Everquest Next and Everquest Next Landmark

Athan

Resident Freddy
I signed up to one of these..

In a nutshell, what's the difference between them both and what one is worth looking at?

EQN will be the slightly more traditional MMO. The hype is that it will have much better AI than anything so far such that you won't be doing "kill 10 rats", but instead actually affecting the world. And by this I mean more so than Guild Wars 2's back and forth storylines. In theory in EQN, if they pull it off, attacking an Orc camp will eventually cause them to up sticks and move to go bother people elsewhere, for instance.

I think whatever ETA we had for EQN alpha/beta has gone out of the window, so no idea when we'll get to play it.

EQNL is kind of a Minecraft on steroids. Currently there are no mobs and all the resources are within 100m of the surface, but eventually it will have mobs and combat and you'll have to delve deep through layers of ecosystem in order to get the best resources

EQNL is now in closed alpha, you need to pony up money for either the Explorer or Trailblazer pack to get access. At some point (allegedly in March) it will go closed beta.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Loving it so far, not playing it often as I don't want to burn out before it even goes live. Submitting bugs as I find them though and enjoying the overall experience, its certainly a massive step up from Minecraft.

Syri

FH is my second home
I decided to go for the explorer pack, seeing as I'm a bit disappointed with ESO. Already feel I'm enjoying it more, and all I've done is dig some holes, claim some land and build a gate... I'm surprised how solid it seems for an alpha as well, though it's not without its bugs and problems.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I decided to go for the explorer pack, seeing as I'm a bit disappointed with ESO. Already feel I'm enjoying it more, and all I've done is dig some holes, claim some land and build a gate... I'm surprised how solid it seems for an alpha as well, though it's not without its bugs and problems.

Aye for an Alpha its very polished when compared to some full release games. Really can't wait for it to go live :) seen some really impressive things made by people so far as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom