Evade cap, formula?

H

herjulf

Any1 know the formula for the evade %?

the evade cap will be 50% next patch for infil/ns/sb, thats why i wondered how high dex was needed for the evade cap.

i would like the formula itself, i have a page i make forms on with em.

A

Aloca

There are a few formulas about how your evade will be. but those doesnt count the pentaly from styles and such = none has a exact formula that works against all enemies

B

belth

The evade cap is for everyone btw ;)

It's too complex formula, atleast according to Mythic. While in reality it's probably very simple :p

S

shilak

According to Mythic the only classes able to reach the Evade cap are infil/NS/SB, and then only when they have the best buffs and Dodger RA, hence those three classes getting realm respecs so they can get rid of any Dodger RA levels if they want.

I remember reading somewhere, it is 5% base per level of Evade and a maximum of 15% bonus if you have 350 dex/qui. Dodger is 3% per level you buy.

Also dont forget that a level difference is factored in after the cap anyway, so anyone fighting a higher level character with Evade may still experience more than 50% evades.

A

Ajanti

Hi there, Herjulf :)

The evade formula is very complex and it includes your target's stats (level? weaponskill?). That's why there is no exact formula. Here is the official word from Sanya:

"Q: What is the formula for how dex affects parry, block, and evade?

A: I can’t give you the exact formula, because there are just too many variables. Dex is the only stat that matters as far as stats go in the formulas for parry and block, so buff the heck out of dexterity to get the maximum benefit (again, the maximum benefit as far as personal stats go).

Evade is not a skill, and it works very differently from parry and block. Primarily, the effectiveness of evade is related to your level of evade (and of course, your level versus the level of your target). There are many minor factors, of course, but that is the big one. The stats that affect evade are dex and qui in equal proportions, just not in as large a proportion as they are in parry or block."

------

Here is an unofficial formula which seems quite accurate:

((Dex + Quick - 100) / 40) + Evade * 5 + Dodger * 3

Read this thread for more info: http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=45120545&replies=12

B

belth

That's a barebones-formula, by which you can't calculate anything... It's been proven well enough that opponents weapskill has a major influence on the final evade %.

V

VodkaFairy

Is it even clear which stat affects evade? Quickness or dexterity?

K

Kicks

bah so no more ~70% evades vs green mobs? Hope they gonna miss more then :)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Kicks
bah so no more ~70% evades vs green mobs? Hope they gonna miss more then :)

No, you still get 70% evades on green mobs. The cap is applied before your opponents weaponskill/con is factored in.

P

Pin

Originally posted by shilak
According to Mythic the only classes able to reach the Evade cap are infil/NS/SB

I believe that a buffed assassin with capped stats would hit the cap with dodger 1 (maybe 2). And a Friar could also hit the cap with dodger 4/5 (but of course Mythic were nerfing assassins, and they wouldn't want any outcry from Friars, and there's not too many around with dodger that high).

O

old.Saborion

And according to several people the cap in reality is still not 50%. Various people tried this out on Pendragon. The question is, should I believe them or not?

M

mirak_naijmi

I heard its like this:

Dex+qui=X
X/2=Y
Y-50=Z
Z/10=Basechance
Basechance+(evade *5)+(dodger *3)= Youre evade

Which is reasonable cause that means that if you have 200 dex/qui and evade 7(which assasins have) you have 50% evade chance. Sounds logical to me...

T

Tranquil-

Evade depends among other things on weapskill vs evadeskill. Evadeskill somehow caps at 50%. Not the total evaderate after modification....

J

jua-cosmos-jua

it doesnt matter how much evade you have the question is how much does a X weaponskill lower your total evade

J

jua-cosmos-jua

The formula includes such elements as your level, your target's level, your level of evade, your QUI, your DEX, your buffs to QUI and DEX, the number of people attacking you, your target's weapon level, your target's spec in the weapon he is wielding, the kind of attack (DW, range, etc), attack radius, angle of attack, the style you used most recently, target's offensive RA, debuffs, and a few others. (The type of weapon – large, 1H, etc – doesn’t matter.) So it's entirely situational.

so if you dont know dont post shit like its just weaponskill vs your evade and shit

H

herjulf

Thank you ajanti, what i am after is a "rough" evade cap notion.
After all should i cap my dex/qui and be lame enuff to use a buffbot. i wanna be shure i dont waste RA points on alot of dodger in vain.

That is why that formula roughly will do it.

Since my SC´ed amour,+ aug dex/qui + dodger and all will get me quite high evade.

P

Pin

Originally posted by herjulf
Thank you ajanti, what i am after is a "rough" evade cap notion.
After all should i cap my dex/qui and be lame enuff to use a buffbot. i wanna be shure i dont waste RA points on alot of dodger in vain.

That is why that formula roughly will do it.

Since my SC´ed amour,+ aug dex/qui + dodger and all will get me quite high evade.

Well, I had Dodger 3. Last night I respecced RAs and bought back Dodger 1 even though I would be well over cap without any Dodger.

The reason for this was purely to exploit the free realm respec given with the new patch. I had 1 respec left, used it before the patch, have some level of Dodger this morning so get another respec. If I didn't do this I would have no respec after lowering Dodger.

:D

O

old.giriam

Originally posted by belth
That's a barebones-formula, by which you can't calculate anything... It's been proven well enough that opponents weapskill has a major influence on the final evade %.

Ofcourse you can calculate with the formula. Assume that the opponent has 50 in his weaponskill of choice and has STR/DEX/CON (whichever is relevant to his weapon) capped. Then you see if you go above 50% evade against this guy - if you do then its time to loose some dodger points.

G

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua
The formula includes such elements as your level, your target's level, your level of evade, your QUI, your DEX, your buffs to QUI and DEX, the number of people attacking you, your target's weapon level, your target's spec in the weapon he is wielding, the kind of attack (DW, range, etc), attack radius, angle of attack, the style you used most recently, target's offensive RA, debuffs, and a few others. (The type of weapon – large, 1H, etc – doesn’t matter.) So it's entirely situational.

so if you dont know dont post shit like its just weaponskill vs your evade and shit

Can you read what I said? I said "AMONG OTHER THINGS".

P

Pin

Originally posted by jua-cosmos-jua

Hmmm. Let's look at the list of what you put down and what that actually means.

your level - doesn't strictly affect anything, except that higher level gives higher dex, qui and evade level, which are the factors for your total evade skill.
your target's level - goes directly to your target's weaponskill.
your level of evade - goes directly into your total evade skill.
your QUI - goes directly into your total evade skill.
your DEX - goes directly into your total evade skill.
your buffs to QUI and DEX - goes directly into your total evade skill.
the number of people attacking you - has absolutely zero effect on evade (this only effects block and parry).
your target's weapon level - goes directly to your target's weaponskill.
your target's spec in the weapon he is wielding - goes directly to your target's weaponskill.
the kind of attack (DW, range, etc) - has absolutely zero effect on evade.
attack radius - has absolutely zero effect on evade (if he's close enough to attack you, he is close enough to be evaded).
angle of attack - is a simple binary decision, if your target in your front arc, you can evade, if not, you can't.
the style you used most recently - has not been proven as to whether defensive bonus/penalty styles affect evade rate or not, but my feeling is they don't, but just effect damage taken.
target's offensive RA - only effects evade if this directly adds to your opponent's weaponskill, e.g. aug str, aug dex.
debuffs - only effects evade if you are debuffed by something that reduces your dex, your qui, or your target is debuffed with something which reduces his weaponskill.
and a few others - the only 'other' you didn't say explicitly was your level of dodger (the whole point of the thread), and that goes directly to your total evadeskill.

So, bottom line is, it IS a pure check of your total evadeskill vs. your opponent's weaponskill. This gives a certain percentage chance to evade, and that is the evade rate you'll see.

And it is on the 'your total evadeskill' part that the clamp is applied.

One other small note is that the above is how it works in RvR. In PvE, the slight difference is that your level vs the mobs level is a factor.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

i didnt read what you guys said.. the bottom line is that you first substract the others weaponskill and then you look for your cap.. in other words you ll need dodger 5 to evade the zerkers . (wich i see nobody has understood that since you say with dodger 2 you ll hit the cap or so..)
who said i was refering to you tranq... the reason why i said that is cause you ppl talk about rules that arent said by mythic but from some american children in the forums. and yes tranq i can read... here have some more proufs about the evade :But if you're fighting multiple attackers, or significantly higher level mobs, or someone your level who was buffed and specced better than you are, or someone smacks you with a debuff, then you would still need dodger 5 to hit your cap. It might take you over, but you wouldn't reach the cap without it.

J

jua-cosmos-jua

Originally posted by Pin

the number of people attacking you - has absolutely zero effect on evade (this only effects block and parry).

hmm thats wrong what you say according to mythic pin. quote from mythic "but if fight multiple attackers or blah blah......then you would still need dodger 5 to hit your cap. It might take you over, but you wouldn't reach the cap without it."

as far as it goes with the angles of attack i am not sure if they mean behind you.. thats not lowering your evade skill thats preventing you from evading

Originally posted by Pin

No, you still get 70% evades on green mobs. The cap is applied before your opponents weaponskill/con is factored in.

and a quote from mythic : Your base chance to evade at Evade 7 is 35% (5% per level). Dodger 5 (3% per level) adds another 15%. But that's just a BASE. Those percentages can be modified by all of the above. The cap is 50% - but after your base is modified, you might not be at 50. and once again But if you're fighting multiple attackers, or significantly higher level mobs, or someone your level who was buffed and specced better than you are, or someone smacks you with a debuff, then you would still need dodger 5 to hit your cap. It might take you over, but you wouldn't reach the cap without it.

Users who are viewing this thread