Europa Universalis 4..

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
anyone got it ? :D

if so hit me up for some mp ;)

Tilda

Bought it mostly because I got CK2 and wanted it more.
Been working nights so need to actually try it - next week!

How is it mabs, I sucked at CK2 so need a newbie intro.

Mabs

Bought it mostly because I got CK2 and wanted it more.
Been working nights so need to actually try it - next week!

How is it mabs, I sucked at CK2 so need a newbie intro.

CK series has always been "family", EU was always "country" , and i prefer it a lot more, its more global, less court stuff

its a lot..simpler than EU3 was, its not easier, but more intuitive, some of the stuff is a bit odd, cultural swap and religion change are quite fast, other stuff is harder, and they revamped the Manpower system so you get a lot less, so you cant spam armies so easily

its complicated, but sensibly so.. anyone who knows european history can play it easily - it has really complicated looking things like the Holy Roman Empire, but if you know how it worked (elector counts and so on) its easy to understand in game

TLDR; dont be put off by how complex it looks, it really not :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I've been spoiled too much by playing EU3 Magna Mundi for years. EU4 is the prettier but less sophisticated sister. I'll have a go, but it's not as enjoyable.

Anyway, it's all about Hears of Iron 3 right now :)

Mabs

HoI 4 ;)

and its a lot better than Eu3 now with the expansions, with the mods on top

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
So, tell me about this game then chums.

TdC

I'll give it a go for the free weekend. So, mods? Expansions? Things I should know?

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'll give it a go for the free weekend. So, mods? Expansions? Things I should know?

There are mods but you can tackle them after you've done the 4 year Masters Degree in EU Studies.

TdC

heh I did all the tuts yesterday while Mabs taunted me via steam chat. about half way through I had forgotten most of what the game had showed me so I decided to play TOXXIC instead :)

Mabs

heh I did all the tuts yesterday while Mabs taunted me via steam chat. about half way through I had forgotten most of what the game had showed me so I decided to play TOXXIC instead :)

such a quitter! :D

*rubs thighs*

Mabs

or marry france, then you really DO win. think i quit after i took this pic, was in a "yea, not going to lose a fight ever" point

A7D77972BE5CDDF292F0CA04AD560749D3017FD1

leggy

Probably Scottish
or marry france, then you really DO win. think i quit after i took this pic, was in a "yea, not going to lose a fight ever" point

A7D77972BE5CDDF292F0CA04AD560749D3017FD1
That has given me a nerd boner. I wish I could get excited about strategy games like this :(

Mabs

i play mostly with a terrifying collection of around half a dozen scandaweejans, makes it infinitly more fun

Adari

Part of the furniture
bump - on sale on steam now. picked up a few expansions but haven't played it much at all yet. would be very interested in some multiplayer further down the line

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom