ETA for transfer UK/ITA/SPA chars to ywain?

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
i tested transfer yesterday night. ( /freexfer Ywain
First i wanted to transfer my chanter from Lyoness ( German server ) .
I used freexfer to list the servers. Its said no servers available or somehting like that. Then i used the /freexfer Ywain2 and after i got a answer in the chat window . Transfer is not yet available for you
Then i tryed my thane from Excalibur ( English server ). I directly used the /freexfer Ywain 1 and its said ( different msg ) its quened.
It was 10 hour ago and stil no email or anything and about 1x day left from the free one month.
But its looks like they not allow transfer german players to US at the moment.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
i tested transfer yesterday night. ( /freexfer Ywain
First i wanted to transfer my chanter from Lyoness ( German server ) .
I used freexfer to list the servers. Its said no servers available or somehting like that. Then i used the /freexfer Ywain2 and after i got a answer in the chat window . Transfer is not yet available for you
Then i tryed my thane from Excalibur ( English server ). I directly used the /freexfer Ywain 1 and its said ( different msg ) its quened.
It was 10 hour ago and stil no email or anything and about 1x day left from the free one month.
But its looks like they not allow transfer german players to US at the moment.

That was crystal clear from info notes. Uk Italian and Spanish ex servers can xfer to Ywain, German and French will have a dedicated cluster each.

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
damn it , then i can drop in to the trash my high rr hib chars. fck

Marchakz

Loyal Freddie
Will characters from North American servers be able to transfer to Non–English servers? Vice Versa?
We have yet to finalize a decision on this subject, but at this time we’re considering the possibilities of transfers off of Ywain to the new Multilingual servers.

From the FAQ.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
damn it , then i can drop in to the trash my high rr hib chars. fck

Not entirely true!:)
They have said that transfer to and from the German/french cluster isnt yet decided and still beeing considered.

It probably boils down to amount of active players and when they play etc. Basically can they fit on ywain or not. I think they want to take it step by step!:)

/Charmangle

Marchakz

Loyal Freddie
Not entirely true!:)
They have said that transfer to and from the German/french cluster isnt yet decided and still beeing considered.

It probably boils down to amount of active players and when they play etc. Basically can they fit on ywain or not. I think they want to take it step by step!:)

/Charmangle

I think most of the players that want to transfer to Ywain from German cluster is going to play Ywain anyways. Shouldn't affect population much then.
I have chars both on Dyvett and the german cluster and i would very much like to get all with me to Ywain.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The commands work, the back office stuff that actually moves them doesn't. You are wasting your time trying to transfer them until they say they have activated it.

I wish they would hurry up and allow us to transfer, at this rate I am just going to cancel my US accounts until they do, I see no point playing any of my Ywain characters, all I need them for is to hold my stuff until I can get my EU characters on there and transfer all my gear over.

georgie

FH is my second home
There's been a lot of talk about transfers to/from ywain over the past few weeks or so and to be honest, that doesn't interest me particularly. What would interest me big time is an account merge.

I assume that's probably not on the cards, unfortunately. Any idea if that's even possible for them to do?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I assume that's probably not on the cards, unfortunately. Any idea if that's even possible for them to do?

Yes, it is. It's a bit complex (moving char to open spots, making sure accounts have the spots free, making sure char names are the same etc) - There's no actual fiddling with the characters to do it (apart from name as said), it's a lot of work, but is very much doable.

EDIT: Assuming each character is associated with an account, change account name on characters you want to merge.
Check each character on the account/server and make sure there are no clashes (fun bit) - Change when necessary
Do all other fiddly DB things which I cba to list out.
Confirm all changes
(Hell, not even a reboot is required! ;))

I'd like it to merge with my US account, would give me a reason to go harass my friends on Gaheris again.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Can't you transfer characters between accounts?

For a fee yes, think it's something like $40 for 4 characters.
Know i read it somewhere, i'm sure theres some info about it on the herald. :)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
arg that gets expensive with transfering 2 accts with 8 mids & 8 Hibs each...

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Well...

I think most of the players that want to transfer to Ywain from German cluster is going to play Ywain anyways. Shouldn't affect population much then.
I have chars both on Dyvett and the german cluster and i would very much like to get all with me to Ywain.

Well I think so too, but not because most players on German/french servers are already playing on Ywain, but more because EU players are in general playing 12-24 Gmt time, while americans are playing 24-12 gmt meaning that there is room for 2k players more during Eu daytime hours on ywain.

When I logged on to German Cluster yesterday at 20.30 Gmt+1 there were 400 albs and 300 mids on, guessing there are about 300 hibs, that would mean that there were about 1k player base there and again guessing there are about the same amount on the french server, that would be there are a playerbase of about 2k players on french/german servers who are not generally playing ywain.

Well thats just my guess!:)

/charmangle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom