from now on. They're fucking minefields for someone who hates to know *anything* - other than if freddies recommend it or not :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Spoilers please Job. Now I know that the possibility of shagging is a non-starter.

In fact, I think I'm just going to avoid all film and tv threads from now on. They're fucking minefields for someone who hates to know *anything* - other than if freddies recommend it or not :(
Everyone dies.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I loved it, and watched again straight after

They had the bit in the trailer where he cuts himself, and everyone went 'oh ffs you've given the plot away, he's obviously an android too', but I loved the twist at the end.

Also how beautiful was the actress who plays Ava, I don't mean it in my normal purvey way either, I genuinely thought she was stunning, and they way she played the role of an android too, the little head tilts whilst trying to calculate what's going on around her

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Don't want to be that guy, but don't we have a thread for this already? I cba to find it mind.

Film was brilliant though.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Watching Tomorrowland...so far seems to be the goonies revisited.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

That's what i do. I don't even watch the trailers as I find they spoil too much of the film.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Don't want to be that guy, but don't we have a thread for this already? I cba to find it mind.

Film was brilliant though.
I searched first - Probably Google style -and decided that no result in the first hit means that it doesn't exist anywhere in the internets.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Eventually.
Glad I avoided this thread until I'd watched the film :eek:

That's what i do. I don't even watch the trailers as I find they spoil too much of the film.
I'm with you. You just can't trust people. Some think tongue in cheek humour makes it ok - but it isn't. Not ragging on Zarjazz, I just now realise that if I've any intention of watching a film I've an interest in then I just have to cut certain things out - and that includes reading some bits of FH :(

Ah well. Rant over.

Liked it a lot. :)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Glad I avoided this thread until I'd watched the film :eek:

That was meant as a joke (everyone always dies ... eventually) rather than a spoiler hence the actual spoiler section in the same post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom