EU subscription higher that the US!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I hate to moan here in light of a release date which were all finally happy about!

However I've just been checking the prices and these are my findings...

Our Prices
1 month for £10.31
3 months for £28.55
6 months for £52.34

1 -$14.99 equals to £7.68
3 -$41.97 equals to £21.52
6 -$77.94 equals to £39.97

Brit's/EU being shafted again? thats quite a big difference when you add it up...... I'm going to be paying it no matter what but it does seem slightly unfair.

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
I asked the same thing here, and the answer is that EU prices are with VAT and the NA ones are without since they vary with the state.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Just seen another post from Iain in abother thread saying that out prices include all VAT etc etc but the US price does not hence it appearing a little lower?

Is this correct?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
VAT and shitty US dollar rates if you compare directly.
If you can't afford to play on EU, then you can play on US, the easy solution.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Comparing the $ to £/€ price difference is pretty pointless as conversion rates fluctuate all the time. The US $ has been falling in value against the £ and € for ages I suspect at some point it'll start strengthening surely :)

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
how can we play on US server? if its cheaper i am in for sure =]

its always the same, we always pay more for everything in the UK.

i wouldnt mind so much, but it seems to me we are 2nd rate citizens behind the US version of the game already, and it hasnt even started yet!!

.............card games, beta access for all, better web site, more info, the list goes on.

ok rant over

(18th Sept, booking a week off work - lol)

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't this the same across all MMOs? I know it's the same for LotRO, and it does have to take into account VAT over here, plus the relatively rubbish dollar rate at the moment.

I didn't find it surprising, and the 6 month deal seems a pretty good one.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
World economics is a lot more complex than 'they are getting it at X so we want it at X too'.

Never gonna get same cost imo.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
17.5 % vat is whats screwing us not mythic or GOA, Vat on digital products is a f***ing joke, its the vampires that run r country that are the problem.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
oow, one other thing, i played Daoc on the US servers, and all tho it was fun, i misted out on all the cool raids and such, coz of the time difference.

Is it worth saving a couple of quid, and then missing out on a city siege.

not for me it isnt.

And ive got 5 CE`s ordered, me, 2 kids, and my sisters 2 boys, 240 quid, and over £50 a month :(

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Its the shitty dollar. They can't raise the prices to much even though the dollar is low. Its the same reason many companies that export to US is getting less money for what they sell and almost not making profit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just seen another post from Iain in abother thread saying that out prices include all VAT etc etc but the US price does not hence it appearing a little lower?

Is this correct?

yes it is, besides, its like 50p or something? who cares

BLayzZE

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't worry about what US customers are paying, the dollar fluctuates so often, that in a months time they could be paying twice what we are

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
As has been mentioned, there is much more to world economics than meet the eye. A simple currency conversion between the USD and GBP does indeed point to a situation where it seems us Europeans are simply worse off. The comparison is not just, however, as it fails to recognise many important economic factors.

The USD is in a very weak position right now - and has been for some time - whereas the Euro and GBP are relatively well off. However, whereas the USD has decreased in value relative other currencies, it is still surprisingly strong within its own domains. So perhaps one could say, the Dollar has become objectively (relative the other important currencies) weaker, it is still subjectively strong. This means that if I bring 100£ to America and change them for USD, I will be able to buy a lot more stuff than I would in Great Britain.

When looking at the relatively higher prices we Europeans pay for services and products, we should ask ourselves if it would be fair to reverse the situation? Make Americans pay the same prices as we do in Europe. Whereas that would seem fair, at the end of the day, your average American consumer would end up having to work harder for that money than the average European.

This in conjunction with the VAT being excluded from the American prices point to a situation quite different than what it first seem like.

Personally, I can't want to go to the States with my pimp Euros!

Cheers,
Magnus

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
speaking of pimp, the rapper 50 cent would be called 0,323 cent in Europe right now.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't this the same across all MMOs? I know it's the same for LotRO, and it does have to take into account VAT over here, plus the relatively rubbish dollar rate at the moment.

I didn't find it surprising, and the 6 month deal seems a pretty good one.

Yes, in every mmo that I have ever played it was the same. It's the same for purchasing the game, it's a lot cheaper to buy the US version. In fact i think the US CE was 50% cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom