Evanescence

T

Turamber

'The Fallen' - buy it now, incredibly good album. Hard to pigeon hole the music as it crosses so many genres. Lead singer has the most wonderful voice I've heard in years, can't get enough of it...

M

mirieth

What are they roughly like, then? They must have some point-of-reference...

Speaking of music, a 12" record and two cds were popped through my door today from a distro. My lucky day. :D

S

Sharma

They anything like Kosheen? kosheen seems to cross the DnB scene, dance, and a bit of RnB beats on one of their songs

T

Turamber

Lead singer has a Gothic look to her ... definite Goth overtones in the music. Some of the songs are reminiscent of Linkin Park, but there are also some heavily electro sounding bits on there - and a couple of piano ballads. Writing this it sounds crap but believe me its not... !

S

Sharma

so like mortiis then? he looks like a total goth but does a weird type of dark electro stuff

K

Kaitlyn

I actually heard this bands song 'bring me to life' last night.It has been a long time since a new band has made me pause and think wow but this band did. I am not saying all should agree but at least give this cross between cocteau twins and linkin park a chance, you may be more than pleasantly surprised.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I saw the video for one of their tunes just a few minutes ago. Good music, although the fella's voice sounds a lot like Mike Shinoda's, but the woman's voice is post-Bjork. The video gave me sweaty palms and a slight sense of vertigo, such a sad ending.

If you like powerful voices, try Five Point Oh (male leads though), as a taster try their tunes 'Art Of Cope' and 'The Infinity'.

O

old.Dillinja

Bah you wanna hear real music? click the link on my sig and press play.

N

naetha

If its up to the same standards as Faith No More...then maybe I'll give em a go ;) You just can't beat Mike Patton's voice, its like...syrup on double chocolate chip cookies (you know, the nice ones from Tesco's) :m00:

M

mirieth

Can't be good if you're comparing them to Linkin' Park. :puke:

M

mirieth

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Bah you wanna hear real music? click the link on my sig and press play.

Now that's cool. :D

O

old.Dillinja

Heh I somehow got the impression that I was the only person on these forums that was into that kind of music. Nice to know I'm not.

S

Sharma

i heard Evanescence when i was channel hopping, good stuff imo :D

M

mirieth

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Heh I somehow got the impression that I was the only person on these forums that was into that kind of music. Nice to know I'm not.

Here's something for to check out... pretty much nothing like what was playing on the link you posted, but you'll probably like this if you like that. A band called !!! they absolutely rock - sort of funky dancey music by 4 guys from Hardcore bands. It's really great, dancey and happy. :D

I just bought their album today and I should be getting their other release, a split EP, soon.

<dances to the funkeh beats>

S

Scarloc

If you like music like Evanescence, i seriously suggest you try Nightwish, her voice reminds me of the one from the video I saw, but actually a bit better :)

Other than that, they're more metal and less Linkin Parky, but they're damn good :) For songs, I suggest you try "Bless the Child", "Getsemane" and "Over the Hills", sorry I dont have a url for them, I've never thought of looking for one :)

M

mirieth

City of Caterpillar.

Strange name, great band. Bought their S/T release yesterday and it's great, really epic and cool emo/phc stuff.

Try downloading some tracks. "A Little Change Could Go a Long Way" would be a good start. :great:

O

old.Krusha

ye, evanescence is good, but the guy singing is only on the song from Daredevil ST (and is the video and on the Fallen album).

Oh yeah i agree with NAetha ;).

And nightwish is good aswell :>

G

Glacier

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Glacier
Omg where can u download this? Great rvr music :) especially the one in your sig

No idea lol, I have em all on vinyl or CD.

K

Kobold

Originally posted by Scarloc
If you like music like Evanescence, i seriously suggest you try Nightwish, her voice reminds me of the one from the video I saw, but actually a bit better :)

Other than that, they're more metal and less Linkin Parky, but they're damn good :) For songs, I suggest you try "Bless the Child", "Getsemane" and "Over the Hills", sorry I dont have a url for them, I've never thought of looking for one :)

Nightwish rox! :clap:

Don't forgeth "Elven path".

Sorry to say Dillinja but that one in ur sig gave me headake :p
Funky though adn prolly cool at parties etc but at background music omg no way :scared:

M

mirieth

I saw an Evanescence video on a music channel on sky... all I can say is "average". The start was good, the piano and the female vocals, then when the guitars come in and that male singer... eww. I listened to the whole thing and it seemed decidedly average. Just another rock band aimed at being successfull with angsty pre-teens, in my opinion.

T

Turamber

:m00:

The most commercial song on the album, still good though.

O

Old_Bean

"Can't get eough of it"?

I can't get any of it.

B

Blue Ix

You might want to listen to Lacuna Coil, at least to their EP called Halflife. I only just found out about them yesterday but they seem to be something close to what you're saying Evanesence is. Goth and all. It has 5 tracks (the Halflife EP) and I'm trying very very hard not to just listen to it on repeat mode all day long.

Lacuna Coil - 04 - Hyperfast.mp3, there's no saying how good this track is. ;f~

Originally posted by Turamber
Lead singer has a Gothic look to her ... definite Goth overtones in the music. Some of the songs are reminiscent of Linkin Park, but there are also some heavily electro sounding bits on there - and a couple of piano ballads. Writing this it sounds crap but believe me its not... !

M

mirieth

Originally posted by Blue Ix
You might want to listen to Lacuna Coil, at least to their EP called Halflife. I only just found out about them yesterday but they seem to be something close to what you're saying Evanesence is. Goth and all. It has 5 tracks (the Halflife EP) and I'm trying very very hard not to just listen to it on repeat mode all day long.

Lacuna Coil - 04 - Hyperfast.mp3, there's no saying how good this track is. ;f~

<Twitch, twitch> I wish people would stop defining every other gimp dressed in black and eyeliner as "goth"!

If there was ever anything that was "goth" music it was The Cure, Joy Division, Morrisey - stuff like that. Goth(ic) was an art movement a long time ago (I don't know the exact details) and, I think, a race of people or a group of people - the goths - or something. I'm no history expert, but I know that much (not much :)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom