Euro players on us server?

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Ethiraseth said:
But can't you just buy gamecards? that way you won't have to use your creditcard and blizzard can't check wether you're from the US or not.

That's what I'm doing, using an address I'll pull off the net (some unsuspecting company probably, maybe blizz themselves ;)) at least for the first couple of months, and they have this vague thing that you'll be able to pay via paypal, or at least they used to.

You say it's Blizzard running the servers, but it's really Vivendi, and we know how useful they are!

Still do not understand releasing the english language servers at the same time as the french and german ones, when there's no work to do, they could adapt the US billing system, bung a few servers in some racks (in the east coast even, considering how bad the connectivity currently is), and use US support/GM's for the meantime. Guess it's just bloody-mindedness, and they plain just don't want our money! :(

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
inactionman said:
You say it's Blizzard running the servers, but it's really Vivendi, and we know how useful they are!

Depends on what you mean with "running" the servers.
It may very well be vivendi hosting the servers,
but it´s blizzard handling customer support and gm´s etc and probably fixing maintance and stuff which imo making it blizzard "running" the servers.

scrow

Fledgling Freddie
inactionman said:
That's what I'm doing, using an address I'll pull off the net (some unsuspecting company probably, maybe blizz themselves ;)) at least for the first couple of months, and they have this vague thing that you'll be able to pay via paypal, or at least they used to.

Still do not understand releasing the english language servers at the same time as the french and german ones, when there's no work to do, they could adapt the US billing system, bung a few servers in some racks (in the east coast even, considering how bad the connectivity currently is), and use US support/GM's for the meantime. Guess it's just bloody-mindedness, and they plain just don't want our money! :(

I want to use the gamecards also, but it costs like 20-30 USD for shipping...makes it bit expensive imo.

Or does someone else have a nice US company with some more friendly shipping costs ?
or a company who wants to mail the activation code (and trow away the rest :p)

V

virre989

already bougth!!

hi

a friend have baugth wow in usa and he is flying with the game to me in sweden (europe). I got worried when i read this thread, but as far as i can se I won´t have any trouble signing up on european severs when they launch.
Or? please tell me! have i baught the game without being able to play it? is it so bad that i need to buy a new copy in sweden later?

(i live in sweden as i have said and have thus no conections with the usa.)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Tinu said:
I was on test 4, my regular ping if i would set and average would be around 600.
That in itself took down my pvp enjoyment by 50% or so because of the anger when u die because of poor ping/lag.
There´s no way I would ever play on a highly populated us server.
Wow isn´t all that attractive with 3sec delay.
Lol, a 600 ping is 600ms.

600ms = 0.6s not 3 seconds ;)

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
Personaly they should take lessons on how Ultima Online is ran and setup. There is no European servers, all billing is done on the US side with Europeans paying VAT. Servers are unlimited, some are in germany, japan and tons in the US.

Very well thought out process, just 2 negatives.... graphics are way outdated and its owned by EA Games now :( but still the biggest and oldest mmorg going

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom