EU news/community site

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by Sibanac
I've been looking of creating a parser to create spelcalc item files from some online database, should be pretty easy if you have direct access to a DB, to create that feature.

So for example after searching for all albion Q95+, 16+dps slash swords, you could download a zip file that would contain them all, then just extract in the spelcalc dir and you got em all

Yes that could be a nice feature, the Item/Quest database might not be ready for release.. I will try though ;)

And the site will be PHP/mySQL based so the script needs to be written in PHP, CGI isn't an option in the beginning. And the only extra PHP module (other than the standard modules) is GDlib 2.0.1.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by agreiloth
Yes that could be a nice feature, the Item/Quest database might not be ready for release.. I will try though ;)

And the site will be PHP/mySQL based so the script needs to be written in PHP, CGI isn't an option in the beginning. And the only extra PHP module (other than the standard modules) is GDlib 2.0.1.

bah you cant ask a postgres/perl coder to code mySQL/PHP, thats evil ;)

shouldnt be a problem tho :)

B

Brinx

From someone who sorted out the old daocnation site, good luck :)

If you go ahead the one thing I'd say is to make absolutely certain that people who say they want to be involved etc now really are, and aren't likely to drop out when it actually comes to creating content. That was a huge headache.

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by Brinx
From someone who sorted out the old daocnation site, good luck :)

If you go ahead the one thing I'd say is to make absolutely certain that people who say they want to be involved etc now really are, and aren't likely to drop out when it actually comes to creating content. That was a huge headache.

Thanks for the good luck ;). And yes I'm aware that I'm highly dependent of content providers, but I have faith in the community.. and if all fails well then I tried and can move on ;)

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by Sibanac
bah you cant ask a postgres/perl coder to code mySQL/PHP, thats evil ;)

shouldnt be a problem tho :)

Hehe I had to keep the cost down ;), and as you said... It shouldn't be a problem ;)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

DAOC Nation

This was a Euro-based site that was set up on BW, I believe. If you want to get something else going you might be able to get in touch with the BW people and revive it? The servers and bandwidth are already there to be used, I guess :)

A

agreiloth

Originally posted by old.Trine Aquavit
DAOC Nation

This was a Euro-based site that was set up on BW, I believe. If you want to get something else going you might be able to get in touch with the BW people and revive it? The servers and bandwidth are already there to be used, I guess :)

Looks nice ;). Though I allready have servers and bandwidth, and its faster for me to setup what I have now than to revive some existing site (I'd have to add lots of stuff I allready have running). Besides there might be some copyright/credit problems. The site and the underlying code I hopefully will get up and running will be under the GNU/GPL license which basicly means, free for all ;).

But i'll certainly look at the site to get ideas, if BW doesn't mind! :p

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by agreiloth
Don't worry I'll ask when I need help ;). In the early fase I'll primarily be buggin' Thorarin, and even though he doesn't know it yet he'll be one of the admins ;)

Hmmf ;)
Seriously, if I can be of service with my mad coding skillz ( :rolleyes: ) I'm sure I'll hear from you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom