European vs. US server numbers

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else noticed this:

European server numbers look set to pass US numbers. Peak numbers are nearly the same - with European numbers being higher for a good chunk of time. US probably has higher minimum numbers though. Only 2 or 3 US servers are getting past the 2,000 mark at the moment with most languishing in the '800-1200 region'.

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
Did you include the Italian servers in your calculations?

Chilly

Balls of steel
by european he probably means GOA-run servers. Italians can bugger off :p

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Yeha there are more daoc players in Europe than in the rest of the world. :wij:

30,000 players on GOA EU servers at peak time. + 1,000 on Italian servers = 31,000

34,000 on US servers at peak time.

HOWEVER :

1) There are many european players playing on US servers
2) US servers aren't really the USA's servers because there are people from Australia, NZ, Asia, etc.

So the greatest part of the DAOC players comes from Europe :drink:

IMO Mythic put too much servers at the DOAC release that's why most of them are nearly empty.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
No I wasn't including the Italian numbers, these (and the Korean numbers) are N/A on Camelot Herald.
18 US servers + pendragon test server; 12 European servers including Camlan.
Only the Carnac server could be considered to be underpopulated - and even it peaks in line with th eleast populated US servers (using Camelot-Europe Statistics info).

GoA have got themselves another test server - maybe it could be turned into another English serevr as requested in another thread.

Europeans having access to the test server like the US have access to Pendragon would be a bonus as well.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
GOA has got 2 test servers according to the last friday news (Gore and Lothian).
Lothian is sometimes used to do special advertisement (Test server for new players like last summer).

Italian Stats are on www.daoc.it

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
2) US servers aren't really the USA's servers because there are people from Australia, NZ, Asia, etc.
Not sure about Australia and New Zealand, but I'm pretty sure that asia have their own servers....

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Not sure about Australia and New Zealand, but I'm pretty sure that asia have their own servers....

Korea but not the whole Asia.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Is this a good or bad thing that we have almost as many players as the americans?

Maybe just goes to show that us euro's are sad fuckers with no life. ;)

Nichneven

Fledgling Freddie
you guys make it sound like america itself is bigger than the rest of the world... :p

maybe only in ego

(i can say that without remorse since I'm a yank)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
gervaise said:
GoA have got themselves another test server
Its not new, its just being used in a slightly different way.

Gorre has been since the beginning the test server - initially open for access to all when required, more recently only to the E&E folks. Why GOA continue to think this is a good idea when blatantly obvious problems appear to be missed time and time again is anyones guess - but it seems they do.

Lothian has been around almost as long - as GOAs internal test server, used for testing the GOA specific content (their 'events') among other things.

For TOA testing both are being used by the E&E testers at the same time, to allow testing 2 languages at the same time. Common sense at GOA - whatever next ;)

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
For TOA testing both are being used by the E&E testers at the same time, to allow testing 2 languages at the same time. Common sense at GOA - whatever next ;)

aye, made me wonder why the hell they never did this from the start with all patches, prolly could have had them alot quicker if they test german + french at same time each version.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:
Is this a good or bad thing that we have almost as many players as the americans?

Maybe just goes to show that us euro's are sad fuckers with no life. ;)

used to be many more US players than European players. I think - and you would have to follow Camelot Herald numbers like a hawk which I'm sure none of us do - that European numbers have increased a bit and US number have decreased quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom