Eve Online?

Gamah

Banned
Oh Isee ure a fag, nm then...

Anyone really play EvE?

Nate

FH is my second home
i do, but not really ex daoc ;p Adola Yola only recently got started but it's pretty good fun :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Played a couple of months ago on the free 14 trial. Must say, I did enjoy it

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Marc said:
Played a couple of months ago on the free 14 trial. Must say, I did enjoy it

same here, considering to return and try to upgrade into a stealther!

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I played for 6 odd months and really enjoyed it. the missus didn't though :twak:

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I've tried it a few times, and I sadly cant get into it :/ although I would really love to.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
megadave said:
what's it like?

its great if u can get in a corp with near unlimited resourses and 0.0 access, but its hell if u piss off said corps.... many of em have absolutly no problems to spend billions of ISK just to keep u from playing. the one i was in had 20 ppl constantly quiering our enemies possitions from ingame NPC agents just to send a team over there to kill them, be it in empire space (the so called safe space) or anywhere else.

suffice to say theres almost never a "middle ground" to walk, ur either with someone or they will do their best to kill u.

but either way u go, be prepared to loose many months of hard work in lost ships... just pray u have a corp that can back u up when that happends :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Played it long time ago(last xmas i think), enjoyed it, quit.

Don't think i'll be going back as it lacks the "social" part of the game.

Can't really /dance with ships :D

Gamah

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
Played it long time ago(last xmas i think), enjoyed it, quit.

Don't think i'll be going back as it lacks the "social" part of the game.

Can't really /dance with ships :D

Lacks a social part :p? The entire game is player driven. Read the forums the organision section nd it will make you want to play. http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=444223 this post is an example! Wars actually mean something, if an alliance looses a war it dies..not respawns at a bind stone with no ill effects of a war :p

Epic battles, stations won and lost, Terrortritys (sp?) In a state of comabt and constantly changing control.

Gamah

Banned
Ctuchik said:
its great if u can get in a corp with near unlimited resourses and 0.0 access, but its hell if u piss off said corps.... many of em have absolutly no problems to spend billions of ISK just to keep u from playing. the one i was in had 20 ppl constantly quiering our enemies possitions from ingame NPC agents just to send a team over there to kill them, be it in empire space (the so called safe space) or anywhere else.

suffice to say theres almost never a "middle ground" to walk, ur either with someone or they will do their best to kill u.

but either way u go, be prepared to loose many months of hard work in lost ships... just pray u have a corp that can back u up when that happends :)

You must of really pissed some people off :) it's easy to geta good corp who wll provide isk etc :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Gamah said:
Lacks a social part :p? The entire game is player driven. Read the forums the organision section nd it will make you want to play. http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=444223 this post is an example! Wars actually mean something, if an alliance looses a war it dies..not respawns at a bind stone with no ill effects of a war :p

Epic battles, stations won and lost, Terrortritys (sp?) In a state of comabt and constantly changing control.

I know what the game is and how it works :p

I meant social as in person to person interaction, roleplaying elements and such.

It kinda lacks in that when you're sitting inside a ship and all the roleplay happens via chat. You can manage, but it just doesn't have that social feel.

Gamah

Banned
old.Tohtori said:
I know what the game is and how it works :p

I meant social as in person to person interaction, roleplaying elements and such.

It kinda lacks in that when you're sitting inside a ship and all the roleplay happens via chat. You can manage, but it just doesn't have that social feel.

I wasn't trying to school you on the game, It was a semi answer to the question "what's it like" made by someone else..

Each to there own I find the roleplay a lot more immersive in EvE :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried to get into this game many times and each time just drift away, it's just not much fun and games need to be fun. If you enjoy the farming aspect of mmorpg's and the false sense of achievment they give when you get a new item/ship/horse/boat whatever then this is perfect for you.

If you play games to get away from work and to have fun then this game is not for you.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Case said:
I've tried to get into this game many times and each time just drift away, it's just not much fun and games need to be fun. If you enjoy the farming aspect of mmorpg's and the false sense of achievment they give when you get a new item/ship/horse/boat whatever then this is perfect for you.

If you play games to get away from work and to have fun then this game is not for you.

Quoted For Truth. You took the words right from my mind.

Don't get me wrong I am totally impressed by this game it's awesome... but it is not for me.

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
if theres a free trial of some sort can somone post the link? i shouldnt think il start an account cos im strapped for cash what with it being christmas, but it seems like itd be fun to try

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
im DLing the client atm. Tried creating an account but it asked for payment by Credit, Debit, PayByCash, or Timecode :p whats a Timecode?

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
my ship got blown up :p someone said me money so i can get a better one \o>

charname is NikonL btw if you wanna send a pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom