Euro WoW will be managed localy, there will be different language versions

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Taken from the Blizzard website:

"News for European players:

Blizzard Entertainment recently announced plans to build a local World of Warcraft team in Europe that will be responsible for community relations, customer service, and technical support for the game. Additionally, they’ll manage the distribution and hosting of World of Warcraft on local European servers. Having a team located in Europe will allow for faster response times, direct GM support, and personal communication with local call-center representatives. Blizzard intends to make World of Warcraft available in German and French, in addition to English. Further details regarding possible additional languages will be available in the months ahead".

http://www.battle.net/forums/wow/thread.aspx?FN=wow-general&T=1175101&P=1&ReplyCount=62#post1175101

Seems the fear many of us have had regarding alternate language verisons is coming true - wonder if we can expect to be left 3-4 months behind the US players then.

Sigurd

Banned
Ever tried BattleNet? Blizzard's system for playing their games on online.... now, imagine an MMORPG run like that... a game may be salvaged from the chaos that follows, but if GOA are running it... :rolleyes:

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
Ever tried BattleNet? Blizzard's system for playing their games on online.... now, imagine an MMORPG run like that... a game may be salvaged from the chaos that follows, but if GOA are running it... :rolleyes:
setting up a company in France doesnt mean its GOA, goa is only a 50 people large company I think in a company having 50+million inhabitants. So France =/= GOA automatically.

And blizzard wont run WoW over battlenet. Battlenet was meant for rts games and diablo, games where you just set up a server with some people and start playing.

Sigurd

Banned
I'm not just going by this post for the GOA thing.. as for battlenet, I was pointing it out as an example of Blizzard's incompetence :p

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
I'm not just going by this post for the GOA thing.. as for battlenet, I was pointing it out as an example of Blizzard's incompetence :p
used it for a little while on WC3, it worked well back then. Think it wasnt more worse than how NWN works or how CS works.
The fact that starcraft and diabloII is still being played (over battlenet) must mean that either the games are really really good or the system isnt actually that bad. Besides that the making of a system like battlenet wont be needed and so goes their skills on that area. As you just need to select which server to join and there is no need for info about how the server is run and whos on it and neither do you need an area to meet other players outside the server(which is what I see as the basics of battlenet might be wrong though).

and about goa, you might want to show the other source than. I only heard (via via via via) ages ago that possibly goa wanted to run some servers, but never heard anything from that again and with this announcement it really looks more that they will set up their own team there.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Battlenet is code red 'tard invaded, but Battlenet is a free service.

To play WoW you are going to have to fork out some cash.

And i hope us English don't have to wait ages to get patched because of translation.

They don't need a translation team for english, as its already english, so they just just provide non-english speaking as part of europe.

Don't mean any of this is a nasty way :(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ah didnt know this had already been in the spotlight before here on freddys since the battlenet post was dated the 10th. Anyway, even if blizzard themselves with handle the translation etc (which i doubt) im still alil worried about "local customer support" etc. Probably means we will get something akin to Horizons or DAoC where we europeans only have email-support from some french or italian company who has crappy english language abilities. Ah well, guess we have to wait and see. Just a bit tired of us europeans so often getting second rate service in mmorpgs, despite the fact that in most cases we pay more than our US counterparts.

Sigurd

Banned
Driwen said:
used it for a little while on WC3, it worked well back then. Think it wasnt more worse than how NWN works or how CS works.
The fact that starcraft and diabloII is still being played (over battlenet) must mean that either the games are really really good or the system isnt actually that bad. Besides that the making of a system like battlenet wont be needed and so goes their skills on that area. As you just need to select which server to join and there is no need for info about how the server is run and whos on it and neither do you need an area to meet other players outside the server(which is what I see as the basics of battlenet might be wrong though).

and about goa, you might want to show the other source than. I only heard (via via via via) ages ago that possibly goa wanted to run some servers, but never heard anything from that again and with this announcement it really looks more that they will set up their own team there.

BattleNet... is full of problems, namely the over-competitive nature of it and, perhaps consequently, the huge amount of "haXX0rs" - I've yet to come across any Blizzard game which hasn't been full of cheaters (I know we get some in DAoC but not on the same scale) btw... I'm not searching the net for "sources" if you really don't think this french MMORPG company are GOA, then good for you, I don't hold that much hope personally...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
BattleNet... is full of problems, namely the over-competitive nature of it and, perhaps consequently, the huge amount of "haXX0rs" - I've yet to come across any Blizzard game which hasn't been full of cheaters (I know we get some in DAoC but not on the same scale) btw... I'm not searching the net for "sources" if you really don't think this french MMORPG company are GOA, then good for you, I don't hold that much hope personally...

If that were GOA, it would have been written in the press release.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Just buy US version problem solved, you may have 2 wait a few extra days after release but it will be well worth it imo for any person who wants a sole English speaking server (and yes ofc there will b exceptions to the rule) and that gets the latest patchs and a guaranteed "It does what it says on the tin". Just wish i had realised this all when i 1st played daoc :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
BattleNet... is full of problems, namely the over-competitive nature of it and, perhaps consequently, the huge amount of "haXX0rs"

Sounds like a certain game i know.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
GOA do a decent job, there's just too many imbecilic immature stupid whiners that expect everything to be perfect all the time. When you get older you realise the world isn't like that and you can't always get what you want.

I hope Wow is better than DAoC tho as DAoC is extremely boring now.

Sigurd

Banned
There's whining, and there's bad customer service/buisness sense. GOA are rather hopeless I'm afraid, trust me, Mythic run the game a lot better, and they're american...

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
GOA do a decent job, there's just too many imbecilic immature stupid whiners that expect everything to be perfect all the time. When you get older you realise the world isn't like that and you can't always get what you want.

I hope Wow is better than DAoC tho as DAoC is extremely boring now.

So you blame it on age. And you also fail to see why people whine about GOA. Trust me, i've played since beta, and when people flamed GOA to fuck in the official EU DAoC boards, i disagreed (Yes, there were official boards, they were PROBABLY [As GOA didn't tell] closed because they really made GOA look bad, explained in next sentence why). People simply whined about EVERYTHING. Every single LD, every single little tiny bug (that weren't usually even GOA's fault). Then new people read the boards, and started ALSO whining about totally useless things. At that time GOA was doing good job in my opinion. But now, even i agree that they suck some major c*ck. There's no real informing of what is happening (ie when servers got hacked, what did we get? 3 lines of "there was a slight problem blabla fixed now). Bibit has billed people alot who shouldn't have been billed (And although Bibit != GOA, i still keep them responsible). Also childish bans. What's the god damn point to ban someone who found a bug and REPORTED IT? Or people who did it by accident. If someone abuses a bug multiple times in row, then you can THINK about banning.

And various of other things..

Im not going into patching. problems with patching are normal, and i don't die if servers are down for one day or couple hours longer then they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom