EVE - I was there

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
What few graphics Eve has are undeniably beautiful, and CCP make some of the best trailers.

You can do the "but"s yourself.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
What few graphics Eve has are undeniably beautiful, and CCP make some of the best trailers.

You can do the "but"s yourself.

CCP does absolutely gorgeous trailers, but they are so far away from the real game it's borderline false advertising...

Aada

Part of the furniture
CCP does absolutely gorgeous trailers, but they are so far away from the real game it's borderline false advertising...

Aye they make it sound great but the fact is as far as im concerned you will never be on the same level as those that started when the game released and tbh it's just unfair.

I hate their xp system always have.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
You don't need tons of SP to have fun in eve online pvping, and if you are really that bothered it is easy to legally buy pilots and ccp guarantee the transfers security

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Up to a certain point sure.

In blob versus blob warfare it doesn't show that much if you have 3 million SP's or 30 million, but it does if you are soloing or in small gangs where every SP counts unless you are a ewar bot.

And playing ewar isn't my idea of fun. :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Aye they make it sound great but the fact is as far as im concerned you will never be on the same level as those that started when the game released and tbh it's just unfair.

The biggest myth about EvE.

Marc

FH is my second home
Except eve has never been and never will be a solo game so it makes your point rather moot.

EVE is all about adapting

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Doesn't matter how the game is or is not meant to be played.

A lot of people solo in EvE, so my point is perfectly valid.

But ok then, a blob of vets only loose to a blob of newbies for 2 reasons.

1. They were not paying attention.

2. They didn't really care..

Happy?

Marc

FH is my second home
Doesn't matter how the game is or is not meant to be played.

A lot of people solo in EvE, so my point is perfectly valid.

But ok then, a blob of vets only loose to a blob of newbies for 2 reasons.

1. They were not paying attention.

2. They didn't really care..

Happy?

or they were outsmarted. Dude, this isnt daoc where all you have to do is bang your head against the keyboard and you have a good chance of victory.

A PL fleet of 50 tengus + Logis wiped out a 500 man BS fleet + Logis. Why? Because they had more skill points? No, because they adapted and came up with new tactics.

More skill points is always an advantage, but the be all and end all? Only noobs think that

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ok that didn't come out the way i meant it, sorry about that.

I was thinking about it from an equal numbers point of view.

And i also were not using the term "vets" purely by how many skillpoints they have, i mean people that actually know their shit as anyone can sit in a station playing the market while training.

So yes you are right, numbers isn't everything.

Game experience is, and with that (naturally) comes skillpoints.

And that Tengu fleet were probably not piloted by newbies, right? :)

I'm not saying newbies have 0 chance to win against vets, but they need to be really lucky, or have a truly amazing FC with them.

Again, sorry for my previous posts, i kinda put things together in my head first and then forget to write some of it down... >.<

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well.

Yeah if you really want to hardball it, it is.

But is anyone playing EvE without training skillpoints, and why the hell would you?

Alt's could i suppose but lets count mains for now...

Oh and in case i got misunderstood again, i didn't mean XP like in DAoC where you grind it to level up.. :)

I meant playing experience...

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I thought the joy of Eve was that you can only 'trick' out a ship to a given extent? If you focused on a role (tackler / eWar) then after a relatively short period of time you'll be as effective as someone who's been playing for years. This gives 'newbs' a purpose in a small man.

In cap fights then you're unlikely to find many newbs (skill points / ISK involved / etc) but SP's are pretty irrelevant when you've got 50+ people nailing your primary arse to the wall.

Experience is a different matter but like everything else you wont get it if you don't try: Some people may have been playing for years but that's no guarantee that they've actually learnt anything along the way.

Marc

FH is my second home
Ok that didn't come out the way i meant it, sorry about that.

I was thinking about it from an equal numbers point of view.

And i also were not using the term "vets" purely by how many skillpoints they have, i mean people that actually know their shit as anyone can sit in a station playing the market while training.

So yes you are right, numbers isn't everything.

Game experience is, and with that (naturally) comes skillpoints.

And that Tengu fleet were probably not piloted by newbies, right? :)

I'm not saying newbies have 0 chance to win against vets, but they need to be really lucky, or have a truly amazing FC with them.

Again, sorry for my previous posts, i kinda put things together in my head first and then forget to write some of it down... >.<

Its ok dude, I get ya now. Dont forget, there will be thousands of 50m+ SP players who still dont understand game mechanics who will simply "orbit at.." and die to a 5m SP point player who understand the mechanics.

High SPs are advantageous, but arent a guaranteed win.

As for the tengus, no, they were piloted by Pandemic Legion, so high SP players, but the point I was making was that it wasnt their SPs that won it for them, it was their tactics. We could 50 other pilots with 50m SP+ and put them in the tengus and I bet they wouldnt last 10 seconds v 500 battleships.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hmm.

Think we mean the same thing here, just going at it from a different perspective and you doing a better job at it... xD

So i yield.. ;)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
if you are an industrialist yes. If you want to PvP then no

Actually, spreadsheets do make you a better PvPer :p

Turret tracking, missile volleys, shield/armor resists on different ships etc

Marc

FH is my second home
Actually, spreadsheets do make you a better PvPer :p

Turret tracking, missile volleys, shield/armor resists on different ships etc

But this is just the same as any other MMORPG no?

Plus goodluck asking the enemy to hold off from shooting you whilst you cross reference his ship to your spreadsheets :d

This kind of stuff comes through experience, just like any other mmorpg

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I 'orbit at' .. :( What am I spost to do ?

Best solution is to have an orbit at and a keep at saved for 2 ranges that suit each other but to manually fly abit too so you dont fly directly towards or away from whoever you are fighting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom