Europe Stand Together

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
To Order and Destruction on all European servers:

Monday 27th July, 7pm UK time / 8pm Server time:

Europe Stand Together!

Every Destruction player log a Magus on into Inevitable City.
Every Order player log a Shadow Warrior on into Altdorf.

Stand together for 30 minutes.

Mythic have bungled every step of the way since the release of WAR. They are in many ways no worse or better than any other average MMO provider but we do not pay for mediocrity. We pay for excellence and Mythic’s deployment of the much loved Warhammer intellectual property has not been a crowning achievement in the history of either Games Workshop or Electronic Arts.

Mythic make vague promises which are never delivered and they have appalling patching processes where they hurry versions through on the test servers without proper testing. Then we are subjected to all kinds of problems such as lag and shockingly unplayable gameplay conditions. They produce sloppy programming which inflicts misery on elements of the community for up to months at a time before they get around to doing ill-considered fixes where they tend to break nearly as much as they fix. All the while they dangle the carrot of ‘better times coming / good stuff on the way’ to appease people while their developers scratch their heads and hope.

There is not one thing that Mythic have implemented in the short history of this MMO that has been deployed to live servers and ‘just worked’. Every single update has been marred by shoddy quality control and embaressing bugs that should have been caught way before hitting production environments.

Mythic need to make their processes more transparent to us, the paying customers and show they are directly including our feedback in updates, not just bugs they missed because of poor internal quality procedures.

Mythic need to produce better scheduled reports of progress. RELIABLE information on what is going through the change process. Not just pipe dreams from developers who floated an idea at a meeting which hasn’t been tested but they felt it was cool to waffle about on a video blog.

Mythic need to show they are responding to player concerns directly. Rolling out comedians with silly sunglasses just doesn’t cut it any more.

Mythic need to increase the quality of their output drastically.

Mythic need to remove the knee-jerk balancing mentality prevelant in every patch to date. This is probably one of their biggest WAR crimes.

Electronic Arts need to show they are on the case and support the community. Because it is the community on which any MMO stands or falls and thus EA’s income. Mythic’s behaviour is killing the community. It is being eroded day by day as the players lose faith in Mythic to ever deliver.

If enough of us stand together before Mythic completely blow all confidence in Warhammer’s MMO incarnation we will send a clear message to this and every other MMO provider out there that we the gaming community want those who intend to create and provide MMO services that we will not just be fobbed off with vague promises, vague hints of future fixes if we just put up with the mediocre performance for now. We pay to play now. We pay for YOU, the MMO provider to deliver now.

We want and we have a right to expect.

I propose that every player in every guild in every alliance on every server in Europe stands together.

Most MMO providers listen to those that scream the loudest.

We’re not going to scream at you, Mythic. We’re not going to rant about how poorly you have handled this community and its ongoing concerns.

We’re going to stand quietly for 30 minutes, all of us…

…With the gaming media of the entire world watching.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I posted the above on the Warhammer Alliance forums and have been insta-banned. I posted once on each active server forum with each post directed to the players on that server. I posted once on the main WHA forums for those players who don't play in Europe and don't visit the server forums.

The ban duration is extremely fishy, since its expiration coincides exactly with the ending of the event I posted.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I'll dust off mura. Im not sure mythic will notice me though. I seem to spend alot of time afk in altdorf already ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
multiposting the same post on alot of sub forums are generally not a great idea, anywhere :)

i'l try to be available to log my magus on tho.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
lol insta ban wil try and post it in war alliance over the next day or two

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Each of the forum posts I made on WHA was different. Each was directed at the players on that server. While the bulk of the post was the same, they weren't identical.

Also, many players (like myself) generally only look at their own server forums unless there is something big going on.

There is something big going on.

Spread the word.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic won't give a crap and as your on a GOA server you can GUARANTEE GOA won't even blink, it's a huge waste of time and they are still getting paid by everyone dumb enough to shell out cash for the privaledge of playing this game regardless of what you do in-game.

Vote with your legs, if you don't like it, cancel subs.

Also, if you think anyone in the mmo media will give a crap about your insignificant protest your sadly mistaken. It's a nice sentiment, but it's not news-worthy even on a slow news day.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Why bother? Just quit this poor excuse for a game - that'll have a bigger affect.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cancel your subs if you don't like it. Anyone with any sense gave up on this steaming pile of horse shit months ago. It was crap from the start, what makes you think Mythic have the money, inclination or even a clue how to improve it? They have proved that they have absolutely no idea how to make a decent MMO any more and that they have nothing but contempt for their paying customers.

Yes its disappointing that the game turned out to be awful but its not the end of the world is it? Just let it die and move on.

Mythic have lurched from one disaster to another since the TOA release in DAOC, they are a joke, end of.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Cheers for the kind words guys ;)

The US have picked up on this and its possible we may be able to expand the event. We have three days to generate as much support as possible.

Please bear in mind this is not just a message to Mythic but to every wannabe MMO provider. Ultimately I agree, people will vote with their feet eventually but it becomes tiresome lurching from one MMO to another just because the providers don't learn from each others' mistakes. We're drawing attention to the problems below the surface, not just the facepalm-inducing mistakes.

A good example of poor patching processes is when the MMO provider are releasing hotfixes the day after they patch, and the patch itself having gone live 2 days after the PTS closes down. That says a lot about the quality control procedures.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Insta ban on warhammer alliance boards imagine my surprise, probably got banned for goa/mythic bashing, welcome to the club.

hope it goes ok Roo, think its a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted though..

Sadly i dont think mythic can save WAR now, which is such a pity as it is such a rich universe. I remember the first description mythic had of the magus class, awesome i though. Instead they turned it into ranged dps that pissed in the wind, think my next foarage will be to th new star wars mmorpg or aeon.

:m00:

Aada

Part of the furniture
As others have said if your still playing this game then there is something very wrong wit you, there are better mmos out there to play WoW has changed so much since it released it's like a whole new game so would give that a try.

This game is dying a slow death it was fun at first but once the honey moon period wore off the games problems are huge game engine cannot be fixed for starters.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I played WoW right up to the launch of WAR matey and keep tabs on updates and such to see if there's any new content I may be interested in. I have some good memories of WoW, there's some fun stuff in there but I wanted some epic RvR (no, not Wintergrasp). WAR has a huge number of flaws but it still gets closer than most other games :)

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Hope you get a decent turnout mate, I think Mythic have kinda sealed there own fate with this game though.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I think everyone is waiting for the announcement of DAOC2 now as that is the only way they are going to get back on their feet. EA could probably drop them and the game at any moment EA will not mess around if the money figures aren't good.

This could actually be the end of mythic.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I think everyone is waiting for the announcement of DAOC2 now as that is the only way they are going to get back on their feet. EA could probably drop them and the game at any moment EA will not mess around if the money figures aren't good.

There'll not be a DAoC2 when thinking of the organizational changes done with Mythic lately and with SW:TOR in the making.

I actually doubt we'll see more from Mythic as an entity.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
There'll not be a DAoC2 when thinking of the organizational changes done with Mythic lately and with SW:TOR in the making.

I actually doubt we'll see more from Mythic as an entity.

DAoC 2.0 should have been in development 2 years after DAoC was launched. Mythic is (soon to be was) a shortsighted company. Focuses on the now.

Then again I dont believe Mythic has any real programming/design talent left. War proves that. Id rather remember DAoC as it was than what disaster it would be if the mythic of today were to make DAoC 2.0.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

i really do want to care but i just can't.

Mythic had THE chance of a lifetime with this game. it had all the possibilitys of getting millions of subscribers. probably not as many as WoW but atleast many enough to be the undisputed second largest mmo in the world.

and they fucked it up. they fucked it up so bad even most of the diehard warhammer fanatics wont touch the game...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
DAoC 2.0 should have been in development 2 years after DAoC was launched. Mythic is (soon to be was) a shortsighted company. Focuses on the now.

What sane companies would release a sequel MMORPG? An MMORPG is generally designed to be updated over months/years.

The vast majority of your customers will appear from the existing game to play the sequel, potentially leaving your older game a ghost town as everyone wants to play version 2.0. It may draw some extra customers, however the time spent developing it just to shift your players from version 1 to version 2 just isn't worth it.

Mythic did have another MMORPG being worked on very shortly after DAoC, if you can remember Imperator Online. However it was probably just a mediocre game and Mythic managed to get their hands on the Warhammer IP to create WAR.

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
And Final Fantasy...

Good luck for Monday, if my subs were still current I would be there with my magus Jesabel. I hope that Mythic pay attention to the protest but not holding my breath tbh.
I gave the game another go with the free 10 day trial and was torn about re-subbing, then along came the new patch :rolleyes:

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
What sane companies would release a sequel MMORPG? An MMORPG is generally designed to be updated over months/years.

Two years after release, a mmo is built on tech thats at least 5 years old. Hanging onto the original outdated DAoC looks to be working out great for mythic atm ;) They are just milking the few remaining subs. No expansion pack will ever pull in new customers, not that a expansion is planned.

Every company releases new improved products all the time or they go to the wall.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Meh, it probably works for some games... :p

I'm guessing that if they created another DAoC it probably would've been similar to WAR. Take a game which works great, add lots of siege, confusing systems which suck the fun out of RvR and the rest of the game and then release it.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Missed it - how did it go ?

I took people's advice - subs run out in a few days.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Meh, it probably works for some games... :p

I'm guessing that if they created another DAoC it probably would've been similar to WAR. Take a game which works great, add lots of siege, confusing systems which suck the fun out of RvR and the rest of the game and then release it.

Ok you got me. I take it all back :)

Larossa

Fledgling Freddie
Missed it - how did it go ?

I took people's advice - subs run out in a few days.

Going by what i read on forums and such, on destro side there were around 180+ maguses (magi?) turned up at IC and did a mass suicide. Some funny names made for the occasion and there is a video or two around.

On order side not so well supported but some shadow warriors turned up.

YouTube - War protest
and
Magus_Protest_March

The second video has the good soundtrack

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Order decided to use the protest time to get to IC :/

Silly order

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom