Everquest Next officially cancelled

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by Syri, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Syri

Syri Part of the furniture

Hardly surprising after a lack of communication for so long from the devs, but they've announced today that they've pulled the plug on EQ Next. Landmark, long since spun off into its own game, is launching in spring, though it seems with a vastly reduced feature set from the original plans.

2. Cirventhor

Cirventhor Can't get enough of FH

I bet they'll shut down EQ and EQ2 in a couple of years and sell off the assets.

A sad end for such a huge franchise in MMO history...

3. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

Quite disappointed with this.

4. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

Hardly surprising considering what type of company that owns them. Long term profits are not what they are after or even know how to calculate...

I can say that based on the monumentally stupid decision they made here...

5. SilverHood

SilverHood Part of the furniture

Is anyone surprised? A grindy PvE based MMO has no place in today's MMO world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ctuchik

Because pure pvp MMO's are doing so great right? Oh wait no they are not... :)

7. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

All MMOs are doing badly.

8. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

You are joking right? - MMOs are doing superbly at the minute, problem is that the vast majority of them (Apart from one, infact) aren't Dark Age of Camelot - and especially with the like-minded people that I play with, we end up jumping on a MMO, finding out its grindy as fuck, or PvE based with shit PvP and leave.

9. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

A couple of thousand subscribers is not "doing superbly" it is barely covering server costs. Even the once mighty WoW is now doing so badly that they don't even release subscriber numbers any more.

10. Ctuchik

So what you're saying is that if all mmos were DAoC we'd be golden forever? :)

11. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Yes, abso-fucking-lutely. ;)