EU investigating Wanadoo (GoA)

Blood

Fledgling Freddie
Well doesnt really have much to do with daoc, except if they are shut down (yea, bloody likely.. NOT), but im bored..

But Wanadoo is being investigated by the EU Commision for unfair business practices, their crime... selling cheap adsl (too cheap!)

okay, so those of you that didnt fall off your chairs, last year they were actually fined 10 million euros for selling cheap adsl.

ofcourse it isnt so simple.. they are actually being naughty.. see France Telecom owns 70% of Wanadoo, and FT sells line capacity to everyone, including Wanadoo.. and instead of FT lowering the prices, Wanadoo lowers theirs.. thous the 2 companies together squeezes the competition out of the market (Wanadoo have like 50% markedshare now).

(big profit in FT, and big loss in daughter company Wanadoo... hey its even tax deductable for FT!)

Anyway, i got these figures etc from a pretty low journalistic standard website, so you are warned.

ps. Lost In Translation is like the best insomniac movie ever

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't see where the problem is, wanadoo adsl is about 50x more expensive than any other adsl providers around here (ok slight exageration but it definately isn't cheaper). Must be some special offer I missed, or maybe prices for corporate adsl lines or something.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see where the problem is.

Wanadoo sells 1Mbit DSL for 39€/month. It's one of the most expensive provider in France (but quality is very good). Another provider ("Free") sells 4Mbit DSL for 29€ + free local telephone call + free tv (50 channels) through an ADSL line. It's the cheapest. Tiscali and most of the other providers sells 1Mbits DSL for 20€.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom