Euro players on us server?

Ballock

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone confirm that Euro players can play on the us servers if you pay with pay pal? I am not to wait till 2005 for this game!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
no one can confirm it since no one can try it yet (try paying that is ;) )

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
surely its better to wait a bit longer so you can play on a server that's peak time is when your awake? :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Read an post on blizzard forum some guy complaing he could not pay to play with pay pal. But dunno, have not seen the billing options yet. But i wont play US servers will wait for EU preorder that will be launched the 26th :) So perhaps will get into EU beta then.

Arya

Fledgling Freddie
To play the american version you need a valid US billing address.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
i am european and i am playing the us beta atm. I dont think that u ll have problem to play. On eastern servers especially the ping is quite good even for me that i am from Greece.

The only problem is how to pay. Will it have paypal or it will only have prepaid cards. That's an issue.

Tbh i am thinking also not to w8 for the uro version. We ll see.

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
youll need a us billing address so unless you got a good yank friend theres no chance afaik :(

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
Mithradir said:
i am european and i am playing the us beta atm. I dont think that u ll have problem to play. On eastern servers especially the ping is quite good even for me that i am from Greece.

The only problem is how to pay. Will it have paypal or it will only have prepaid cards. That's an issue.

Tbh i am thinking also not to w8 for the uro version. We ll see.
the beta was open for every one, the final game isnt gonna be, as far as i know, they will run some software, that will block any non US ip that connects to the servers. and i really dont understand why people wanna play US, its more laggy, and the servers peak, when you are a sleep(depending on how far from US you are :D)

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
When I started EQ I played on US server (no euro servers back then) and it wasn't fun when my guild started raiding at 2am my time... so I'd definately wait for the Euro launch, can probably avoid most of the b.net crowd, too.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Tzan said:
Will there be multiple methods of payment besides just credit cards?
Yes, we plan to support a range of payment methods. In the initial launch regions of North America, Australia, and New Zealand, customers will be able to pay their subscription fees by major credit card, PayPal, and pre-paid game cards. >>>>Payment methods in other regions will be announced at a later date<<<<

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
the beta was open for every one, the final game isnt gonna be, as far as i know, they will run some software, that will block any non US ip that connects to the servers. and i really dont understand why people wanna play US, its more laggy, and the servers peak, when you are a sleep(depending on how far from US you are )

Lots of ppl playing at 22:00 -23:00 gmt+2 time when i start to play. Now why to play on us server? For lots of reasons i'd say. More ppl + the 3 month delay that come to europe is enough.

On eastern servers the ping is cool. I play battlefield on us server with 200-220 ping and it is ok. In mmorpg ping doesnt matter so much . If it is below 400 u dont experience any problem.

Hansemann

Fledgling Freddie
Blitzing said:
and i really dont understand why people wanna play US, its more laggy, and the servers peak, when you are a sleep(depending on how far from US you are :D)

How do you know about peoples sleeping habits ?

SigvartH

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
When I started EQ I played on US server (no euro servers back then) and it wasn't fun when my guild started raiding at 2am my time... so I'd definately wait for the Euro launch, can probably avoid most of the b.net crowd, too.

Agree with Lumikki. Though the waiting after trying the open beta will be hard :drink:

You got into the closed euro beta Lumikki? And you still sett on NightElf Hunter :) ??

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
I was on test 4, my regular ping if i would set and average would be around 600.
That in itself took down my pvp enjoyment by 50% or so because of the anger when u die because of poor ping/lag.
There´s no way I would ever play on a highly populated us server.
Wow isn´t all that attractive with 3sec delay.

scrow

Fledgling Freddie
at the beginning of the beta is was very laggy, but that was for all players. at the end of the beta I had a good ping of about 200-350 and there wasnt much lag.

ps. when I played daoc I was routed via NY to Paris very often, so that makes NY closer then Paris anyway :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Lumikki said:

I did the same thing.. EU servers were out way too late imo :)
Hardly ever made it for guild raids because of time difference of 7'ish hours, and mostly found myself soloing unable to find groups. Don't wanna do that again in WoW :)

Also I heard that EU IP's will be banned from US servers.. is that just a rumor?

EDIT: About the ping, I really don't think you should judge by that just yet. Open beta contained a lot of stress testing, i.e. loads of server lag, bugs, fixes, patches etc etc. When it's out, it might be laggy in the beginning when everything is being adjusted and so on, but I really don't think lag will be a major issue no matter which server you chose to play.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Nausilus^^ said:
Also I heard that EU IP's will be banned from US servers.. is that just a rumor?

Just a rumor. Someone asked them what would happen if he had to go to England for work and Bliz said it would be no prob as long as he had a US billing address....

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Ordered my US copy from SPS, they are also selling game-cards and should have mine to me by friday, result! :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
inactionman said:
Ordered my US copy from SPS, they are also selling game-cards and should have mine to me by friday, result! :)

If you live in the EU then you could just have pre-ordered and joined the open beta.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Tallen said:
If you live in the EU then you could just have pre-ordered and joined the open beta.

But where is everybody pre-ordering?? :(

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
I pre-ordered my copy at EBGames and will have it by Tuesday morning 10am... plus 3 days off work.

But hey... I forgot... I am living in the US now and will be playing my dorfish hunter on retail on the 23rd.:p
*runs before the angry mob catches up*

For the US billing adress - use any old US adress. Do you honestly believe they send you a confirmation letter by snail mail? ;)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Uncle Sick said:
For the US billing adress - use any old US adress. Do you honestly believe they send you a confirmation letter by snail mail? ;)

No, but apparently they are checking the credit card address against the given billing address, which is optional for 'small' charges to a credit card. So unless you have a US address registered against your credit card you can't use it for WOW US! :(

Euro pre-orders are announced on the 26th, with all people who pre-order getting 'early access' to the beta. How early, who knows! Frankly I'd rather pay a bit more money and play on the US servers, from what I've been hearing about the state of the EU servers! Terrible network connectivity, poor customer services, lags in updating, etc.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
inactionman said:
Frankly I'd rather pay a bit more money and play on the US servers, from what I've been hearing about the state of the EU servers! Terrible network connectivity, poor customer services, lags in updating, etc.

Yeah i mean they STILL havent got an english community manager in place yet :eek6:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
inactionman said:
No, but apparently they are checking the credit card address against the given billing address, which is optional for 'small' charges to a credit card. So unless you have a US address registered against your credit card you can't use it for WOW US! :(

Euro pre-orders are announced on the 26th, with all people who pre-order getting 'early access' to the beta. How early, who knows! Frankly I'd rather pay a bit more money and play on the US servers, from what I've been hearing about the state of the EU servers! Terrible network connectivity, poor customer services, lags in updating, etc.

Who is running the EU servers?

Sky

Fledgling Freddie
Not only no Community Manager for the English, but also no translated servers yet either.

Ethiraseth

Fledgling Freddie
inactionman said:
But can't you just buy gamecards? that way you won't have to use your creditcard and blizzard can't check wether you're from the US or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom