EU radar

tribute

Fledgling Freddie
You think there are ppl on EU english servers that are using radar?

There havent been much about it lately, I wonder if there is a working radar out there.

No names said but I think after very long time I can tell 1-2 ppl that are useing it here, one of them offen trys to play sooo inocent about it, always moaning about how bad it is.. getting bit blantant I think.

Once i was on Voicecom with a rvr guild, quite known ppl, this was maybe 6 months ago, and in the backround I heard "INVADER!!", after a long silence someone said, shut it down. They all knew eachother, I didnt since thats was first and last time I played with them.

Jjuraa

Banned
tribute said:
Once i was on Voicecom with a rvr guild, quite known ppl, this was maybe 6 months ago, and in the backround I heard "INVADER!!"

rofl the ammount of people that tell this story, its practically an urban legend now. we all know youre making it up :p if you arent, then im incredibly suspicious as to how you heard "invader" and instantly attributed it to radar, been doing some "research" have we?

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved
yep ppl still do it, and it's pretty easy to spot tbh if your a stealther. No point mentioning names on here as it'll just earn a insta ban, just report to rightnow as normal.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Skaven said:
yep ppl still do it, and it's pretty easy to spot tbh if your a stealther. No point mentioning names on here as it'll just earn a insta ban, just report to rightnow as normal.

And GoA will be looking into it? ;)

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
so what if someone is using radar ? it doesnt win them a fight, at the end of the day, you could go as far as saying it helps keep RvR active as they hunt down a single f/g instead of a zerg.

But seriously, you need to have hard proof, and in this case you dont. so just keep your thoughts about it to yourself, and let GOA do their job. they are much better at tracking radar users then you are. all you are doing is stiring up shi....Rubbish

Wonder why you couldnt name any names......you dont get banned if your right. and even if you do, get another login.

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
SonicBorg said:
so what if someone is using radar ? it doesnt win them a fight, at the end of the day, you could go as far as saying it helps keep RvR active as they hunt down a single f/g instead of a zerg.
It gives you the jump, which is a very big advantage. You should know that if you rvr which I guess you don't.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
SonicBorg said:

Wonder why you couldnt name any names......you dont get banned if your right. and even if you do, get another login.

1. Radar is an unfair advantage since you can avoid fights you dont want and look for fights you do want, as well as getting the jump on other people when you dont deserve it etc.

2. Naming names on FH is a bannable offense afaik, regardless of you being right or not about it, so he does well not to do it. Naming someone is also very silly when you dont have real proof (which only GOA can get) since the name will be remembered for something negative even if they have done nothing wrong.

D

Doom

i'm hoping goa keeps a close watch on glastonbury now when most people are starting to rvr..

on lamorak, one of the us classic servers, around 50% of _all_ groups seemed to use it at the start, then the ban-wave struck and suddenly VN was filled with quit threads..

i havnt seen any really obvious radarusage from the groups we've met on glaston so far, but you never know.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
tribute said:
You think there are ppl on EU english servers that are using radar?

Do bears shit in the woods?

SonicBorg said:

That's why people risk permanent bans using it :rolleyes:

Lethul

FH is my second home
SonicBorg said:

But seriously, you need to have hard proof, and in this case you dont. so just keep your thoughts about it to yourself, and let GOA do their job. they are much better at tracking radar users then you are. all you are doing is stiring up shi....Rubbish

lols, you rolled here from a US server or what?

tbh it seems like GOA are better at finding radar uses than Mythic or atleast search for it more actively. :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
SonicBorg said:
What a crock, it tells them when an FG is incoming, what classes there are, where solo / exp players are, how to avoid incoming, you can spot ongoing fights and join in, spot whos where from well out of clip range...

You need to wake up and smell the shit radar does bud.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
1. Radar is an unfair advantage since you can avoid fights you dont want and look for fights you do want, as well as getting the jump on other people when you dont deserve it etc.

radar = stealth for everyone ? ;)

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
Skaven said:

so the gm's should just run around as stealthers then i guess... but can u explain to curious little me what makes it so easy to spot them? :p
i heard it from other stealthers aswell, but they noticed it on their own radar xD

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
I know how goa operates with regards to radar so i wont be giving anything away except for when your caught radaring dont come crying here :p

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
athom said:
but can u explain to curious little me what makes it so easy to spot them? :p

Radar doesn't show (ungrouped) stealthers.

I (a Hunter) was once in Mid PoC I was tailing a full group of Albs, they were all high RR (GG) and not interested in PvEing so I came to the conclusion I was not going to be able to pick one off, I headed back to mid entrance.

I was messing about with GroundTargets and realised my buffs had dropped, so I unstealthed to rebuff. It was safe to do so as I was some way and a few corners away from the albs. I then noticed a single Alb from the group had come back, he was standing at my GT (where I unstealtehd to buff) and it was as clear as day he was looking for me.

I repeated the exercise and the same alb came again, I repeated a third time but this time rather than rebuff I teleported out just as he turned the last corner.

I noticed a similar "phenomenon" in Alb PoC but this time a Hib group using it against Albs. Due to these two events I now run fraps permanently.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I know most of the common radar versions dont work now - doesnt mean a custom-written or altered radar couldnt patch into the client still.

That said, most of the blatantly obvious radar users i know from OF (no names mentioned) and some of the newer ones from NF havent logged in recently...Coincidence?

Personally i think GoA have a good automated system in place (the client/server packet protection they put in a while back) and where that fails they trust the community to report people in a mature manner with information that allows them to investigate objectively.

PS The unstealth test is a good one - i used to use it all the time to wind certain guild groups up - slightest sniff of a solo stealther and ZOOM they came running.

Gamah

Banned
Thadius said:
And GoA will be looking into it? ;)

I have reported someone for radar before and they have been banned the next day.

GOA do take action. But people have to be very carefull when reporting radar, I have been acused of it before, which ofc is laughable seen as he ammount of times I get zerged by fg's..but apprantly the guy said I can't have him targeted and /face when hes underwater :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I worry that the small influx of American hardcore RvR players to the classic server will have a detrimental effect on the amount of radar users here. It seems people are a lot more liberal about using radar in the US, whereas it still is a taboo that only weaklings and idiots would use here in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom