Euro Page not loading for me

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone got any tips, the Euro War page dosnt load correctly for me, it just has the flash box appear.

Im guessing its to do with cookies but ive cleared those and still no joy.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
tried force refresh? (ctrl+f5)

it seems a lot slower tonight than usual.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you Pikeh, Control-F5 worked after a few goes.

shang

Fledgling Freddie
Not working for me either, after updating to Firefox 3.0.1 today, and it used to work fine with the older Firefox 2.x. The problem actually occurs on two different machines. A desktop running Vista and my work laptop running Windows XP. Both have Firefox 3.0.1 and Flash 9.0.124 and all I get on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning is the red sky background image. FWIW, goa.com just shows a blank white page on both machines.

Other flash-heavy sites work just fine, so I suspect it might have something to do with the way GOA uses iframes or JavaScript (and yes, I have JavaScript enabled and using default security settings).

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
It may be because of the flash items on the site. A few people have said they have to use Windows Explorer to see it properly, others have said they are okay when they put the www in front.

They would have been better off just using HTML rather than flash but they are not going to change it.

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
Firefox 3 here. And it works fine. I used to have trouble a few months back though. Not sure why it works for me now.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
This,somehow they managed to screw up with flash so it won't load if you don't put www at front.

sounds like they have fudged the virtual host config settings and its not seeing them as the same site and its not giving the correct permissions to the site without the www., rookie mistake

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
If you look at the source there is a https server authid.goa.com, securing the login and the news modules on the page.
Their SSL certificate for the site is only assigned to the address www.war-europe.com and not the alias war-europe.com, so when using the last url the SSL certificate stops the site from showing those modules.

Rookie mistake? Yes absolutely :m00:

shang

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, that's another problem, but I was using the www-prefixed url and still no dice.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
It's never very good using just a bare domian name imho. There are so many ways you can issue a permanent redirect to a canonical variant (such as www.war-europe.com) that this is kinda inexcusable, especially when you have certificate-based authentication that requires a specific URL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom