European Union...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well they want to start to register what race we belong too. In my own little world i've always thought we where the race of homo sapiens... Think the EU is taking this a bit far. It belongs in the history book of the 1920-40's

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, people already base opinions and call "racism!" at every turn, so why not make it official?

In some goverment papers, you need to choose a race too. It's just a statistic, no need to get all "racial" about it.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
link or I don't believe it
Well if you can read swedish... :)

Aftonbladet: ”Bryssel, vilken ras tillhör jag?”

But the "point" :

I EU har de nyligen bestämt sig för att välja den kontroversiella metoden att registrera vilken ras vi tillhör. Ambitionen är att kunna mäta den etniska diskrimineringen.

The EU has recently decided to choose the contriversial method of registre what race we belong to. The Ambition is to be able to compare the ethnic discrimination.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'm human.. Hope the rest of EU is aswell?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
/shrug tbh!

I honestly see no problem with registering what ethnic groups people in the EU belong to as long as it's for statistical or historical use, imo people are getting overly sensitive too the whole race issue.

there are a large number of reasons why the EU would seek and intrest in studying the increase in racial diversity within the EU,

Infact I'm guessing that racial differasation would be the most unlikly reason of them all.!!
People are waaay to fast to jump the Racial gun, wxphat if it served to to f.exp proove that racial minorities or a particular racial minority on avarage across the Eu are payed less for a curtin jobtype ?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
/shrug tbh!

I honestly see no problem with registering what ethnic groups people in the EU belong to as long as it's for statistical or historical use, imo people are getting overly sensitive too the whole race issue.
Well we are all the same race, the homo sapiens, if the choose to register ethnic groups it would be a slightly different story, but due to the multi cultural society we live it today, what say you belong to that ethnic group instead of that one?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We are the same animal, but when "race" comes into it, we're not.

There are whites, black, Hispanics, oriental and so forth. People who try to say "we're all the same", should realize we're not.

There's nothing racist about it, i'd say it might be even more racist to say "we're all the same" as it would mean there are no cultural differences or bloodlines.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
We are the same animal, but when "race" comes into it, we're not.

There are whites, black, Hispanics, oriental and so forth. People who try to say "we're all the same", should realize we're not.

There's nothing racist about it, i'd say it might be even more racist to say "we're all the same" as it would mean there are no cultural differences or bloodlines.
Well the debate can go on forever, you say race, i say ethnic background. As do some biologists.. :) But some also say race and if the intellectuals cant agree how can we? :touch:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well the debate can go on forever, you say race, i say ethnic background. As do some biologists.. :) But some also say race and if the intellectuals cant agree how can we? :touch:

Well yes, if we want to separate ethnics and race, as such, but i believe this "proposition" of EU means race as an ethnic difference, not as a "different tpe of human".

Ofcourse, we do have same "race" people from different ethnic backgrounds, which kind of negates the ethnic and race being the same thing.

Which, is where we come to an opinional fact of what is meant by race :D

a monkey is a monkey. doesn't matter what name we plaster on it :)

But then we do have monkeys, chimpanzee, etc. Which ofcourse can't be put into direct race differences, as there are more differences there, but still...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
This reminds me of forms you are asked to fill out from time to time when it asks for your occupation and salary. I usually give:

Salary: £750,000 or more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom