ewwwwwww

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ewwwwwww (pics working now)

well the wrappings came off last night, after yelling "WADDAFUK!!!!" going green and prodding it i did the only sensible thing.....

got me camera out!!

so heres a couple of pics of my poor hand with a flippin gross fish hookish wire sticking out, also my 1st ever stitch (w00t!! grats!!) bf accedentally got my boob in the shot so will have to edit that but the rests genuine!!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
did you host the image or just copy and paste it?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
muwahaha i was trying to do something i didnt do b4 but went back 2 good ole attatchments lol

Outlander

Part of the furniture
well I supose the best thing about all this is the hook I mean thats 1 more step closer to being a pirate and thats always a good thing.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Thats freaky. :eek6:

A friend of my mothers had to have some pin put into his leg last year, recently some screw apparently came out, and was poking out under the skin about 10-15mm, made me want to puke, he got it sorted after being on the waiting list AGAIN for another 5 months or so. :(

Talsar

Albion Legend
Awww hun that looks to have been a sore one! i hope you are getting better :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
less editing tbh :D

hehe looks kinda cool, what if the hook gets caught on something? how long left till ur a full human again? :D

Cozak

Part of the furniture
When do they take the pins out? They didnt take my bandage off till like 1hour before they yanked the pins out. You get some funny old looks when you got 2 metal hooks sticking out your hand huh? :D

3 weeks later btw:

:)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

nasty ;<

out of curiosity how come they stitched you up and left the hook in!?
<shudder> hate needles and things that stab like that:< and bee's wasps......
eughh!!! :( :(

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Mikah75 said:
nasty ;<

out of curiosity how come they stitched you up and left the hook in!?
<shudder> hate needles and things that stab like that:< and bee's wasps......
eughh!!! :( :(

The hook is in the bone to make sure it heals in the correct position :) Surgically implanted.

edit: its more of a bar really thats 2-3inches long and runs down the bone, the hook is just there so that they can be pulled up without having to open up the hand again.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

urghhhhhh :eek2: :(
no more....
couldnt live with something like that:(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Mikah75 said:
urghhhhhh :eek2: :(
:(

LOL thats just what i said when the doc explained it to me, had the cast off fully on wednesday just got a bandage on hand now and the hook started poking out so had to cover it with plasters etc lol, they made me a little plastic cradle to cover wrist when i go to bed or out so it doesnt get banged which makes me feel better, i get the wire out in 2 weeks and have physio next week as i cant use some of my fingers but i do have my thumb, index and middle finger back so typing isnt such a pain and i can butter toast etc now yay!!

asked if i would be able to keep wire when they take it out but the nurse said she didnt think so, i may have to steal it, i wanna frame this sucker!

P.S cozak looking good hunny hope its feeling better now and not feeling so puny hehehe if we ever have a FH meet up i'll have an arm wrestle with ya :D

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
hmm what happend anyway? I mean what is the reason for those hooks and stiches? Oo

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
asked if i would be able to keep wire when they take it out but the nurse said she didnt think so, i may have to steal it, i wanna frame this sucker!

P.S cozak looking good hunny hope its feeling better now and not feeling so puny hehehe if we ever have a FH meet up i'll have an arm wrestle with ya :D

haha :D i asked the exact same thing, but they had to put it in this big yellow bin with sharp stuffs written on because it had my blood on or something. They gave me some clean ones though. You can eat corn on the cob and such with them. Your on for the arm wrestle as well :p

edit: my mam just got back from dublin got me a guiness bottle stress reliever thing its great for building up hand strength again ez, you should get one :)

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

:< thats fucking rough..
eugh, hook coming out of me for that long:(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Cozak said:
haha :D i asked the exact same thing, but they had to put it in this big yellow bin with sharp stuffs written on because it had my blood on or something. They gave me some clean ones though. You can eat corn on the cob and such with them. Your on for the arm wrestle as well :p

edit: my mam just got back from dublin got me a guiness bottle stress reliever thing its great for building up hand strength again ez, you should get one :)

Real men use grippers! and no pussy 100lb ones eithar, they use THIS!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Heavy-Grips-H...181486220QQcategoryZ1521QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#

p.s. if you can actually close that you get a certificate as only 2 people in the world ever have closed them, there part of the iron man training thing and someone will come out to watch you and award you your iron man certificate!. there pretty hard, thats step 4, id recommend starting on step 1 since even that is harder than step 4 from alot of companys. (Step one is 100lb)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Morchaoron said:
hmm what happend anyway? I mean what is the reason for those hooks and stiches? Oo

lol was a bit silly, i was at my martial arts class and tried to do that thing where you punch the board and it snaps, except i hit the board which stayed in one piece and my hand snapped, would have been ok but i landed the punch wrong.

the doctor i saw said its actually called a karate break because thats how the majority of people with this injury have it, aparently if i'd broken the next bone along it would have been a boxers break, so there we go.

oh and dr told me not to do any martial arts for at least 3 months so thats next year when i can go back, tbh really bummed i loved that class :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Darksword said:

lol thats what those arse holes use to work out for their manly handshakes,

you know the ones, grin like a shark eye contact that would make an easter island carved head feel nausious and a handshake that says "I'm a real man, no one can accuse me of being a limp wrister, btw the number for a direct taxi to a&e service is on the back of my business card"

god bless the insecure.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
lol thats what those arse holes use to work out for their manly handshakes,

you know the ones, grin like a shark eye contact that would make an easter island carved head feel nausious and a handshake that says "I'm a real man, no one can accuse me of being a limp wrister, btw the number for a direct taxi to a&e service is on the back of my business card"

god bless the insecure.

rofl, no coz they always end up wroking the 20lb ones, real men go for 360 IRON MIND! grippers rawk, i dont use one coz i use a gripping pole and i dont really need to work my grip.

Users who are viewing this thread