EU Character Transfers Starting 4/27/2010

Mythic_Andy

Fledgling Freddie
Reposting from the Herald:

Greetings!
We are excited to announce free character transfers for EU Servers starting Tuesday, 4/27/2010! Players will be able to chose from the following options for their new homes:

Dyvet
Transfer to Ywain, Kattraeth, or Glamorgan

Diera

Cumbria

Canterbury

Camlann
Transfer to Mordred

Ywain
Transfer to Kattraeth, or Glamorgan

Once transfers have been enabled we will continue to monitor server population levels and may enable further free transfers as needed.
Please be sure to read the Free Character Transfer FAQ and the Free Character Transfer Instructions for any questions you may have about the process! Also, please be sure to watch the Herald for updates as to when this service will be enabled next Tuesday, 4/27/2010.

Thank you for your continued support and we'll see you in the Frontier!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for Info Andy think there lot peeps going to be very happy.

Soulja

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
This method works in case i want my EU characters to have names of my US characters:

- delete US character
- overwrite the deleted slot with different name
- rename EU character

Right? :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
This method works in case i want my EU characters to have names of my US characters:

- delete US character
- overwrite the deleted slot with different name
- rename EU character

Right? :)

I was planning to dump US toons with the same names on germans servers, and then move across the EU ones to ywain...assume then at some point in far future they can be moved back then.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i have toon names i want to keep on EU
i have however re-created htem on US

so ...

if i have:
TOON-excal
TOON-ywain1

can i move toon-excal to become toon-ywain2 WITHOUT it clashing with toon-ywain1 name ?

or do i need to delete my ywain1 one, or can i get hte ywain1 renamed, or what ?:(

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
You can either delete them or...

You can transfer the Ywain to Kattraeth, or Glamorgan then transfer your EU toon over.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thanks Andy, something good to look forward to next week.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
While this is a pretty good thing, I'd like to know a few things about names and I guess I'm not the only one:

- Is Ywain 1 Server for creating chars? Meaning you cannot NEWLY create Char-Ywain1 if Char-Ywain2 already exists?

- Does this restriction also count for /freexfer? Meaning I get renamed to Char133-Ywain2 if Char-Ywain1 already exists?

- Is it possible to have chars on my US account renamed to make naming room for my EU toons? That's the case for my Animist :/

It's nearly 99% sure that some nasty people have already taken pleasure in "occupying" the names of some people they hate for various reasons and it would be very unfair towards us, who can just transfer now :(

Would it be a problem to find a solution to this thing? Personally I would've been happier to just see the non-German/French European servers clustered with Ywain and renamed to Ywain11 - YwainXX.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
While this is a pretty good thing, I'd like to know a few things about names and I guess I'm not the only one:

- Is Ywain 1 Server for creating chars? Meaning you cannot NEWLY create Char-Ywain1 if Char-Ywain2 already exists?

- Does this restriction also count for /freexfer? Meaning I get renamed to Char133-Ywain2 if Char-Ywain1 already exists?

- Is it possible to have chars on my US account renamed to make naming room for my EU toons? That's the case for my Animist :/

It's nearly 99% sure that some nasty people have already taken pleasure in "occupying" the names of some people they hate for various reasons and it would be very unfair towards us, who can just transfer now :(

Would it be a problem to find a solution to this thing? Personally I would've been happier to just see the non-German/French European servers clustered with Ywain and renamed to Ywain11 - YwainXX.

Mythic tried to come up with a solution to this but there was no way around it, ywain1-10 are made for the purposes of housing and the ability to create upto 100 characters on each realm.

You can transfer characters to any Ywain-# for example when NFD first transferred there at the start of Ywain we all chose to go to ywain7 /freexfer Ywain7

Ywain 1-10 is just basically a big cluster that works like dyvet cluster, you can only have one instance of your name, when you initially transfer from EU to Ywain if the name you use is taken then it will have a random string of numbers attached to the end of your characters name, you should receive an email with instructions about how to change your characters name.

The way round getting your EU chars names that you currently use on US toons is done by transferring the US toon to a different server such as Glamorgan, then transferring your EU toon, then transferring the initial US character back and renaming it.

For example EU toon named Bob and US toon named Bob, move Ywain Bob from Ywain to Glamorgan, transfer EU Bob to Ywain to become Ywain Bob, then transfer Glamorgan Bob back to Ywain and rename.

Hope this helps

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Well my names have been taken, so im just gona go with ''BlitzEU'' if i can put capitals in it like that.?

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
The way round getting your EU chars names that you currently use on US toons is done by transferring the US toon to a different server such as Glamorgan, then transferring your EU toon, then transferring the initial US character back and renaming it.

For example EU toon named Bob and US toon named Bob, move Ywain Bob from Ywain to Glamorgan, transfer EU Bob to Ywain to become Ywain Bob, then transfer Glamorgan Bob back to Ywain and rename.
I may had misread something but you mention transferring from Ywain to Glamorgan (german cluster) temporarily then back to Ywain but from what I read Mythic haven't allowed German or French clusters to transfer to Ywain... I wish they would as I'd love to play my German hibs in english finally :clap:

Are there other servers/clusters that allow a transfer off Ywain and then back on again?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
I may had misread something but you mention transferring from Ywain to Glamorgan (german cluster) temporarily then back to Ywain but from what I read Mythic haven't allowed German or French clusters to transfer to Ywain... I wish they would as I'd love to play my German hibs in english finally :clap:

Are there other servers/clusters that allow a transfer off Ywain and then back on again?

Yea just noticed that myself :( They probably will eventually they just need to overcome the language barrier :<

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Yea just noticed that myself :( They probably will eventually they just need to overcome the language barrier :<
I hope so but if the Ywain population stays around 3k in US prime time like it is now it could be a while :(

I was really hoping when Mythic started the transfer talk there would be some transfer path from the German servers into a US cluster :(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
yahoo.gif

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Out of the question to change this to wednesday since I work late on tuesdays ? ;)

eble

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for the info Andy.

now wheres metalwolf lol :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Early april = late april for Mythic

Anyways, does the Ywain number mean anything? I mean is it hard to find a house on Ywain-1 compared to the others or is there some other subtle difference

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Well my names have been taken, so im just gona go with ''BlitzEU'' if i can put capitals in it like that.?

Dont think we can do that :( i was hoping for a simular option aswell.
But as it seems now it will be ex: Eutwoeye OR Twoeyetheold for me :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its a sneaky way of getting a name change on your EU toons too, create a level 1 with the same name then once you have transferred your EU one over it will ask you to rename it on the character select screen.

I haven't got much choice myself, I named one of my US characters Ravenbourne donkeys years ago and have no idea what the log in details are. Always thought the name was a bit roleplayerish anyway. Bloody hate thinking up names though.

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Andy !

Great info.
Can i say i can delete my german caracters and start a new one? Or the german cluster get any transfer to english/us one in the near future? Reading a lot of forums but i cant find any info about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom