Euro War Beta Sign ups!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aye, he'll be there to damage my calm as well as a lot of other old school DAoC.

Lets be bad guys ;)

I doubt I'll be playing on release, but might try to get a beta account so I can take a look around to understand what's what (helps when modding the forums!)... Get Nik onto TS/Vent :D

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Wait all you want, but EU-Warhammer is for EU-people only, and US-Warhammer is for US people only... Don't know how they are planning to monitor that, either by the given postal address, or perhaps by IP, but that's what it says on the webby.

No Warhammer for me then :( restrictions like that forcing us to play on GOA/European servers instead of Yank ones waiting patches for 3-4 months is just crap.

I simply can't put my faith on GOA after what they done with Daoc :eek7:

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
i suggest that u *read* what they say, not guess.

I did *read* what they said about Daoc EU at beginning about getting patches few weeks after USA,now tell me how long it usually took to get patch USA -> Euro? 3-4 months is pretty normal time for that.

After all this time you still believe in GOA? I lost my faith few years ago.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
No Warhammer for me then :( restrictions like that forcing us to play on GOA/European servers instead of Yank ones waiting patches for 3-4 months is just crap.

I simply can't put my faith on GOA after what they done with Daoc :eek7:

U will be able to play us from eu; probably they gonna be a more bit restrictive in Beta signups, that said, i registered for the Newsletter 1 year ago, so i sitll have my slight chance to get into it.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Wait all you want, but EU-Warhammer is for EU-people only, and US-Warhammer is for US people only... Don't know how they are planning to monitor that, either by the given postal address, or perhaps by IP, but that's what it says on the webby.

From the information I've been able to gather, ignoring the beta sign ups like:

Folks,

Our position on this question remains the same as it has ever been:

1) French Telecom (GOA) is our partner in Europe. Over the years they have been a good and true partner but, like Mythic, one that has made its share of mistakes. They are committed to WAR to an even greater degree than with DAoC due to their faith in the game and their long experience with Mythic. They have agreed to maintain a level of quality, in all aspects of their end of our partnership that meets or exceeds that of Mythic. We have no doubt, based on what we have seen so far, that they intend to honor and exceed that commitment. Like any commitment, if they fail to live up to our expectations or we fail to live up to our promises, I expect that adjustments will be made. The nice thing about being a game slated for 2008, as opposed to 2001, is that all sides recognize the true potential of WAR and of the size MMORPG market.

2) In terms of people on one continent playing on servers on another continent, we have said that we will not block IP addresses by location and neither will FT. We will not though sell versions in the US that can access the European servers and European versions that can access the US servers will also not be sold. That's how it was for DAoC and will be so for WAR as it's been since we did the deal with them.
In the end what's most important to Mythic is that GOA does a great job with hosting and managing WAR's European community. Prior to WoW's launch, for many years that they have been our partners the European community, DAoC was the #1 subscription-based MMORPG in Europe. They helped establish a large community and have, like Mythic, learned a lot over those years. These lessons we believe will allow them to continue to be a great partner for us. As I've said, their level of commitment to WAR is fabulous and I truly do expect great things from them over the next decade or so.

Mark

Taken from Warhammeralliance.com thats Mark Jacobs - Basically Mythic :)

If you want to play US servers, you need a US version of the game and Euro for GOA.

Simple as that.

So buy your games with US versions and play US servers. You will not be banned from playing US servers 'if' you have a US version of the game and live in Europe.

Eble

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Glad you posted that Eble, was getting ready to type a long ass post saying what Marc Jacobs mentioned!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I did *read* what they said about Daoc EU at beginning about getting patches few weeks after USA,now tell me how long it usually took to get patch USA -> Euro? 3-4 months is pretty normal time for that.

After all this time you still believe in GOA? I lost my faith few years ago.

i trust Mythic when they say that there will be no waiting for patches for the European servers for Warhammer.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
dunno how they gona work thru translation?
anyway theres several other languish on board, not only english ones.
dunno if they do it when patches ready? launch patches and translate when have time?

eu daoc translating take alott time + if theres some bugs? they need send daoc back to US where they fix code and send it back for new tests.
atleast this i remember reading from some GOA post.

about acting same way to EU players, why not asian etc? compared to US, when signed to beta there wasnt any question how long i have played other mythic/ea games, good example is daoc.
have image they are giving more attention to US markets what example ours.
need only read how you can get in to beta earlier.
giving early beta accounts in boston, personally dont see any reason pay 1k€:s to fly US only to get change for beta spot if win some contest :)
wheres EU:s this kind happenings?
or scandinavian? not only french/german.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
must agree with Tuppe. Just comparing the signups for beta it has shown that Mythics both worked better/faster, and asked for more info (what we played before, other mmos ect.) where GoA just made the least user friendly signup i have ever seen. The EU war page itself just seems like a placeholder, but it aint :(
So to me it seems the different treatment has already started, thou im still gonna play EU.

edit: just saw on War eu page "
GOA supports servers in five different languages (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
I could be mistaken, but the first Guild to get an invite to play WAR Beta was a german one called 'Beware' it was done at one of the Games shows held in Germany.

As far as I know WAR will be touring round Europe so expect the same sort of Beta invites then I guess,

Eble

Rage

Fledgling Freddie
Strong thinking not to enable a full character set for the beta signup form, basically only French and UK residents would be able to complete the form correctly (and french people being who they are probably didnt think about whats outside the country limits ;-)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
notice you can now log to goa:s WAR page.
nothing intresting there.
screenies didnt work, tryed whit firefox and ie, but believe its been made in big rush, or still was coping pics there when self notice new options.

allways funny wonder why nothing happens only to see pop up blocker working :) but that wasnt reason for unworking screenshots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom