EU beta -> EU retail

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I heard some say that characters played in the beta will be transferred into the retail once it goes live. As far as I'm concerned I'd say that transferring characters from beta to retail wouldn't make much sense, but after a few people told me they would I'm puzzled if this might be the truth.

Anybody here know correct info?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard have said they will wipe the servers.

Think there are 50 or so threads about this on the US boards, the plain fact is your supposedly TESTING in a beta and as such not really playing.

Imagine not having been in the beta, logging in on your first day to the PvP server and getting instantly ganked by a lvl 50 beta transfer...i think i would be a little angry.

The counter argument (to save you trolling hundreds of threads) is that having a load of higher lvl players will relieve stress on the newbie zones when the game is released and will allow former-beta players to take a little time and help those new to the game.

Which one do you think a company like Blizzard would choose? :)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I totally agree with you Tallen, and I know that US servers got wiped, but I haven't been able to find any WoW forum boards containing info on EU beta.

The reason I was wondering was that I already tried US open beta, and if characters were to get wiped on EU beta I don't see any reason to play there too, so I'd wait for EU retail instead :)

Already pre-ordered my copy, so I'll just wait ^^

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
well u can do the beta again to see some more but yeah theres no point in powerplaying it

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Sadly i didnt get to try all the classes out in the US beta, as id planned for it staying open longer than it did, so thats why ill be playing it, but i dont see the point of getting lv60 etc in a beta, then the real game will hold no excitement, for me at least

Slatelighttone

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, and although I hated my character getting wiped after the US beta, I understand why they did it. EU beta will give me a chance to try out a couple more different toons, and hopefully help try and kick a couple of Infernal asses when the GM's decide to end it.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
To give everyone a fresh start at launch, all servers will be wiped etc. Blizzard have stated this hundreds of times already. Doubt it will be anything different from US at EU launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom