EVE full download for £11: One week only!

S

Summo

The EVE developers have obtained the distributions rights back and are now offering the full client download (460MB) for free, with a months subscription at $19.95, which I believe is around £11.

I'm tempted to get this and I know several of you have played (and abandoned) EVE, but I'm wondering if its worth trying again? Seems like a good deal to me and I'll probably give it a go.

Any thoughts?

Their website.

T

throdgrain

After Planetside I dont think Ill bother ;/

X

xane

I had to give up MMOGs for personal reasons, but I thought despite all its problems EVE was a pretty good game.

Saying that it still suffered from all the player-related issues; treadmill levelling, griefing, cheating, etc. Not that it put me off my own enjoyment of the game but some people might be bothered by it.

Originally the game made death a high penalty and PK'ing a severely punishable offense, they changed that strategy and it ruined it IMO. This was further to be boosted by the bounty hunter scheme, but how they ever hoped this would work without some level of abuse is beyond me.

They bowed in to too many of the powergamer demands, it became yet another game unsuitable for weekend warriors, which I wouldn't mind as much if you didn't pay exactly the same rate.

T

throdgrain

Play BF1942, play CoD, play CS fgs, pay no more, drop in drop out as it suits you.
Thats the way for me :)

L

Louster

There was an offer a while ago where they sent out emails asking people to complete a questionnaire, the reward being a couple of weeks or a month or something free subscription. I did so, reinstalled, and then played for about 3 minutes before I remembered all about mining. At that point I quit and uninstalled and stuff.

G

Gumbo

Trackmania, however, rocks.

Trackmania forum, ffs!

E

Embattle

I did consider getting that today, but I just have so many games that i need to complete....and I've been in a non gaming mood for 2 weeks now :(

Users who are viewing this thread