European account centre now available

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
Is that a joke or something?

I thought the transfer was comming before having to pay for playing in a dead server.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Is that a joke or something?

I thought the transfer was comming before having to pay for playing in a dead server.

They probably have to get the account system sorted before they can transfer anything. Hopefully it's a sign that getting zerged silly on ywain isn't far off :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
hmm, didnt they say that they were not going to increase the price?

I have now decided that i will not be playing due to that increased price.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I think it's :eek:dd: that they didn't give another transfer to ywain nugget to keep players interested.

Personally I think even the pve is fun so will be resubbing even if the server is dead ;p

hmm, didnt they say that they were not going to increase the price?

I have now decided that i will not be playing due to that increased price.

9.99 UK£ = 15.236748 US$

Pretty much the same as people pay on Ywain afaik

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
US is $14.95 which at current rates is £9.81

But said in another thread, I won't be paying it to play on a dead cluster like Dyvet.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
atm i just pay`d 12 euros for my account which according to exchange rates is 10.20 pound or 16.30 dollars depending what rate the pound dollars is worth but its stll the same as i was paying for ywain 3 months ago in euros

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I won't give em any single well earned euro cent till they open up xfer.
Got milked nuff from the froggies kthx.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
atm i just pay`d 12 euros for my account which according to exchange rates is 10.20 pound or 16.30 dollars depending what rate the pound dollars is worth but its stll the same as i was paying for ywain 3 months ago in euros

Yea ywain is like 10.50 euros or atleast was last month , why do european players have to pay a premium to be on a dead mirror without the same quests US playerbase had ? :m00:

pissed_off.gif

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Expensive for a game which only gets small updates instead of fresh new content. It's more expensive than WAR for fucks sake!

Asking English speaking Euro players to pay this much to play on a dead cluster before transfers are available is certainly not good.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Bad form, the price hike is bad enough but a month with no news of transfers is pretty worrying.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, I won't pay a penny until they:

1. Open xfer

2. Allow me to xfer my german toons to the USA aswell

And they can't claim xfer from german servers to english ones isnt possible because it is.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Expensive for a game which only gets small updates instead of fresh new content.

so? even DAoC have developers that needs to get paid. and as the game doesn't have even a medium sized subscriber base they are probably forced to have a slightly more expensive fee to make up for it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And they can't claim xfer from german servers to english ones isnt possible because it is.

they never claimed that. iirc they arent planning to because the german servers are relatively healthy and dont need a transfer.

US servers probably can cope with the english cluster players transferring over but not another 1500 - 2000 players from the french and german servers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they never claimed that. iirc they arent planning to because the german servers are relatively healthy and dont need a transfer.

US servers probably can cope with the english cluster players transferring over but not another 1500 - 2000 players from the french and german servers.

Well then quite simply they don't get money (3x subs) from me, i'm not going to leave characters on a german server when i'd like to play them on ywain now that its possible, i'm sick of german language barriers.. if they added an option to view everything in english i'd happily leave my characters on Avalon and pay them.... but not until.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The 6 other people I am currenty playing with have a total of 20 accounts between them, none will resubscribe until they at least get a date for transfers to start. Mythic are doing themselves out of a fair bit of cash, even if only a few hundred people want to transfer we are talking potentially 400 subscriptions we are talking £48,000 a year and I think those numbers are being conservative, I know alot of old players who are very interested in returning if they can get access to thier characters on a busy server.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The 6 other people I am currenty playing with have a total of 20 accounts between them, none will resubscribe until they at least get a date for transfers to start. Mythic are doing themselves out of a fair bit of cash, even if only a few hundred people want to transfer we are talking potentially 400 subscriptions we are talking £48,000 a year and I think those numbers are being conservative, I know alot of old players who are very interested in returning if they can get access to thier characters on a busy server.

Well, i'm sure Andy from Mythic will be reading this despite him not replying to it.. hopefully he can sort some things out, we've put up with alot of shit off GOA for years and now that Mythic have control of the servers it would be nice if they mended/added some additional things to GOA's work, or in this instance, the lack of it.

Transfering characters from a different language server to an english speaking one is not impossible, they did it fine with the japanese servers a long time ago thus there is no valid reason they can't do it now/again with the italian or even the german/french ones, I understand the population on Ywain is MASSIVE and i'm also sure the few employee's that are left at DAOC Mythic are smart enough to figure a way out in which the servers remain stable despite the huge population Ywain would get if they allowed german/french players to transfer there.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well, i'm sure Andy from Mythic will be reading this despite him not replying to it.. hopefully he can sort some things out, we've put up with alot of shit off GOA for years and now that Mythic have control of the servers it would be nice if they mended/added some additional things to GOA's work, or in this instance, the lack of it.

Transfering characters from a different language server to an english speaking one is not impossible, they did it fine with the japanese servers a long time ago thus there is no valid reason they can't do it now/again with the italian or even the german/french ones, I understand the population on Ywain is MASSIVE and i'm also sure the few employee's that are left at DAOC Mythic are smart enough to figure a way out in which the servers remain stable despite the huge population Ywain would get if they allowed german/french players to transfer there.

Damn edit timer: End of the day its unfair that English players are allowed to transfer to Ywain and German/French/Italian ones don't even have the option to consider it. (regardless of the population of the current German/french/italian ones)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Why don't you just calm down and wait for them to tell you what is actually happening before you huff and puff and blow yerselves over?

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
You skint flints, it's a bloody 10'er! I'm only a student and even I can afford that.

I predict we will hear more news about the transfers in roughly 2 weeks, 3 at the most.

randomeclipse

Loyal Freddie
So, am I correct in that:

1. The subscription prices won't go up for EU players, as long as they stay on a dead EU Cluster;
  2. Once the transfers occur, the prices will be hiked up?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why don't you just calm down and wait for them to tell you what is actually happening before you huff and puff and blow yerselves over?

Because if no one huffs and puffs they won't do bugger all.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You skint flints, it's a bloody 10'er! I'm only a student and even I can afford that.

I predict we will hear more news about the transfers in roughly 2 weeks, 3 at the most.

A lot of us already have 2 or 3 existing US accounts, adding another 1 or 2 to that is a bit much to ask really. As it stands I am just going to cancel the lot until they sort something out, there is zero motivation to play my US toons because I have better versions on my EU account, there is no motivation to play on EU as its dead.

All I want to know is where I stand, are they doing an xfer or not? Any sort of predicted time frame for it?

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I guess I am one of the "lucky" few.. seeing how I do not have any US accounts and I still need some equipment for the toons I want to play in RvR, the yet-to-be-announced time of transfer isn't a big deal.. yet

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
All I want to know is where I stand, are they doing an xfer or not? Any sort of predicted time frame for it?

That is where I stand as well, if I can't play my EU characters on Ywain then I don't think I will stick around, I have invested too much time/money/energy into those characters to just start them all afresh on server with rampant inflation and all the best farming spots perma camped by macro groups.

Corran

Part of the furniture

oi Cho.. who you playing with currently then? :p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
i find it unlikely anyone will pay for thier acc untill transfer news is positive tbh,i have 3 US accounts already,no point paying for another 2 eu accounts if the server isnt active

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Pretty simple really, noone cares about who is resubscribing to EU / dyvet - it's dead and nothing will change that

What we do care about however is if we will be able to transfer to ywain any time soon or if at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom