eu/us population

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Hum, could be bad for us too tbh.

Downfall in the US could mean a potential problem here since Mythic still owns ze game.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
because they are all getting banned for radar!!! an starting on eu... damn yanks :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Crikey, down to 14k players a day, thats half of what it was before WoW came out :(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Probably due to DDO release, its a strong brand name and sold alot of copies initially in the US. Many will be back though since DDO suffers from a serious lack of content currently. And lets not forget Oblivion either.

Also note that the average number of player numbers is almost identical at 7k-something, while the maximum peaktime number is larger in EU - so i guess we have more hardcore players here in the EU (people that play longer periods of the day) and more casual players in the US (people that dont play all evening etc).

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Probably due to DDO release, its a strong brand name and sold alot of copies initially in the US. Many will be back though since DDO suffers from a serious lack of content currently. And lets not forget Oblivion either.

Also note that the average number of player numbers is almost identical at 7k-something, while the maximum peaktime number is larger in EU - so i guess we have more hardcore players here in the EU (people that play longer periods of the day) and more casual players in the US (people that dont play all evening etc).

Also US plays in a wider variety of timezones than EU, even before you take into account EU players playing on US Servers.

Darzil

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder what is that number of players what below the cost of the game is exceeded the income, and what will happen if the player population reaches that number.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tafaya Anathas said:
I wonder what is that number of players what below the cost of the game is exceeded the income, and what will happen if the player population reaches that number.

cut down staff, cut down developing, cut down support, cut down, cut down.. cut down everything they possibly can, and pray to have WHO ready then :D

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
And lets not forget Oblivion either.

I just cancelled account again, more or less only because of Oblivion :D Simply don't have time for daoc, and don't feel like paying for a game i hardly play. But of course knowing myself, I'll probably be back in a month or 2...!

Himse

FH is my second home
Blah, yet US rvr is still better. Actually a chance of getting an rvr grp.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:

Ive heard that the average mmorpg needs around 50k people paying subs to be considered cost effective, likely varies alot what profit marigins that companies are ready to accept though. Some may run a skeleton crew, just doing the bare necessities, stop producing new content etc, and plod on. Also heard that if you take the peaktime numbers of a mmorpg and mutilply by 5 you get a pretty good assessment of how many paying subscribers it has. So in DAoC's case that would be around 70k in US and 95k in the EU.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
also bear in mind around 80%+ players have at least 2 accounts so that doubles sub prices too

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
yeah we got em tho, i swear someone used radar on me the other day

I was stealthed in the water and he was at the bottom, went right for me no wandering just straight at me was hilarious

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
i thought that radar doesn't work when you're stealthed? You're not "there" in essence so no something is being sent to the... something and... stuff

:m00:

I dunno, i just know that i've seen several movies of people catchin radar users by stealthing to behind a tree, uncloaking THEN the radar user charges towards him, he stealths and leaves, rinse, repeat... i need a cig... back in a bit

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Rediknight said:
i thought that radar doesn't work when you're stealthed? You're not "there" in essence so no something is being sent to the... something and... stuff

I dunno, i just know that i've seen several movies of people catchin radar users by stealthing to behind a tree, uncloaking THEN the radar user charges towards him, he stealths and leaves, rinse, repeat... i need a cig... back in a bit

apparently stealth lore buggered that up..

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:

I was stealthed in the water and he was at the bottom, went right for me no wandering just straight at me was hilarious

There is a bug afaik thad make you visible in stealth form from clip range.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
hmmm never used radar so no idea i thought it was different the way it worked.

Perhaps he was just very lucky to go right over the top of me

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Tafaya Anathas said:
There is a bug afaik thad make you visible in stealth form from clip range.

Will be staying out the water then when stealthed

Cedon

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
cut down staff, cut down developing, cut down support, cut down, cut down.. cut down everything they possibly can, and pray to have WHO ready then :D

Is it possible to get worse support?

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Cedon said:
*points at Jup's sagging "once-were-white" greying potato sack pants*

obviously it is ;)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
if GOA have 100,000 subscribers, then that would mean a monthly income of approx £800,000 nice turnover :) - no bad debtors, no waiting around for payment - captive audience.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think the problem Mythic have is that they have a large customer support team, alot of art and programming people still working on DAoC. Then take into account the cost of developing WAR, pension provision, building and maintaince costs, human resources and of course dividend payouts to share holders. Mythic have alot of overheads to cover, more than GOA and it now looks like they are doing it on less income as well, they really need to get WAR out in the next year as the revenue stream from DAoC has really started to dry up.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Cedon said:

Support in US is actually very good imo, I've always gotten the help I needed when I played there without any fuzz at all and all guildies have pretty much same view of it.

Support in EU is so so, still not anywhere close to ingamesupport 24/7 but at least its better than it used to be it seems.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
I think the problem Mythic have is that they have a large customer support team, alot of art and programming people still working on DAoC. Then take into account the cost of developing WAR, pension provision, building and maintaince costs, human resources and of course dividend payouts to share holders. Mythic have alot of overheads to cover, more than GOA and it now looks like they are doing it on less income as well, they really need to get WAR out in the next year as the revenue stream from DAoC has really started to dry up.

well I think the biggest reason Mythic is loosing so many customers is because they are extremely slow to respond overall to what people actually want.

Examples, zerkers took WAY too long time to nerf, it should have been done the week the extreme damagereports came in.

Healers AOEasd.. hello? How long did that stay?

Savages?.... no comment here really.. when ppl can make it to nearly rr10 before its fixed.. its too long.. and past that aswell.

Warlocks.. this is the worst example so far.. there are rr11 warlocks out there that made it to that RR before the proper nerfing was ingame, thats fucked up.

Bains CAE.. same fkin thing really.. idiotic to not fix it asap.

Ppl have been screaming for TOAnerfs for 2 years and finally they wake up and adjust things and now TOA is bearable, for the first time in 2 damned years.. I mean.. cmon..

There are still a ton of issues that need delicate handling still but.. !

It do seem Mythic really have waken up these last 2 patches, overall they have looked great, actually uber in some ways but the problem is still there, Mythic respond far too slow for it to be worth anything to those that wanted the changes 1 year ago.

Of course ppl grow impatient and just move on to greener lands, thats how gamers do.

What they should have done was, more polls, far more polls, 2-3 years ago already, special striketeams with their own agenda that only search and destroy unbalanced things and bugs. Be it via forums and via feedbacks, doesnt really matter how its done but it is 100% needed for a MMO like DAoC where balance is 90% of the game.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
ES4:Oblivion prolly isnt helping atm, daresay there will be a slow bounce back as they get higher lvl or just miss pvp. but i guess if u dont/didnt play daoc for the pvp then oblivion probably satisfys everything that needs satisfying for many months to come, so why pay a sub?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Sparx said:

MoS4-5 and stealth lore maybe :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
ES4:Oblivion prolly isnt helping atm, daresay there will be a slow bounce back as they get higher lvl or just miss pvp. but i guess if u dont/didnt play daoc for the pvp then oblivion probably satisfys everything that needs satisfying for many months to come, so why pay a sub?

i think oblivion is great, a vast improvemnt on the last one as well, am having fun assainating people :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
It's hardly suprising considering how old the game is, as well as how difficult it is for new players to do everything they need before they have a chance of competing in RvR.

Just hope the EU servers don't decline like the US servers, they can always recluster the existing servers - but theres no more servers to cluster with Excalibur/Prydwen anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom