[INFO] European Test Server. Status: Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
European Test Server
Status, FAQ and Discussion

This post is no longer updated.

December 9 13:13 - The Test Server is now live! To access it, run 'testpatch.exe' in your WAR folder. The game will launch as usual only that its now running patch 1.1 and the only server available our test server Shifting Isles. Now go forth, and test!

European Test Server Shifting Isles: Offline

Character copy system: Online
WAR Live: 1.0.6
WAR Test: 1.1

How to gain access to the test server
To play on our test server simply start 'testpatch.exe' instead of the usual 'warpatch.exe'. Note that you do not need two different installs of the game to be able to switch between playing on the test server and our live servers.

How to copy a character to the test server

• Go to the "My Account" page
  • Click the "Copy Character" button at the end of the page
  • Select the character you want to copy
  • If the name already exist on the test server you will be prompted to change it
  • Confirm
Note that only rank 10+ characters can be copied to the test server.

FAQ
Q. Do I need a separate installation of WAR to play on the test server?
A. No. Launching WAR using 'testpatch.exe' will connect you to the Test Server. As usual, running 'warpatch.exe' will connect you to the Live servers.

Q. Is customer support available on the Test Server?
A. Whereas we're providing full technical support to the test server, the customer support is limited to Stuck and Harassment issues.

Q. Is there an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) on the Test Server?
A.No. Since anyone with a valid WAR account can access the Test Server there's little need for an NDA. However, one must always keep in mind that the patches we're running on the Test Server are always considered to be in beta; there's no guarantee that changes on the Test Server carry on to the Live version of the game. This is naturally in response to the feedback we receive from you players!

Q. Are there character templates available?
A. No. There's two ways to play on the Test Server; create a new character or copy one of your existing characters from the Live servers. Naturally this may come to change in upcoming tests but right now there's no need for templates.

Q. Not all my characters show up in the character copy interface on your website! Why not?
A.With the current setup of the test server you can play only one faction (as on normal servers). This means that if you have already created a character on one faction, only characters from that faction will show as options to copy on the website. Additionally, please note that only rank 10+ characters can be copied to the test server.

Issues

Character not listed
Some characters don't show up despite meeting the requirements noted above. This is an issue we're currently investigating and until it's resolved, there's a workaround available. Seemingly, this occur to characters on servers who have previously been cloned. The resolution lie in deleting the cloned character which you're not using.

Example: at the time of the server cloning, you had a level 12 character on Karak Eight Peaks. This character may very well be level 40 by now, but there will still be a level 12 copy of this character on Tor Anroc. Deleting this character should enable you to copy your level 40 character to the Test Server.

The cloned servers are:
Karak Eight Peaks to Tor Anroc
Karak Azgal to Zhufbar
Karak Hirn to Yvresse
Eltharion to Tiranoc

Please note that this is an unconfirmed and not officially sanctioned solution; we're investigating this issue and hope to bring about a permanent resolution soon.

Cheers,
Magnus and Nic

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Nice work, moved fairly quickly on this one for a change :p (although it aint up yet)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
How soon? ;)
We talking days, weeks or months? (hopefully days :D)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Cadelin, apologies for messing up your post. In my hurry to update the OP I mistakenly pressed the 'Edit Post' on your post rather than mine accidentally pasted my content over your post. I don't remember what you said and so the content is now lost.

Sorry!
-Magnus

NicGOA

How soon? ;)
We talking days, weeks or months? (hopefully days :D)

We realize that you guys would love a more firm eta and we are sorry that we couldn't give that yet.

It is scheduled to go up today but as usual problems that show up in tests may delay that, hence why we are careful with eta's.

Nate

FH is my second home
Nicely done GOA, could you make me a level 40 WE so I can test whats killing me in 3seconds? :D

NicGOA

It is scheduled to go up today but as usual problems that show up in tests may delay that, hence why we are careful with eta's.

And this is why we were careful with the eta: There are some issues preventing us from opening the test server just yet, so I'm afraid the server will not be opened today.

Sorry guys, we'll keep you updated.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Givf Instant 40.. I don't see the point of test servers.. do you just roll there for the fun of it, and get 40? :p pretty borrrinngg if your going to be a guinea pig! :D:ninja:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Givf Instant 40.. I don't see the point of test servers.. do you just roll there for the fun of it, and get 40? :p pretty borrrinngg if your going to be a guinea pig! :D:ninja:

You copy your 40 over there and test out new patches....

NicGOA

The European Test Server is now open.

Please note that right now the character copy to the testserver is NOT YET live. So you can only access the server by rolling a new character.

Keep an eye on our website for the update on that.

Nate

FH is my second home
Hoping to have char transfers up later today?

Nate had a brain fart moment

Afran

Part of the furniture
So is it a bug that you can make a Hammerer on the PTS? No mention of it anywhere and it's something you'd usually hype :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
So is it a bug that you can make a Hammerer on the PTS? No mention of it anywhere and it's something you'd usually hype :p

Edit: Sorry wrong class.

The Kotbs and the Black Guard should be in, I hadn't seen the hammerer!

NicGOA

The Character Server Copy function has been turned on and you will find the button in the 'my profile' section of our website.

Please note that with the current setup of the test server you can play only one faction (as on normal servers). This means that if you have already created a character on one faction, only characters from that faction will show up as options to copy on the website.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Any idea if the missing item stats from delve will be fixed any time soon or at all before the patch is live?

Can only see set bonuses etc from items, no normal stats.

Nate

FH is my second home
Apparently characters that have been cloned to other servers aren't able to be copied, my AM on KEP isn't transferrable but the same one on Tor Anroc is(albeit a lot lower level and not up to date as it's the same as when it was cloned). Currently deleting the cloned char will fix this, but if you don't want to I guess Appealing and waiting for GOA to fix it will sort it out.

NicGOA

Apparently characters that have been cloned to other servers aren't able to be copied, my AM on KEP isn't transferrable but the same one on Tor Anroc is(albeit a lot lower level and not up to date as it's the same as when it was cloned). Currently deleting the cloned char will fix this, but if you don't want to I guess Appealing and waiting for GOA to fix it will sort it out.

Aye we are getting some reports from people who were able to transfer their character after they removed their lower level clone on the other server.

QA is looking into this right now. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Deleted my clone on Tor Anroc, and after that I could copy my level 40 character to the testserver without a problem.

Nate

FH is my second home
Aye we are getting some reports from people who were able to transfer their character after they removed their lower level clone on the other server.

QA is looking into this right now. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Any update on this issue? I still can't transfer my KEP char that was cloned to TA(I'd rather not delete it)

NicGOA

Any update on this issue? I still can't transfer my KEP char that was cloned to TA(I'd rather not delete it)

No sorry Nate. I know they're looking into it but in the grand scheme of things this is not a priority at the moment.

Nate

FH is my second home
Is it only a problem with GOA or has Mythic got it aswell?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Now what should we do if we find a bug on the Test-Server? Reporting them with "Report a Bug" leaves you with a confused CSR :p

First thing I saw was that Items do not show any stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom