Everquest Next and Everquest Next Landmark

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So was talking to Mabs about this and we've agreed that rolling on USA servers is prob the best option, rather be closer to the devs than with some third party host in the EU.

Anyone else going to try EQN and if so are you going to try USA also? could prob get a guild going if we have enough from freddys.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
mmmmm...nyes

as per convo tho, as you are clearly a bit spesh and forgot;

afaik, currently:
SOE will run ALL the servers, EU and US
Pro.Sieben will ONLY be running the account/billing/support(?) for EU

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Still, sony could turn around X down the line and go "Ok, Prosieben will be running EU servers from now on" in which case USA servers from the start.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, i wouldn't say that SOE is any more dependable here. Last few days there's been some fucking insane problems with the EQ2 servers (both EU and US). I've had one of my toons XP progression rolled back twice, we're also been plagued with 10 - 20 minutes of zoning time, characters disappearing from the char select screen (with a few reporting temporarily losing up to 16 toons), servers being listed as down when they really aren't , servers that can't find the character you want to play even though they exist on the char select screen and all kinds of stupid stuff.

So, yeah... :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, i wouldn't say that SOE is any more dependable here. Last few days there's been some fucking insane problems with the EQ2 servers (both EU and US). I've had one of my toons XP progression rolled back twice, we're also been plagued with 10 - 20 minutes of zoning time, characters disappearing from the char select screen (with a few reporting temporarily losing up to 16 toons), servers being listed as down when they really aren't , servers that can't find the character you want to play even though they exist on the char select screen and all kinds of stupid stuff.

So, yeah... :)

Problems only started since the Tears of Veeshan beta went live, people are crying that its not the Beta tho.. even tho the evidence is there.

Poag

m00?
SOE have done another amazing thing recently......

VS won the WDS this week score wise......SOE PR rolls out TR as winners.......

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Problems only started since the Tears of Veeshan beta went live, people are crying that its not the Beta tho.. even tho the evidence is there.

I don't really give a crap what the cause is. It doesn't make it any less bad just because it's tied to the beta, and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Mabs

I don't really give a crap what the cause is. It doesn't make it any less bad just because it's tied to the beta, and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

or do what most of us did and went

"servers playing up?"
"yup"
"fuck it, come back on monday, they wont fix it over the weekend"

works wonders using logic, instead of raging at it :x

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
or do what most of us did and went

"servers playing up?"
"yup"
"fuck it, come back on monday, they wont fix it over the weekend"

works wonders using logic, instead of raging at it :x

If we didn't rage about it SOE wouldn't lift a fucking finger and would just wait for the beta to end so it would fix itself.

Mabs

you were expecting the weekend launch of the beta patch to somehow cause no problems ?

welcome to the internet, pull up a chair :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
you were expecting the weekend launch of the beta patch to somehow cause no problems ?

welcome to the internet, pull up a chair :p

I didn't even know there WAS a beta event until Sunday morning when i finally figured out there was a general chat channel that SOE for some reason didn't automatically put me in. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I'm not playing enough to bother keeping track of it. The game has such massive content gaps 85+ i can't stand playing the damn thing for more then a week or two a year.

I hate to admit it but SOE is kneejerk reacting worse then Mythic did with DAoC's class balancing in it's haydays. First there were to much solo content and to little group content so people complained, then SOE turned it around and made it the other fucking way around instead and made to little solo content. :)

Tilda

So Everquest Next had a beta weekend?
Can anybody get in? Is it any good?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Beta weekend? sure it wasn't Landmark that had a beta weekend?

Athan

Resident Freddy
I think the beta they've been wibbling about above was for some Everquest 2 expansion, so completely off-topic for this thread....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye there is a beta currently going for Tears of Veeshan (new EQ2 expansion) doubt there will be one for EQ Next going yet tho, it won't be anywhere near a beta stage I wouldn't have thought.

Tilda

Did anybody buy the Landmark early access beta?

Mabs

ill be getting guaranteed beta at some point
as even the "launch" is going to be mostly "minecraft 3d" im not in a rush for alpha/early beta tbh

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
THANKS FOR PURCHASING AN EVERQUEST NEXT LANDMARK FOUNDER'S PACK!
Everquest Next Landmark Trailblazer Pack GBP 74.99

Christmas present off the wife ;D

Tilda

I am so tempted. it looks brilliant I think. How many people have gone for alpha/beta?

My worry would be I'd start building something awesome, and then run out of materials and have to go gather more, which would be annoying/suck.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I am so tempted. it looks brilliant I think. How many people have gone for alpha/beta?

My worry would be I'd start building something awesome, and then run out of materials and have to go gather more, which would be annoying/suck.

aye but your lot/house area is personal only so no one can nick or alter anything within it unless you give them permission to do so.. people can obviously still look around your work (I think) you will also be able to sell your work on the Everquest store if its good enough (people an import it to Everquest Next when it goes live I believe)

Last edited:

Mabs

read something in a pcg article about your entire "altered entity" being selectable, including knowing which bits you deleted behind it, so it be picked up, to move, and have the ground go back, or conversly can be put into a different hillside and automatically dig its own hole as it were.
also they said as its an all-in-1 thing, if you do make a massive willy out of stone, CSR can toggle it visible or not which is mint :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just got an e-mail basically going

"You have been invited to play Everquest Next Landmark"

not a fishing mail and it says the release is 31st of January, me = fapping right now, brb kleenex!

Mabs

Just got an e-mail basically going

"You have been invited to play Everquest Next Landmark"

not a fishing mail and it says the release is 31st of January, me = fapping right now, brb kleenex!

they clearly need to test their fool-proof controls on someone who is mentally handicapped :D

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
So the EverQuest Landmark alpha went live this weekend.

Not had much time to play yet, but so far it's tons of fun terraforming and building towers etc. Will be interesting to see where this'll end up.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I signed up to one of these..

In a nutshell, what's the difference between them both and what one is worth looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom