EU Caves in on Pint!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aye now I just wish they'd sod off about everything else they've been bugging us about but at least tis a victoy \o/

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
YES!

Get in, the rest of you europeans will have to put up with us using feet, miles, stone, pints for EVAH!

Yes yes yes, i'm happy, i'll never tell you my height in cm nor my weight in kilo's because quite frankly I couldnt care less about your metric measurements, IMPERIAL FTW!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Sop to get the consitution thru without a referendum imo!

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Well if you want a bloody hard time doing all those unit conversions, then by all means do :D

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Well if you want a bloody hard time doing all those unit conversions, then by all means do :D

What's so hard?

Tbh Personally I don't really mind about the Lbs / Kg's thing but don't touch my fooking Pint!
:cheers:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I like everything that's there... But I still use KM/Miles depending on the mood.,

Viva pint!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
woohoo, will still be able to order a 1/4 pounder from mac donalds!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Oh by the way, its been a while since i went aboad, what in the EU, say france for example. What measurment do they use for a "pint"? do they serve it in litres or something?

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
I think the standard measurement for a "Pint" is 0.4l

Poor UK tho, as most Norwegian pubs serve 0.5l beers!

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
isnt a pint 567ml?

lol just checked and its 568ml, guess the jokes on you!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Think youask for half a litre of beer, least that was it showed you on the News :p

The guy reported said "The EU knows Britain is special".

Well, as the country that provides the EU with lots of money for subsidaries, along with Germany, means we should be special!

Then you have semi- decent countries like Spain and France, who dont contribute as much. They deserve not to be special :p

As for countries like Poland and Slovakia, who provide little to the EU, they can go swivel. Half their country is in Germany or Britain anyway.

Leaving countries like Sweden and Netherlands, but they just want to get pissed drinking pints! ;)

Gamah

Banned
Think youask for half a litre of beer, least that was it showed you on the News :p

The guy reported said "The EU knows Britain is special".

Well, as the country that provides the EU with lots of money for subsidaries, along with Germany, means we should be special!

Then you have semi- decent countries like Spain and France, who dont contribute as much. They deserve not to be special :p

As for countries like Poland and Slovakia, who provide little to the EU, they can go swivel. Half their country is in Germany or Britain anyway.

Poland — Population: 38,518,241 (July 2007 est.)

Official figures put the number of Poles in Britain at about 264,000; (circa 350k - 400k for ones that don't register)

half?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
It will be a cold, cold day in hell before I ask for a litre of smiths.

I dont care about the bollocks figures, how much or how little we give to the EU, or any of the other crap that the pen-pushers spout, this is the UK and our traditions are important.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Poland — Population: 38,518,241 (July 2007 est.)

Official figures put the number of Poles in Britain at about 264,000; (circa 350k - 400k for ones that don't register)

half?

Its called sarcasm

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Bloody expensive 0.5L as well from what I remember.

yep, the prices on stuff in Norway are quite silleh :)

and most i know here in swe says a pint or "stor stark" when we order beer, Stor stark is 0.4L though and thats a pretty standardized size here at clubs and stuff but in good pubs its pints beeing served.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom